Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Rage Revamp

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Rage Revamp
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/9/2013 11:37:23   
King FrostLich

Instead of gaining rage fast when continuously hitting your opponent, the rage bar should PRIMARILY gain faster by defending attacks than when attacking. Why? Blocked/Deflected attacks easily fill the rage meter fast and for offensive builds, they abuse it as a fast source of damage. For this case, the new rage meter formula should be like this:

When defending attacks, you gain 70% - 75% of the damage dealt as rage points(this is fixed, support must NEVER affect this). When attacking players, the damage you deal to them increases your rage bar by only 33% of the hit(support should determine how much % you gain or lose if at a support disadvantage). From this point, strength users and tanks will slowly gain rage while glass cannons however gain the small boost since they have weak defenses. Also, as ignoring defenses sounds a bit of fixed, rage should increase 15% - 22% of your total damage. However, this will NOT stack mana costing power moves such as bludgeon, berzerker and double strike, leaving cheap shot, frenzy, static charge and assimilation as the only melee mana costing skills that can be raged as they do not increase the power of your primary. Since this could make rage gain quite slow as it's primarily based on defending, the amount of the rage formula should slightly be lowered.

quote:

Old Rage Bar Computation:

[[[40 (2.5 * Your level)]]]

At level 36, you have about 130 rage points

quote:

New Rage Bar Computation:

[[[33(2.1 * Your level)]]]

At level 36, you have about 109 rage points

Why the change in the rage bar computation? Since rage is now based on defending attacks than offensive attacks, it is literally now based on your total health should you have a large amount of hp, there is a chance you can get rage more than your opponent can get before dying. As for support, I believe it should affect the amount of % you gain to give the stat a small perk in battles. Before I'll mention about the good and bad sides, here's a quote to my previous post regarding rage as it is from this points of time.

quote:

Another common misconception of having more support means you will always get faster rage..... WRONG. If you get blocked or deflected depending on how much raw damage you were suppose to deal, the damage negated(add 10% of the negated damaged) is transferred to your rage meter so blocking a bludgeon from a level 35 strength BM with max bludgeon literally fills up more than one half of their rage bar. (The rage bar for a level 35 is 128 points)Support only helps gain rage faster when you are DEFENDING, when on the offensive it will ONLY depend on how much damage you deal so if you keep hitting low damage to your opponents, you get rage quickly and is more devastating when you have alot of strength. Here is perfect example:

Str BM:

Primary: 17 - 21 + 36
Bludgeon MAX(+18 raw damage to primary upon usage)
RNG: 72
Rage Meter: 0/128

You:

Dexterity 31-38 defense
RNG: 33

Let's say you blocked the attack, since block doesn't ignore all damage anymore, the strength BM only dealt 6 damage(15% of the damage) on you therefore the rage meter calculation for the strength BM is:

Damage Negated: 66 [(72 -6)]
Rage Meter Calculation (66 * 1.10) = 73/128[rounded off]

Let me repeat, SUPPORT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STRENGTH BLOOD MAGE's RAGE METER increasing that huge, its the raw damage itself BECAUSE HE WAS ON THE OFFENSIVE and NOT DEFENDING AN ATTACK. As the defender, if you have the higher support advantage, you gain 29% maximum of the damage dealt by your opponents. If lower, you only gain 21% rage from the damage vice versa from your opponents.

The final paragraph is what most people really tend to ignore or often misinterpret rage as merely based on support to get it faster. Right now, any strength user that has pure raw damage gets rage fast because their damage can outmatch the support you have to get rage thanks to their large damage, in short bigger numbers than the percentage that support gives should you ever have higher support than the strength user itself. Now for pros and cons explained with their own bad and good sides respectively.

Pros:

Battles last longer, players getting damaged more often get the rage faster than their opponents. (It's more appropriate in real-world scenarios were you get angrier whenever people hit you for no reason than when people keep hitting you and get angry at you afterwards)

Prevents pure offense maneuvers to quickly kill you. This is notorious in 2v2 when one side simply attacks one player then within 3-4 turns of continuous attacking, both can have rage quickly especially in a juggernaut match.

Strength builds are toned down. Just like what I quoted above, it is possible for strength builds to get rage within 2 turns. They usually get rage within 4-5 turns without blocks or deflects but the revamped rage meter should take them an average of 6-8 turns. The downside is since they have a high damage output and rage increasing damage instead of basing it on enemy defenses, rage can be somewhat overpowered for offensive builds but only when they get hit hard too quick.

Cons:

Tank builds get slower rage since they deal low damage(unless they have a power skill to compensate it) and negate damage from any other build, they can survive hits long for an opponent can use rage on them however, they also gain rage slower as they negate damage more than any other build can. This varies however in a juggernaut match as 2 players will continuously keep hitting you, giving you faster rage.

Somehow favors glass cannons. Since they are soft and easily get damaged, they get rage faster. But because of the revamped formula and their soft defenses, they need at least 4 - 5 turns(more testing required) and usually get killed within 3 turns if they do not heal against focus or strength builds.

I can enumerate more but that would be too much of a spoiler and overflow of information. Feel free to criticize/leave comments for it.

Edited: Increased the rage % gained when defending and decreased it when attacking.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 10/9/2013 22:40:41 >
Epic  Post #: 1
10/9/2013 17:57:55   
toopygoo

THIS! I approve this. i like this. i promote this :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
10/9/2013 18:57:18   
ED Divine Darkness

genius.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Rage Revamp
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition