Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: ED in its current state

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: ED in its current state
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/27/2013 15:11:01   
Seteriel

quote:

Sure, Blood mage is very dominant right now -- Eventually, we're going to have a new build that will take over, and the cycle will go on --

*quote shortened*
Couldn't agree more. I'm playing since early beta and have seen many "uber builds" rise, get overused, get abandonded. Because of nerf or because someone found a new build that works equally good/better.
One of these 2 events will also happen to the BM class, as very often players try to find a way to beat the "ubers" instead of joining them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
10/27/2013 18:41:50   
wireclub1990
Banned

quote:

Most of my friends online now are Non-variums (since all my beta friends quit), and they seem very happy with Omega. Maybe you just don't remember Delta clearly?

The games always been broken beyond the point of sanity I've made that clear time and time again in various posts/threads . I'm under no delusions that it suddenly occurred . Was delta better then omega yes their were more options maybe not for all but at least for some . Now their are none for no one well I am sure you know all the problems . Most important one no one is playing the game . Yes yes their were never many players we all know that but delta to omega has seen a massive reduction .

enough said I am not going over all the stuff that has been said a thousand times over by many .

Long story short my feeling I started in beta and so far this is the worst phase in epic duel history by far. And those that are left in game appear to share the same view.
Post #: 52
10/27/2013 18:42:59   
GearzHeadz

Is it really even worth going over this guys? There isn't anything we can do about it, and its going to change whenever they decide to get around to that passives to actives updates they told us they'd do. Besides, this is stuff we've already discussed before. (Some info on that passives to actives would be great, for any Devs out there)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 53
10/27/2013 18:52:28   
Mother1

@ Gearheadz

That would be nice, because all we can do is guess. But to be honest with the track record we seen so far and if it goes the way I think it will go (which I hope it seriously won't) Any class that doesn't need passives to fight well will be unaffected, while those who need them will be nerfed.

Also even if this came out to be 100% perfect it doesn't solve the rest of the problems in the game.

We still have a low population of players which is getting smaller which results in unfair match ups in battle, we still have a few promo's wreaking havoc on the game, even with new cores, there is still little to no variety in the game, and even with events happening their still is real improvement to the storyline.

Stats aren't balanced, players we shouldn't be seeing in battle end up as our partners and while sometimes you can win with them, most of the time unless luck, or build advantage is on your side you are screwed.

The game needs a Jenny Jones make over (In other words a complete over haul) if there is any hope for it. What keeps me are the cheevos that come with events and ranking status. However for someone else it is a fun game to play which for most sadly it isn't.
Epic  Post #: 54
10/28/2013 0:45:56   
charwelly

Wireclub how long have you played this game? Beta, Gamma, delta or just started recently in omega?
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
10/28/2013 19:12:16   
wireclub1990
Banned

Early beta I started.
Post #: 56
10/28/2013 19:34:13   
Mother1

@ Nico0las

I think he keep on saying this so the staff will eventually see these posts in the hopes they will do something to save the game. While there are somethings I disagree with him with, I do agree that activity and numbers in the game have nosedived since omega started.
Epic  Post #: 57
10/28/2013 22:00:11   
GearzHeadz

One thing you have to get used to the fact that you're gonna get screwed over constantly.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
10/28/2013 23:38:11   
wireclub1990
Banned

^ never a truer word spoken except people aren't getting used to it they are just leaving . you would not believe the wait times for fights have drastically gone up at the lower levels guess new players have stopped coming . most fights their are now unfair beyond belief level wise. This game is in serious trouble I now know that absolutely after playing a low level a good few days . The problems aren't just scaring off the higher level players and screwing them , They are also screwing and scaring off the lower level players . Meaning 2 things

!) the player base already here is getting sick and tired of all the bs they have endured from when they joined the game be that beta or whenever its always been here and leaving

2) the people joining the game are saying lol why should I put up with this on a game with not much content and not much options and leaving before they've spent dime .

This game will either fix things or I have 5 words.

Rest in peace epic duel.

Truth is the games already dead imminent closure is on its way. The guys in charge already know it died in omega they just haven't accepted it yet . Mark my words though its coming some may say they disagree. I have one thing to say to those some ill be there to say I told you so .

< Message edited by wireclub1990 -- 10/28/2013 23:42:58 >
Post #: 59
10/29/2013 0:07:25   
GearzHeadz

I hope this game doesn't die... It has too much potential that the guys in charge aren't using.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 60
10/29/2013 0:35:25   
ReinVI

I wouldn't mind if they ( if it had to happen ) shut down the game for a few weeks ( maybe months? ) to sort of go back to the drawing board and rebuild the game balance wise. A few weeks of pute balance / game mechanic changes and zilch in the content department would be a welcome change to me I personally hate seeing consistently more content that players struggle to afford (cause items are cool looking ) since balance is so bad right now!
Epic  Post #: 61
10/29/2013 1:00:52   
GearzHeadz

I know. I'm glad they are trying to be creative and fun but guys... Can't it wait? You DID say there would be balance changes, and instead, you focus on things like flying shoes. I mean, c'mon.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 62
10/29/2013 1:10:51   
charwelly

Ok wire so you're saying that this game hasn't been fun at all or hasn't done a single thing right, yet you have been playing since beta which was probably the best phase ever.
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
10/29/2013 1:27:22   
Mother1

@ Gearheadz

While I agree with you on that one, there are always two sides to everything.

Some people wanted balance changes while others complained about content and no progession to the story line.

It is just like with the battle system

Some want fair fights at the expense of wait times, while others want to play right away at the expense of fairness.

While it would be nice for them to do both, they are only a staff of 5 (3 since Charfade and Cindy aren't working at the moment) So in all honestly they are also understaffed. Would help if they did have extra staff to help pick up the slack as well.
Epic  Post #: 64
10/29/2013 7:15:09   
Pemberton

How to fix epicduel:
1) Give some varium advantage
2) Limit class change
3) Faster balance adjustments (bm has been OP for a year now)
4) Freebies
5) NEW content
Post #: 65
10/29/2013 8:22:01   
Ranloth
Banned

1) No. Varium was changed for that reason.
2) That's why there's Varium cost and now 50K Credits.. It was 1,500 Varium before and no Credit option, but players said it was too much. Who's to blame now?
3) Subjective.
4) Prize codes.
5) It's called weekly releases. Players have said the past two releases (EbilCorp) were good, and rewards were good too. Before, it was Mission System overhaul which has given incentive to play for many players. They know about that, but they are missing two Team members right now thus bigger workload (Char is on a maternity leave, Cinderella is doing her PhD).
AQ Epic  Post #: 66
10/29/2013 13:47:20   
wireclub1990
Banned

I agree with point one it wasn't changed right but it was a improvement the rest I disagree with .

this I most disagree with

quote:

5) It's called weekly releases. Players have said the past two releases (EbilCorp) were good, and rewards were good too. Before, it was Mission System overhaul which has given incentive to play for many players. They know about that, but they are missing two Team members right now thus bigger workload (Char is on a maternity leave, Cinderella is doing her PhD).

The content that comes out generally is poor at best mostly new weps and all pvp based (mostly) which would be fine on a atleast partially balanced game but its never been anything close to balanced so the content has been severely lacking . If they don't want to fix the completely broken pvp mechanics they need to make a large pve option in order to survive .
Post #: 67
10/29/2013 17:26:32   
Predator9657

quote:

3) Faster balance adjustments (bm has been OP for a year now)

Overused =/= OP.
Epic  Post #: 68
10/29/2013 17:31:59   
danirasab
Banned

@Trans

1) thats why so many people left the game in the first place
2) totally irrlevant
4) ehhh even aqw gave oracle class, oracle headgeard, oracle armor, oracle wings to every1 for free. ed system is of prize cod eis much worser then aqw as they give it to every for free
5) char had a baby? congrats to her or who ever.
Epic  Post #: 69
10/29/2013 18:56:55   
GearzHeadz

@Mother1, yeah I want story progression as well, but this isn't really story progression.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 70
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: ED in its current state
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition