Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Third PvP Elemental Tournament - Sign up here!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Third PvP Elemental Tournament - Sign up here!
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/28/2013 20:05:58   
Beck

Hello everyone, and welcome to the long anticipated Third Oversoul Forums Tourney, filled with passionate battles and FIRE!
What is it again? Well, we thought it might be a nice idea to hold a PvP tournament on the forums in the spirit of fun and sportsmanship. So, carefully read all the information below before deciding to post and participate!

We've taken in the feedback from the previous tournament and will try some different things this time around, and hopefully things will run smoother. The changes are:
1 -- Longer sign up period - to allow more people to join in
2 -- Double Elimination Style tournament - as opposed to the group style we did last time. This way, people have to track down less folks for duels, which will hopefully make the whole thing run smoother.
3 -- Clearer rules about initiative/winning - we're giving 2 options to settle a 2-2 tie this time
4 -- There Will Be A Prize - Mainly, bragging rights on the forums; The winner of the tournament will be added to a list of Forum Tournament winners that will be posted at the beginning of each subsequent tournament post, from now on.

GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES AND GUIDELINES

• PvP Double Elimination Tournament. Duel invitation only, so players will have to challenge each other via the "Duel" option for each fight, one after the other. In a double elimination, if you lose 2 times, you're out! You can read more about how this process works here. We will post the tournament match-ups once sign-ups are finished.
  • Duelists must use only characters of the element the tournament's theme is. In this case, this means FIRE.
  • No level restrictions. Duelists can use any level character. (Disclaimer: Participating in the tournament could mean having to face a level 20 opponent, so be prepared!).
  • No card customization restrictions. Duelists can use any CC cards they have at their disposal.
  • Five days period for players to sign up, starting from the time stamp shown in the first post of the sign-up thread.
  • For a valid sign-up, players must make a post including their in-game name.
  • After the 5 days sign-up period the thread will be locked and you can`t sign up anymore.
  • When the tournament starts, players will be responsible for contacting each other (either through posts in the tournament thread or through PM's) to arrange duels. Duels must be carried out within 48 hours of the challenges being given. Remember, no-shows = forfeit!
  • You must win the best out of 5 matches to defeat your opponent! Alternate who goes first with your opponent.
  • IN THE CASE OF A TIE (2 wins each), the players can either calculate who had the most hp left at the end of the matches to decide who goes first in match 5 or just continue until one of the two duelist wins two more times in a row.
  • Make sure you post in the tournament discussion thread so we all know the results of your duel! Remember to be courteous in victory or in defeat. Post evidence of your match if you can. We all want to see! (Please read this if you don`t know how to take a screenshot and upload it to a site).

• Once more, please remember that since this is a Forum Based Tournament, the winner will not be getting any recognition or perks ingame! Just bragging right on the forum. :-)
  • All Artix Entertainment Forum Rules and Oversoul General Discussion Forum Rules apply in the tournament forum threads.

This tournament's element is FIRE. So get ready to burn burn buurrrrn the house down with your fiery spirit! Sign up now!
  • AQW  Post #: 1
    9/28/2013 20:13:05   
    Beck

=OS FORUM TOURNAMENT HALL OF FAME=

ICE TOURNAMENT
    1st Place = Lord Beck
    Runner Up = DeathGuard

SHADOW TOURNAMENT
    1st Place = The Finnish Phoenix
    Runner Up = Lord Beck

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 9/29/2013 14:23:03 >
    AQW  Post #: 2
    9/28/2013 20:27:15   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

Fire? Oh yes!

IGN: Skurge Jr.

The ArchFiend Needs Your Support.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    9/28/2013 20:30:52   
    clintonian

Let us burn everything!

IGN: clinton
    Post #: 4
    9/28/2013 20:38:13   
    Axel459
    The Void Calls

I wonder how far I'll get this time

IGN: Axel
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
    9/28/2013 20:44:39   
    Beck

Oh right, I'm entering too xP

IGN: Beck
    AQW  Post #: 6
    9/28/2013 20:54:10   
    BJEBLE

I want to enter.This will be very fun, as I consider Fire among my specialty elements.
    IGN: bjeble
    DF  Post #: 7
    9/28/2013 21:23:37   
    The Jop

I'll participate. I can use Mana Guardian, right?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    9/28/2013 21:30:58   
    BJEBLE

@Jop Well I don't see any reason you couldn't, because he is a Fire character with Energy cards, like Evil Jim.
    DF  Post #: 9
    9/28/2013 22:23:03   
    Beck

@The Jop
    Yup! You can use Mana Guardian since he was sorted into the Fire section in your inventory.
    AQW  Post #: 10
    9/28/2013 22:29:30   
    The Jop

As great as that is, my Mana Guardian is only level 10 so I'll have to use the only level 20 fire characters I have: Master Pyre Witch or LoveWeaver. I asked because I think it will be one of the most powerful fire characters, but I don't enough time to train.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
    9/28/2013 22:33:32   
    Char

I will not be entering. I just came by to wish everyone entering good luck.
    Post #: 12
    9/28/2013 23:26:42   
    the warden

IGN The warden
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
    9/28/2013 23:57:45   
    The Jop

The only fire CC cards I have are 4 204s and a shield. With LoveWeaver or Pyre Witch, I think it's safe to say I will not be winning.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    9/29/2013 0:18:20   
    Megadragonknight

@Jop
    You should use Mana Guardian or Evil Jim if you have it in the fire tournament. This might give you a better chance to win the tournament with some luck.
    Post #: 15
    9/29/2013 0:29:18   
    The Jop

@Mega
    I don't have Evil Jim and, like I said, my Mana Guardian is only level 10 and I can't level it up to 20 in time without any X-boosts.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
    9/29/2013 0:38:05   
    Megadragonknight

@Jop
    Oh, that's going to be a problem. With your fire CC, I am not sure how to help but at least just have fun in the fire tournament if you still want to join.
    Post #: 17
    9/29/2013 8:36:50   
    bei4

owh i join this one as OS fire master i need to defend my title .
    IGN : benjasaurus1
    burn you all xd.

but how does this exacly works this is the first time doing a forum tournament, like when and how does it start?

< Message edited by bei4 -- 9/29/2013 8:55:43 >

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
    9/29/2013 9:02:53   
    DarkLore

The darkness commands great fire beings! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    IGN: DarkLore
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
    9/29/2013 10:05:44   
    Char

@Bei: We will wait for a while until sign-ups are finished (Two weeks I think). Then a bracket will be generated by Beck and Balu (And any other AKs), and you will have to fight the person you got in your bracket Double Elimination Style (You have a five day restriction to finish all your battles, so work things out with your opponent). After that the people winning advance like in every other tournament until there is only one... :)

If you want to look at the complete rules and whatnot, just look at the First Post.

< Message edited by Char -- 9/29/2013 10:09:38 >
    Post #: 20
    9/29/2013 10:38:08   
    bei4

@char thanks i understand now
    AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    9/29/2013 11:22:31   
    Bionic Bear
    Helpful!

Does the fire character we use have to be level 20?
    Post #: 22
    9/29/2013 11:29:00   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

Bionic Bear:

quote:

• No level restrictions. Duelists can use any level character. (Disclaimer: Participating in the tournament could mean having to face a level 20 opponent, so be prepared!).

• Although it's not a requirement, it would be useful considering the mass amount of players that will be using Level 20 Fire characters.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
    9/29/2013 11:43:30   
    Bionic Bear
    Helpful!

Ah...good thing the only fire character I have (as of now) is a level 1 fire witch. I will be looking for more, though, and if I end up joining I'll probably be using a level 5 character.
    Even if I don't win, it will be lots of fun!
    Post #: 24
    9/29/2013 12:34:26   
      Kiyone

IGN: Kiyone
    This is going to be fun and It will give me reason to quote in game a certain fire ant. XD
    DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Third PvP Elemental Tournament - Sign up here!
    Page 1 of 41234>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition