Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Nerf Merc!!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Nerf Merc!!!!
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/7/2013 8:04:51   
Stabilis

Thank you for rewording what I said.

Honestly.

Someone might think you were saying that to me (because I have not made any claims).
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
10/7/2013 11:36:41   
Melbourne

I leave when merc is embarrassingly horrid, I return and it is the chosen class to be nerfed?

Realistically, the only thing they can do is Bunker, Atom smash or whatever, and bunker again. If you survive that it's relatively easy to put 'em down.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
10/7/2013 15:28:23   
Sensei Chan

Let me ask you this
Was it strong before Static Smash was there?
No, Static Smash is what needs nerfing IMO
Epic  Post #: 28
10/7/2013 15:36:38   
Bionic Bear
Helpful!

quote:

Was it strong before Static Smash was there?

Indeed it was, strength mercs used to be among the top tier of players. Those got nerfed and thus the only viable solution, that I can think of at least, was to revert to the current trend now, Bunker/Static. True, they may be too strong for your current build, but they do not need a nerf. If they Bunker/Static WAS nerfed, what would mercs do then? Static smash/bunker HAS to stay strong in order for mercs to remain a force to be reckoned with.
Post #: 29
10/7/2013 15:40:19   
Ranloth
Banned

I'll paraphrase it. Static Smash needs altering, not a full on nerf. Was the EP drained by Atom Smasher high? No. It's about the return. From 75% return -> 50% return would be ideal.

Assuming typical Focus 5 build, they will have 10-12 +35 = 45-47 damage. Looking at the %'s from the Static Smash entry, Level 1 will drain 20 EP + return 15 EP, Level 5 will drain 27 EP + return 21 EP, and Level 10 will drain 33 EP + return 25 EP*. This is merely with 45 Strength which is just enough for Focus 5 or you can have lower Strength and use stats to boost it up higher. The numbers will be smaller at lower level but so will the stats and skill level, which still balances it out for players at lower level as well - where it can be a threat if used wisely.

Regardless, if you're going for tanking then you will have roughly Level 5 Heal, maxed HA, Lvl 4-5 Bunker and rest of the skill points are free (at Level 36), which leaves you with 18-19 skills points to put elsewhere. Easily possible to max out Static Smash and put rest in Adrenaline or whatever you want. Yes, lower Str = lower drain but it has return on top of it and there's plenty of strategy you can use to prolong the battle and use Smash again.

Counters: blocks, depleting Energy quickly, using EP drain skill/core, Concussion Shot

Bumping it down to 50% return would still leave the skill's power the same - when it comes to draining - but the return would be lower. With an appropriate build and trained Static Smash, you should still be able to drain a significant amount of Energy and get a respectable amount back to aid you. Alternatively, you can train your Energy too or manage it better in battle (i.e. Generator, low level skills for cheaper cost, etc.). Furthermore, since the change, it's lost its EP cost required to use and received the EP return on top of it, which has caused some builds to be indirectly buffed and claimed to be overpowered. In the end, it's the synergy which has caused it and one skill is to blame - Static Smash.

Tl;dr: bump down the return to 50% Energy.

* Static Smash uses the minimum damage, always. The numbers round up too, always.

< Message edited by Trans -- 10/7/2013 15:43:50 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
10/7/2013 15:55:16   
ValkyrieKnight

I'm all for reducing the energy return on Static Smash. I admitly being closed mind do not care what counter arguements people have for Merc, all they ever do is hax Tech for bunker cannon then Static after, on occassion they'll use level 1 surgical strike. I have seen strength mercs but you know what? They're the easiest to beat. Balance is severely lacking in the skills.

I've said it when I first started this game, I'm saying it now, technology has too much priority in this game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
10/7/2013 23:24:21   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Indeed it was, strength mercs used to be among the top tier of players. Those got nerfed and thus the only viable solution, that I can think of at least, was to revert to the current trend now, Bunker/Static. True, they may be too strong for your current build, but they do not need a nerf. If they Bunker/Static WAS nerfed, what would mercs do then? Static smash/bunker HAS to stay strong in order for mercs to remain a force to be reckoned with.

Many high-tier characters want a strong balance between fast and high ratio wins. Strength merc was all about being fast and a single block doomed you, so I really found only 1 or 2 nameless so-called "high tier" players using strength merc in delta and in non-early Omega.

As for actual balance, merc is still going to take an unstoppable beating from smokescreen and malfunction. Not to mention Omega Override typically stacks with this to more than halve the merc's tech, if the opponent has Omega gear. As a previous merc player right when the static smash update came, I can say that the build is extremely limiting to how your opponent spends their energy. It's kind of like a reroute variant or inverse, where you really don't get total control like you do with static charge.
Epic  Post #: 32
10/8/2013 6:27:53   
Cyber Dream

If Static gets nerfed then some type of defensive skill should be added into to merc, weather if it's a new skill or a revamped skill.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
10/8/2013 15:55:08   
toopygoo

another change i think static smash could endure is to start way lower but progerss faster. people with level 1 should do about half of what they do now, but high levels should stay here they are IMO

the highest ive seen added to ones pool is 27, which was a strength build with blood commander. average builds drain about 30-35, and add around 25 to their pool. enough for a level 5 bunker or a level 4 heal, which tbh is very rarely a game changer (speaking from experience)

if its nerfed too much, then Mercs wil have too difficult of a time fighting NPC's as there is not other way for them to heal.
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
10/8/2013 16:02:05   
Warmaker04

Just because you lost a battle, doesnt mean you have to post that it is super strong. Its not... Every class has a builds, skill tree and others. However what about BM? They still have 25% critical plasma cannon but no complaints yet. Seriously, there are too many builds , and you can ignore the bunker easily..
All i saw from this post u made was * how you lost a battle from a merc with bunker * While u can create a lot of builds, or fix yours, and others. Sorry but what it is true, its true. I saw really a lot of people doing that what i said above ^

< Message edited by Warmaker04 -- 10/8/2013 16:04:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
10/8/2013 17:33:03   
Cyber Dream

A simple solution to all of "your" problems would be to make all the skill tiers available at one time. Lets say you have a tier 10 plasma bolt which cost 60 mana. but somehow you have 59 mana while a tier 9 plasma bolt also cost 59 mana. You can now use a tier 9 plasma bolt. Considering an emp type skill is available to everyone in the game, this will be a benefit to everyone.
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
10/8/2013 17:34:55   
Ranloth
Banned

It's not a solution if it skews balance on a large scale. People use EP-draining skills to prevent the use of a skill, not get hit by it for lower damage which may still end up killing you. In other words, offense would get a boost and defense would get a nerf.
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
10/8/2013 17:41:02   
Cyber Dream

quote:

People use EP-draining skills to prevent the use of a skill, not get hit by it for lower damage which may still end up killing you.

@Trans Ok correct me if im wrong. Can't the new blocking system be compared to this? You can still get attack by a regular strike which has scaled damage and it can also be blocked which can lower the damage down to 3.

Like I said,I maybe wrong. so don't bash me if I am

< Message edited by Cyber Dream -- 10/8/2013 19:19:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Nerf Merc!!!!
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition