Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Siege on Atrea

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Siege on Atrea
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/28/2013 2:12:33   
Voodoo Master

Siege on Atrea

Location: Pellow Village (Book 3) -> 3 Right -> Tomix -> Void Ship! -> Board the ship -> Desert Night
Level/Quest/Items required: Completion of The Autumn Wind
Release Date: September 27th, 2013

Objective: Atrea is under siege! Can you get past the Rose line and into the city?
Objective completed: You've made it past the siege line!

Scaled Yes/No: Yes

Monsters
(2) Energizer
(9) ManaHunter
(2) Manahuntress

NPCs
Tomix

Rewards
Peculiar Visor
Rose Sand Wrap (All Versions)

Access to Sand Wrap Drop Shop

Dialogue
Tomix: <Character>, I've gotten a letter from a friend in Atrea. Finish whatever you're doing and meet me there.

• Quest!

*Tomix is in the Sandsea, watching Atrea. The city is being attacked by catapults*

Tomix: Hey.
    <Character>: What's up?
    Tomix: As you can see, Atrea is under siege. The Rose is trying to either capture it or destroy it, I'm not sure.
    <Character>: Remind me, why are we going to Atrea? And how exactly are we going to get there without a gryph?
    Tomix: The letter I've received said that atealans can help reinforce the ship's structure, making it more resistant to the void currents.
    <Character>: The void has currents?
    Tomix: Anyway, I... think I have figured out how to get to Atrea. We have to get to the Rose encampment.
    <Character>: Ok... why?
    Tomix: Have a little faith.
    <Character>: So, are we good to go?
    Tomix: No, I think it will be safer to go after nightfall. We are to easy to spot right now, and I didn't find any caves for us to hide in.
    Tomix: We wait here until it gets dark, and hope Rose scouts won't notice us. Can you set up a campfire?

*After nightfall, a Rose scout notices the little campfire*

*Meanwhile, the two heroes are sitting by the fire*

<Character>: So... know any ghost stories?
    Tomix: Ghost stories? Really, <Character>? Can't we just wait in silence?
    <Character>: Oh come on, one story before we leave.
    Tomix: Eh, alright...
    Tomix: Once upon a time, there was a man named Tanislav. He lived in a small village called Mortem. He had a wife and a child.
    Tomix: The child's name was Roirr.
    Tomix: Sadly, Roirr was suffering from a terrible illness that was slowly killing him.
    Tomix: Over the years Tanislav tried multiple methods to cure his son, but everything failed.
    Tomix: One day, Tanislav heard word that a strange merchant, dressed in a cloak black as night, had come to village.
    Tomix: The stranger, asked by Tanislav if he could cure his little boy, sold him an old parchment.
    Tomix: The scroll described a forbidden ritual of liquifying one's life essence into a medicine.
    Tomix: After years of fruitless attempts at saving Roirr's life, Tanislav was desperate enough to perform the ritual.
    Tomix: He sacrificed his wife, however the medicine made from her life essence was not strong enough to cure the boy.
    Tomix: And thus Tanislav, driven by his insane devotion to saving his son, moved him to a safe place, and drew a ritual circle...
    Tomix: ... surrounding the entire village, and watched from afar as every villager was liquified into the remedy.
    Tomix: He then poured into his son's throat, and killed himself in remorse.
    Tomix: The boy lived.
    <Character>: ...
    <Character>: I've got chills.
    Tomix: Yeah, the Sandsea is cold at night.
    <Character>: No, I mean from the... anyway, what happened next? There is a next part, right?
    Tomix: Oh yes, there is. The boy, Roirr, was the First Weaver.
    Tomix: All those villagers became the first Elemental Spirits and Roirr learned how to, for a lack of better term, "use" them.
    Tomix: He grew up, had four children, and they were the founders of the Four Weaving Families.
    Tomix: Baltael, Pandora and Oyva. Soulweaving, chaosweaving and soulsmithing.
    Tomix: There are many theories about the fourth child, but all of them leads to the same outcome, he or she was the founder of Murks.
    <Character>: That's fascinating!
    Tomix: I'm sure it is, but we have things to do, come on.

*The two are heading towards Atrea. Suddenly, Tomix stops*

<Character>: Why did you stop?
    Tomix: Can't you hear it?

*The character tries listening for a second*

<Character>: Hear what?

*Tomix looks terrified, and dodges a big boulder at the last moment*

<Character>: Avatars! Are you alright Tomix?
    Tomix: Oh no, we've been spotted! Alright, try not to get killed, meet you at the Rose camp.
    <Character>: Meet you at... why... WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?!
    Tomix: Don't worry, I got this.

*Tomix then runs towards the camp and the catapult, using his soulweaving powers, leaving the hero behind*

<Character>: TOMIX!

Defeat the Rose members who stand in your way. The main challenge, though, are the big boulders that constantly hit you on your way.

*Finally, the character meets Tomix again. He's sitting on a catapult*

Tomix: There you are, alright, here's the plan...
    <Character>: No no no no NO! What the heck was that?!
    Tomix: I figured they'd try to hit the quicker target, so splitting up was a good option. I even defeated a few mana hunters to make your path safer.
    <Character>: That's rubbish! They'd try to hit the slow moving target first! You could try and help me in battles once in a while!
    Tomix: Okay, okay, I will from now on, happy? Anyway, the Rose reinforcements are coming so here's the plan.
    Tomix: I launch myself on the catapult towards Atrea...
    <Character>: ... and me?
    Tomix: I can't shout my ideas in front of the incoming enemy force, can I? Come closer.
    <Character>: No.
    Tomix: What?!
    <Character>: I'm not moving until you tell me what you're planning.
    Tomix: Act like an adult <Character>!
    <Character>: Well I'm sorry for being skeptical, but I know where this is going!
    Tomix: <Character>, for the love of... just come here!
    <Character>: Promise you won't do what I'm thinking you will?
    Tomix: I promise.

*The character comes closer. Tomix grasps him/her*

<Character>: Huh?

*The catapult then launches them both to Atrea*

<Character>: But you saaaaaaaaaid....
    Tomix: I lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

• Complete Quest
  • Loot Shop
    Opens Sand Wrap Drop Shop.

Next Up: Trithril

spoiler:

In order to avoid the boulders, try not to walk on the black circles that can be seen on the ground.

< Message edited by pjc -- 8/12/2014 19:47:24 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Siege on Atrea
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition