Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AE= BATTLECON AE Q&A: We Need Questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =AE= BATTLECON AE Q&A: We Need Questions
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/29/2013 0:19:14   
Loremaster Maya

quote:

If you could ask any Artix Entertainment or EpicDuel team member anything, who would you ask, and what would your questions be? Post your questions in the below and we'll have the team answer many of them at AQ.com this October as we celebrate our 11th anniversary in an all-staff, all-player, in-game convention: BATTLECON!

Note sure what BattleCon is? Check out Artix's Design Notes about our 11th Anniversary celebration!

quote:

AdventureQuest Worlds (11th anniversary event announed!)

Every year we wish you with with us at this convention.... then... IT HIT US! How about we have an in-game convention! A week of special events where you can meet the staff, dress up, sketch along with live draws, go to video concerts with us and do a digital recreation of everything that happens at a real convention! Now... we just need a name for the convention! BattleCon? AECon? AdventureCon? What do you think?

http://www.artix.com/designNotes/post/24065/Video-Game-News-from-DragonCon

< Message edited by Loremaster Maya -- 9/29/2013 1:04:20 >
Post #: 1
9/29/2013 1:36:40   
  Exploding Penguin

How far did you originally intend for ED to go? Did you have a plan such as quitting ED and making a second game, or did you bet your entire career on ED?

Also, what programming experience did you have through your childhood that led you up to being a programming team staff member for ED?
Epic  Post #: 2
9/29/2013 3:44:55   
rene196

Do you have anything special planned for Epicduel, such as a new feature or something on the line of that in the near future after the war and balance updates?

Have ou worked on anytihng else besides Epicduel when you guys were older?
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/29/2013 5:49:45   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

1. Did you foresee what Epic Duel has become today, (in terms of features, possibilities etc) when you first started it?

2. How did you decide on a starting point for Epic Duel? (What did you want the battle system to be like etc)

3. If there was one thing you could change, permanently, what would that be?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/29/2013 10:51:42   
xyzman

For which audience (or age group) that ED is trying to cater ? Why do you choose that?
Some people claim that they are forced to play PvP because farming NPCs does not worth it. As a result they quickly find the game redundant. How do you think about this perspective?
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/29/2013 10:56:33   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

ome people claim that they are forced to play PvP because farming NPCs does not worth it. As a result they quickly find the game redundant.

To me it isn't worth it because I can progress towards the next rank (emperor for me) when doing real PvPs. But I'd have to say farming is more redundant than real PvPs, even though there are some abused builds.
Epic  Post #: 6
9/29/2013 18:54:05   
Stabilis

Me again. Just offering some advice:

quote:

If you could ask any Artix Entertainment or EpicDuel team member anything, who would you ask, and what would your questions be? Post your questions in the below and we'll have the team answer many of them at AQ.com this October

Do not bother asking sensitive questions. Sensitive questions are any questions that challenge the credibility or authority of AE. Remember, this Q&A is hosted on a special site from AQ, so these questions go through a screening process. A question like, "why does ___ say____ about_____?", is likely to be dismissed for the reputation of the company. Cheerios.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
9/29/2013 19:07:10   
lionblades

Do you already have a basic outline (lv cap raises, new content, balance etc.) already planned out or do you guys start planning new content sort of 'whenever sounds good' plan?
AQW  Post #: 8
9/29/2013 20:24:06   
Cyber Dream

1. What are your views on Epic Duel from Delta to Omega?

2. Have you noticed any declines?

3. If so, what are your plans to reverse it?

4. How often do you guys discuss/review player suggestions.

5. How would you react to an rival company urging to steal your players?

6. Do you have major discussions about balance?

7. Have you noticed that every Nerf you implemented, another powerful build was formed?
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
9/29/2013 21:45:47   
  Exploding Penguin

I don't want to point fingers but I feel these questions are insinuating some very critical ideas that shouldn't be blatantly stated.

As for another question, do you go in and out of the workplace on a whim, or do you have scheduled work hours?

Removed quote, no need to quote the post directly above you. ~Tanky

< Message edited by TankMage -- 9/29/2013 22:11:53 >
Epic  Post #: 10
9/29/2013 21:46:54   
Cyber Dream

1. Is it stressfull being a developer?

< Message edited by Cyber Dream -- 9/29/2013 21:53:52 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
9/30/2013 13:36:23   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

1. Do we get any sneak peeks for the next storyline after the Dread Plains war?
2. Since we have Moose Banes, does that confirm that there are moose on Delta V for the weapon to have been modeled after?
3. Can you either confirm or deny the existence of either the mighty Moose Hazard or Sasquatch Hazard?
4. Will the Moose Banes possibly return next year for Canada Day as seasonal rare items(assuming prize codes aren't removed from suspension before then)?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
9/30/2013 14:51:39   
Wootz

Just one: what are the future plans.
Okay, I got two: are any of players ideas getting implemented or consider? (and the process of elimaniting/using them)
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
9/30/2013 15:14:00   
Rayman
Banned

1. Will more of the suggestion of cores we have on the forums get implemented?
2. When do you think we can get new types of missions, such as a mission where you need to Deal a 70+ DMG Crit?
3. When can we expect to get the West Naval Yard expansion? with a new Big Tuna 2v1 boss Npc?
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
10/1/2013 17:04:50   
Cyber Dream

I would ask this to the artist.

Since it's hard creating an item without using something you've seen before. Who are all the npcs based off?
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
10/2/2013 2:33:09   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above that's where concept art and research comes in, all part of the concept/design process, the designs are from mix sources of real-life objects like the gas mask of admin 10, some can be original like charfade's NPC or nightwraith's for example. usually the designs are just rough sketches refined into an item or character (etc azrael's bane as seen from the video).

question: which method is most helpful for the artists of AE to come up with a new designs, the silhouette drawing method or the sketching method?

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
10/2/2013 6:32:09   
Cyber Dream

I would ask this to the lead developers

What influenced the creation of Epic Duel?
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
10/11/2013 14:13:02   
MirageD

my questions would be:

How much of ED monetary contributions from players are actually applied to Epic Duel?

How much support (monetary and developers) are supplied to Epic Duel from Artix Entertainment?

When i support AQW are any of my monies applied to ED? (just wondering on this one....cause i'm not planning on supporting AQW if ED isn't receiving some of my funds.....)

< Message edited by MirageD -- 10/11/2013 14:14:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/11/2013 15:20:49   
Scyze

What makes you guys come into the same room every morning and develop EpicDuel further into a better game? Do you simply want us as players to have a good day playing games or is it something else?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
10/11/2013 17:01:34   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

How do you pick the player suggested ideas you want to implement someday?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
10/11/2013 18:50:06   
Drianx

1. Is Epicduel now better or worse than you thought it would be at this very moment?
2. If there was one thing you would have changed in the past, what is it, and when had you changed it?
3. What are your expectations in terms of playerbase for the next year?
4. What was the biggest mistake you believe you have made in Epicduel development or management?
5. What is the expected average character activeness (time between someone creates a lv1 account, until he leaves the game) in Epicduel now, considering the character was created in Omega?
6. What is the ideal average character activeness in a game like Epicduel?
7. What do you dislike most about Epicduel community?
8. If you were to hire another AE staff member to work as full time ED team member, who is he/she?
9. How many members should the ideal ED development staff consist in?
10. Do you think that reconsidering policies in order to make players happy is good or bad?
11. If you could bring a gameplay feature to Epicduel just by saying HOCUS POCUS, what would that be?
12. If you should pick the hardest question to answer from above, what would that be?

< Message edited by Drianx -- 10/11/2013 19:00:55 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
10/12/2013 15:49:22   
Rayman
Banned

What Happened to the old beta EpicDuel ScreenShots?, They got replaced by the omega ones but where did they go?
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =AE= BATTLECON AE Q&A: We Need Questions
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition