Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

next patch note hopefully

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> next patch note hopefully
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/29/2013 17:34:07   
ED Divine Darkness

ok, so as we all know tlm has not many offensive capabilities. y not add maul back into it, with maybe tecnitian? that might help. this is needed so that tlm doesnt just tank all day long and bow down to rage if their energy is stolen.

merc and bloodmage need a little change

as we all know, static smash is a little, just a little too strong. nerf it to 60% but maybe give it an extra % bonus to hit? this will stop merc from pwning by spamming a spell cos they just stole energy. it will also make static smash more reliable because of a less chance to be blocked.

and bm has a little too strong synergy. we need to change it because right now bm can shutdown other str builds that woulda won wthout intimidate, while being able to do high damage with deadly aim and bludgeon while getting loadsa hp back. not to metion their quick rage vs tanks because of high defences(they still do a crap ton). maybe change bludgeon to a less synergising skill? make it an energy drainer? like an atom smah but for bm? a blue bludgeon only targeting energy, with a slightly higher % that atom smash, a lower cost, but a 3 turn cooldown.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/29/2013 17:48:13   
Ranloth
Banned

I'm for Maul back, but not Technician. Instead, revamp the awful BloodShield to be more effective - whether it's lower HP cost and same Res, or same HP cost and more Res.

No comment on the Static Smash - split opinions.

And just let BMs be. Next patch notes regarding balance will be passives to actives change. The synergy they have will be broken since BL and DA will not be passives, so Str won't give you that much of an advantage.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
9/29/2013 17:53:13   
ED Divine Darkness

maybe make it cost energy, and non-azraelable? (to make up for its weakness)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/29/2013 17:56:16   
Ranloth
Banned

Costing Energy - wouldn't that be just a normal Shield and defeat the purpose of BloodShield? XD Just make it more effective and keep it unique (costing HP).
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
9/29/2013 18:01:26   
ED Divine Darkness

:P ur right. but who wants to spend so much hp on a stupid shield? maybe make it 5 hp at all levels. not increasing amounts of hp.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/29/2013 18:03:16   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

I'm all for a TLM buff. Though static and BMs are fine to me.
Post #: 6
9/29/2013 18:03:42   
Ranloth
Banned

That's why I've suggested raising it's efficiency - by either keeping Res the same but lowering the HP cost (by half?), or keeping the HP cost but raising the Res (double of what it is) For both, ratio of HP:Res is the same.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
9/29/2013 18:06:58   
ED Divine Darkness

ur right. or maybe give yourself a shield which shields you for x amount of hp. after 3 turns this shield goes. .it might cost energy? it would make sense cos it defends ur blood if u know wat i mean. so 20 energy at max and defends 40 hp. (this shield would come as a grey prt of ur hp bar)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
9/29/2013 18:09:06   
Ranloth
Banned

Oh god yes. That's actually quite a good idea. It could be capped per turn too (such as up to 15 damage reduced) so it won't run out on the first turn. Regardless, yes. That's quite a good idea and goes great with Reroute.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
9/29/2013 18:12:41   
ED Divine Darkness

^_^

i think its a good idea aswell. but it could potential lead to invinciblity in juggernaut mode, and destroying other tanks. maybe give the person attacking the shield a small % extra rage? like 5%?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
9/29/2013 18:15:38   
Ranloth
Banned

I don't think it would actually. If it was to cover for 40 damage, it'd be like a Shield that gives +17 Resistance for 3 turns. Both shield you from equal amount of damage. Although, if it was to take away the damage (not shield), it'd probably not give additional rage, so I'd perhaps think of different ratio of EP:HP, such as 1:1.5 - so, for every 1 EP, you get 1.5 HP -> 20 EP would be 30 HP.

Weaker than normal Shield but doesn't give the opponent crazy rage. :D
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
9/29/2013 18:18:59   
ED Divine Darkness

:P
we have thought up an amazing idea.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
9/29/2013 21:59:20   
  Exploding Penguin

BM is fine, I'm a BM myself using a focus build with a semi-weak plasma cannon skill tree (plasma cannon does the same amount of damage on average as deadly aim gun or normal aux) and I personally don't have too much trouble with strength BM.

What I'm thinking for a TLM buff is:
-Bring maul back because why not, there should be a low energy costing stun.
-Make blood shield immune to azrael's torment and heart attack
-Change blood shield skill point investment increase so base values are lower, skill points 1-5 give +3 more resistance each skill point, 6-8 give +2, and 9-10 give +1. This will overall slightly buff the total resistance from blood shield (and increase HP cost too) by around 3-4 resistance.
-And/or make blood shield grant a lifesteal effect
-And/or improve effectiveness of reroute by an additional set percentage when blood shield is active (level 1 blood shield adds 3% to reroute, 2 adds another 2%, 3 adds 2%, 4 adds 2%, maintains +2% until 7 skill points, then drops to +1%).
Epic  Post #: 13
9/29/2013 22:57:29   
Mother1

Exploding penguin

quote:

-Bring maul back because why not, there should be a low energy costing stun.

Would be nice if the staff actually decided to undo a balance change they made. Sorry to say this but I have never seen them do an update where they fully undo a change made.

quote:

Make blood shield immune to azrael's torment and heart attack

Sorry but will never agree with removing a counter to any kind of buff or debuff. It already last longer than any debuff and buff to compensate for this.

quote:

-Change blood shield skill point investment increase so base values are lower, skill points 1-5 give +3 more resistance each skill point, 6-8 give +2, and 9-10 give +1. This will overall slightly buff the total resistance from blood shield (and increase HP cost too) by around 3-4 resistance.

Interesting idea.

quote:

-And/or make blood shield grant a lifesteal effect

TLM already has a move that grant them health gain. Having this plus an added effect that give all their attacks health gain for 5 turns altogether? This could overpower strength TLM or high damage out put builds.

quote:

-And/or improve effectiveness of reroute by an additional set percentage when blood shield is active (level 1 blood shield adds 3% to reroute, 2 adds another 2%, 3 adds 2%, 4 adds 2%, maintains +2% until 7 skill points, then drops to +1%).

Would this stack with reflex boost if given to a person using this (Since Reflex boost has a mini reroute feature) as well as TM reroute?
Epic  Post #: 14
9/29/2013 23:13:22   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

TLM already has a move that grant them health gain. Having this plus an added effect that give all their attacks health gain for 5 turns altogether? This could overpower strength TLM or high damage out put builds.

TLM is a naturally tanky class with low offensive capabilities, so this is more of an interesting turn to keep the compliment the tankiness and provide some very interesting heal looping strategies.

quote:

Would this stack with reflex boost if given to a person using this (Since Reflex boost has a mini reroute feature) as well as TM reroute?

Whichever one is overridden (if reflex overrides reroute, then it will stack with reroute, and vice versa. If reroute and reflex stack, then yes, it will stack with both).
Epic  Post #: 15
9/30/2013 5:32:35   
Ranloth
Banned

Can we stop with "Staff doesn't undo a balance change they make"? The reason why they don't do it is because it's not justified well enough and biased opinions aren't enough to convince them. SC was nerfed, then nerfed and buffed again. Bolt was buffed (lower EP), buffed (higher damage) and then nerfed. Fireball was the same as Bolt.

If you're talking about removal of skills, no. Often this will not be done because (biased) opinions aren't enough to change the skill-tree again, which affects everyone - not just a few builds. CHs wanted better Energy resistance over a mere Shield/Technician, they received PA and then some players started hating it. TLM change was made during Delta, when Str abusers were roaming around and TLMs had it best - MA, pre-nerf Frenzy, Double Strike, Reroute to loop, high HP (with old scaling) and Maul to ignore defence + occasionally stun.
We're in Omega now. Passives change will be done at some point. Then we can look at re-arranging skills, because skill trees and balance may end up getting shifted upside down again.
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
9/30/2013 10:31:46   
Mother1

@ Trans

there is a difference between changing and undoing.

When I say undo something I meant change it back to the way it was previously. Last I checked that has never be done with the temporary exception of the legion exile filter being removed. If the static change was undone they they would have put it back to working with raw damage not buffed it while working with actual damage (Note I don't support them changing static like that but am just using it as an example.

For plasma bolt if that was undone it would have went back to needing 4 tech to gain 1 damage instead of the 3.5 tech it needs now. That is what I mean when I say undo. What the staff did was changed how they worked.
Epic  Post #: 17
10/1/2013 16:02:13   
ED Divine Darkness

@mother1 ur sorta right.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> next patch note hopefully
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition