Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/29/2015 4:10:37   
Gouresdo

Humm that's quite an amazing class Ash nice job. I could not test it yet but I have 2 comments about it.

1. Is that healing skill really necessary?
Since you can (and you will) steal potions from your foes you will not likely need to heal your HP with that skill, also since potions are not dependant on END this class could be an effecitve glass cannon (0 END 200 DEX/INT/STR). If I could suggest something to stop this glass cannon build It would be reducing the steal potion chance (maybe a 60% chance of potions would be better). But if you like the glass cannon idea take that skill away and put a crit buff in it's place (please do keep in mind that I could not test it yet, this is just my gut felling speaking). Also, is healing theme fitting? When I think of pirates what comes to mind is cannons, guns, swords, dirt fighting, "yaaar", but not healing.

2. Since they have a higher limit to how many potions they can carry, do they get 4 potions from potion boxes?
This is just a doubt that came to mind, I do believe that keeping the potion boxes as "refil 2 potions" works better, but then again, that's just a felling.

Keep up the amazing work!
AQ DF  Post #: 126
3/29/2015 6:08:24   
Sapphire2345

^ The class only gets 2 potions from potion boxes.

Edit: And 0 when you already have 2 potions.

< Message edited by Sapphire2345 -- 3/29/2015 6:11:45 >
DF  Post #: 127
3/30/2015 14:21:39   
TotalHavok114

I always listen to some Alestorm whenever I use the Pirate class for some epic pirate fuelled battles.
Also really liking the revamped class.

I shall weave you a scarf of souls to keep that cold heart of yours warm.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 128
3/30/2015 14:51:21   
Darius

Wait, so Dread Pirate isn't getting any changes at all? It's sticking with the old stats? Wuuuuut???
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 129
3/30/2015 14:57:45   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

Dread Pirate was only ever released for the sake of the Dread Pirate Roberts reference, it's both unlikely and purposeless for it to get any buffs when it was Ninja faction that won the last few PvN wars.

Maybe skill renames if we can assemble 14, but not any functional changes.
DF AQW  Post #: 130
3/30/2015 15:03:04   
Ash

Dread Pirate is getting the same skills as normal pirate. I'll be adjusting the names of the skills where appropriate though.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 131
3/30/2015 15:52:44   
Darius

@Ash: Ah, that's what I was hoping for. Thanks!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 132
3/30/2015 22:47:53   
Siedgrief

Im really loving the rewamps so far :D keep up the good work Ash!, is only 1 thing that i wanna suggest Ash, can u re-watch the mana cost of ninja-pirate-deathknight class? it seems to me that the mana cost are a little too much for a middle range player (20-40), specially with some skill that are supossed to be spameable like Rapid attack from ninja, and the last combo of the same class? its like 60mp and thats a lot considering that our mp got decreased, all that if u have the time of course :D, thanks!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 133
3/30/2015 23:52:38   
Branl

quote:

Im really loving the rewamps so far :D keep up the good work Ash!, is only 1 thing that i wanna suggest Ash, can u re-watch the mana cost of ninja-pirate-deathknight class? it seems to me that the mana cost are a little too much for a middle range player (20-40), specially with some skill that are supossed to be spameable like Rapid attack from ninja, and the last combo of the same class? its like 60mp and thats a lot considering that our mp got decreased, all that if u have the time of course :D, thanks!

Yeah I really think the MP costs for these three classes should be looked at again.
It is feasible to run around with 0 Wis in the Atlean classes, while 75+75 Wis would wittle me down to like 200 mp with those three classes using healing pads and considering the Atlean classes are meant to be higher tiered than all three of these classes... It doesn't really make much sense.
(Mainly has to do with how effective the Atlean classes are so battles tend to be shorter along with having 15-20 mp damage skills.)

< Message edited by Branl -- 3/30/2015 23:55:20 >
AQ DF  Post #: 134
3/31/2015 0:14:51   
The Hollow Soul

Well Deathknight and Atlean are the same tier at 3, so it having high mana makes sense.

I find pirate good mana wise so far for the 3 level ranges I've tested with (35, 62, and 80). Plus Ash is pretty set in stone with his mana costs, so I doubt he'll budge much on them if at all since he seems to put a lot of pre-thought into it before setting them and took into consideration that he'd be redoing the stat system as well, so mana is set at a nice cost taking it all into consideration with what he was working with over the past few months.

I doubt Ash would re-do the classes, not take the mana costs into consideration, then do the stats revamp, just so he'd have to go back and fix all the mana costs.
That'd just make more work for him to do... unless he really likes running laps around the class revamps.

Plus, Ash's argument with the mana stuff is that he made it so you'd have to use potions, healing pads, and not have the option to walk through a quest with 1000+ MP like you could before.

To me, I think level 20 is still a tad to early to go for the story-line classes, maybe around 30-35 for them just so you have a little bit of a mana build up. Up until then(1-35), I'd stick with base armor,(35-60) I'd do tier 2 classes, and 65+ I'd go for tier 3.

< Message edited by The Hollow Soul -- 3/31/2015 0:36:14 >
DF  Post #: 135
3/31/2015 0:32:37   
Branl

quote:

Well Deathknight and Atlean are the same tier at 3, so it having high mana makes sense.

I find pirate good mana wise so far for the 3 level ranges I've tested with (35, 62, and 80). Plus Ash is pretty set in stone with his mana costs, so I doubt he'll budge much on them if at all since he seems to put a lot of pre-thought into it before setting them and took into consideration that he'd be redoing the stat system as well. I doubt Ash would re-do the class, not take the mana costs into consideration, then do the stats just to make more work for himself... unless he really likes running laps around the class revamps.

This is true.
Pirate feels ok for a tier 2 class, but Ninja requires a pretty large number of their skills to get their damage going, which contributes to the mana you can expect to use in one fight for that class.

Even though I love DeathKnight... It feels like it sacrifices the damage output of the Atlean classes to have a bit more survivability... and that's ok.
My issue is that it's skills far outstrip the Atlean classes in terms of mana cost.
Most of the mana costs for the Atlean classes hover around 15-30mp with many of the more damaging skills being on the lower end of the spectrum, while DeathKnight has it's skills in the 30-50 mp ballpark, with a few of them being set up skills to deal more damage.

Maybe it's just because I play on hard mode, it's normal to spend oodles of Mana just to kill one mob, as they tend to have anywhere between 2-3k hp for trash mobs and be very dodge happy.
And I'm fine if there aren't any changes, I just thought I'd share my concerns, my main one being the Atlean classes being less mana exausting than Pirate/Ninja/Deathknight (Due to these classes having to set up their big damage while the Atlean classes either have their damage straight on their skills and passives.)

< Message edited by Branl -- 3/31/2015 0:38:27 >
AQ DF  Post #: 136
3/31/2015 0:39:35   
Siedgrief

yeah i know, i had to try >_< but it really feels to me that some mana are a little to high, i mean rapid attack(ninja) should be at MAX 15mp dont u think? i can understand the mana cost of Dk because its a t3, but even for a t3 class some mana cost are too high, thats how i feel about it, and just to be clear im not asking for skill to cost 5-15mp im asking for a little reduction >_<.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 137
3/31/2015 0:42:29   
The Hollow Soul

@Siedgrief, I didn't think you were asking for way low mana costs at all, that'd be a silly argument to fight on as Ash would probably just ignore you if you wanted really reduced numbers. I'm sure he'll look into it and either say yes(very low chance I'm guessing) or at least explain why he won't do it.

< Message edited by The Hollow Soul -- 3/31/2015 0:43:54 >
DF  Post #: 138
3/31/2015 0:49:08   
Branl

quote:

I didn't think you were asking for way low mana costs at all, that'd be a silly argument to fight on as Ash would probably just ignore you if you wanted really reduced numbers. I'm sure he'll look into it and either say yes(very low chance I'm guessing) or at least explain why he won't do it.

Yeah I don't see him changing his mind either.
Not after what happened in the previous pages of this thread

On another note, I've learned that inspire weakness affects dark rite, so using one after the other allows for alot of damage with maxed out End (Like I have, 3,000 hp too irresistable :p)
Deals with hard mobs rather nicely.

< Message edited by Branl -- 3/31/2015 1:10:26 >
AQ DF  Post #: 139
8/4/2015 1:03:25   
lightriftwalker122

I really like Pirate and Dread Pirate. The skills are great . In DF lore Will Dread Pirate get a Art update?
Pirate has become one of my favorite Classes.

< Message edited by lightriftwalker122 -- 8/4/2015 1:42:48 >
Post #: 140
8/4/2015 15:10:35   
armvis

By the way, when you say ALL things pirate... Does that include Pirate Monkey? I actually use that class more than pirate. It would be awesome if that got updated.
Also, I think that Dread Pirate should remain with the same skills as the old pirate. Like if you want to smell nostalgia.
DF AQW  Post #: 141
8/4/2015 15:12:17   
Ash

There is a ninja/pirate monkey armor thread here. The class itself is a joke class so it won't be getting updates at this time. It may in the future but there aren't any plans for it since it's not meant to be a "real" armor.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 142
8/4/2015 16:08:24   
Aura Knight

Will dread pirate get the same art as the revamped pirate (whenever that gets in game) but black, or will it have its own unique art?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 143
8/4/2015 16:11:01   
Ash

It's up to Tomix if it's getting new art at all. Right now the new skills are live on it but beyond that there's nothing planned for updates to it right now.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 144
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Pirate/Dread Pirate Armor Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 6«<23456
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition