Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Suggested items work?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Suggested items work?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/7/2013 9:19:17   
Oswald Cobblepot

The EpicDuel designers really take the ideas of suggested items?
I looked at some design and they are really good but I never saw them in the game.
There is a department to pick up some drawings and turns them to put them in the game?

Sorry for the mistakes in English, I guess I can not speak Portuguese in the forums.

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 10/7/2013 19:15:52 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/7/2013 9:26:43   
Ranloth
Banned

Yes, they do look at this Forum. The problem was - they've had bigger projects taking priority, hence why they didn't focus as much on Player Suggestions. But, there's some good news! Last month, NW has announced that Rev (from OS) + Disturbed + himself, will be looking at Player Suggestions (weapons) and re-creating them so they can put them in-game!

You can see the tweet here. ^^
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
10/8/2013 13:45:25   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

To answer your questions Oswald, EpicDuel tries its hardest to introduce weapons and items that are from suggestions... However, the fact is that the ED Team only has a limited number of artists, NightWraith being the lead artist and Charfade, who is currently off on maternity leave. This means that with the amount of other releases and content needing to be created, there is not a lot of time to work on suggestions very regularly. There are also part-time volunteer artists such as Disturbed who help when they can to provide weapons!

In the past, a huge amount of suggested items have been introduced into the game, view this topic just to see them all: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21139818

As for new ones, Trans covered that, the artists are currently working on some of the suggestions with the help an artist from another AE game. There is no particular department for suggestions to be made into in-game art, so the artists have to do it when they can.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/8/2013 16:26:59   
Cyber Dream

So why not have a call for new artists that can really help and put it as much work as the current artists.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/8/2013 16:33:34   
Ranloth
Banned

1) You need to find someone who's willing to work on contract for free (voluntary work).
2) Buying the software so it's legal, not a pirated version + training them.
3) Training to fit the ED style.
4) Spare time to train the new Artist, without affecting the game.
5) Trustworthy person to not turn their back on the company, especially when they'll have behind-the-scenes information that's not to be shared with the public.
6) Adjusting the budget for the financial year to have spares which can be used to buy, train, etc. Also, budgets are set for - usually - a financial year so whatever is left spare is either re-used or the budget is lowered for the next year.

Easier said than done.
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
10/8/2013 16:39:05   
Cyber Dream

You right, it is easier said than done. But there are alot of people in the ed community who are dedicated to this game and could qualify for this. Is there really is a need for new artists, i suggest the lead team take drastic measures to find some. Even if it means having them come in for an interview.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/11/2013 2:40:34   
Jaseidon

I think you've lost this argument Cyber, he clearly showed us 5 reasons why it would be hard to do
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/11/2013 12:45:14   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

Locking this up. Please don't necro-bump dead topics that haven't been posted for more than two weeks.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Suggested items work?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition