Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= October 11, 2013 - Ebil Returns

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= October 11, 2013 - Ebil Returns
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/11/2013 16:24:26   
Rayman
Banned

quote:

October 11, 2013
Ebil Returns

*There will be no release today as we prepare for a MEGA RELEASE next week. Thank you for your patience!

It's been nearly a year since Chairman Platinum last showed his face on Delta V -- the populace quickly gave him a proper EpicDuel beat-down and put an end to his plans for a hostile takeover. If there's one thing the Chairman is good at (aside from robbing grannies and punting kittens) it's holding a grudge. After a year of planning and healing, he's ready to end the fued -- along with all the inhabitants of Delta V.
Rather than bringing an army, the Chairman is taking a more subtle approach -- forcibly extracting all the Varium from Delta V to cause the entire planet to collapse! The Ebilcorp extraction device is protected by a nearly impervious shield and in order to breach it, you'll need to face the Chairman himself!
This time, there will be no deals, no negotiations. The Chairman wants to annihilate those who wronged him and make a tidy profit while doing it. If only there were someone who could help us stop him!

Enter Musk

To defeat this otherworldy threat, Delta V will need an otherworldy benefactor in the form of Elon Musk, engineering mastermind and visionary businessman (basically the closest the real-world has to Tony Stark). While testing his new Ultraloop interstellar transportation device on a routine visit to a Martian colony, Musk overshot his target and landed on Delta V.
Although his ship was not damaged, he'll need some time to adjust his calculations. Since he's always up for a challenge calling for ingenuity, he's prepared to offer the citizens of Delta V his expertise in expelling the Ebilcorp threat and reversing Platinum's damage, offering Delta V a means of generating efficient renewable energy in the process!
This task will not be easy, however, as Musk is lightyears away from his fabrication workshop. You'll need to scour Delta V to find the parts necessary to allow this benevolent genius to invent a permanent solution to your Platinum problem.

Coming Soon

New Missions
As stated above, Musk will need your help securing various items from across Delta V to devise a means for you to defeat Platinum. Also, he's not letting you go it alone -- complete his mission chain and he'll join you in a battle of the business titans as you take on Platinum in an epic 2v1 duel!

New Achievement
Complete the mission chain by defeating Chairman Platinum and you'll receive a new achievement!

New Cores
Chairman's Ebilcorp extractor is bad news, but Musk has plans to reengineer it to be a source of limitless energy! As an added bonus, the power plant will be able to produce advanced cores capable to augmenting basic stats!

New Armor
Musk sees you admiring his armor -- don't worry, he brought extras! Power up with the Musk Husk and send Chairman Platinum packing!

More!
Since next week will be a MEGA release, there are bound to be aspects that we forget to mention here. Stay tuned on Twitter and the Design Notes for the latest and greatest updates!

Tags: Titan EbilCorp Elon Musk Tesla Space Travel Solar Power Energy Pollution Clear Green Chairman Platinum Armor NPC Missions Achievements War

Done with the format, update looks good!.

Tagged, no tag-backs! ~Lectrix

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 10/11/2013 18:11:31 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/11/2013 16:41:20   
wireclub1990
Banned

Hm updates that have much happening are becoming less and less frequent more importantly I wish you'd fix the laundry list of problems with what is already in game before you bring in new content otherwise it takes the shine off the new content . Bit of constructive criticism their.
Post #: 2
10/11/2013 16:53:48   
martinsen5

No release this week, not surprised in the least. REALLY hope I can get the chairman's fury core next week, I've always regretted not buying it last year :(
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/11/2013 16:58:00   
Rayman
Banned

^
That core and armor won't be coming back, they are Rare.
We are getting a new Core and a new armor, so that's something.

quote:

As an added bonus, the power plant will be able to produce advanced cores capable to augmenting basic stats!

I want to know how is this is going to work right now x_x

quote:

Since next week will be a MEGA release, there are bound to be aspects that we forget to mention here

Dread war is not over, but there might be a chance that we are getting balance changes maybe.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 10/11/2013 17:02:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/11/2013 17:00:05   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I feel like I remmeber Musk form previous design notes AGES ago.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
10/11/2013 17:02:11   
martinsen5

@Rayman, I know some promos will be returning, so I'm crossing my fingers they'll bring platinum's pride back too... :( Then again you may be right, but yeah hoping the new armour is useful at least.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/11/2013 17:03:20   
Ranloth
Banned

If Platinum's Pride is tagged as "Rare", then no, it's not coming back. If it's "Seasonal Rare" then it will be back.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
10/11/2013 17:06:52   
Rayman
Banned

Platinum's is a rare promotion, same as eggzookas, so It won't be coming back.

Finally a good update, seems nice, Wonder if we are going to be able to fight Ebil Npcs for a chance to get Ebil Bucks and Allow NPC wins for a week if you want people to battle them. (But I doubt that this is going to happend since this is not the Ebil War, It's just the Ebil returning)

< Message edited by Rayman -- 10/11/2013 17:07:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/11/2013 17:26:37   
wireclub1990
Banned

^ I like your optimism but it won't make the balance problems go away or the server population go away or the level matchups go away or the unfounded repetitive luck go away these things need fixing so we can see two servers open daily again . and not most of the time struggling to get one halve full and the server caps are low for mmropg as is .
Post #: 9
10/11/2013 17:36:58   
8x

Not this again... It would be nice if they didn't bring back NPCs that they kicked out of the game in the past.

< Message edited by 8x -- 10/11/2013 17:40:01 >
Epic  Post #: 10
10/11/2013 17:43:35   
Predator9657

I wonder how these new cores will work.
Epic  Post #: 11
10/11/2013 17:55:09   
martinsen5

Since the platinums pride is a rare and won't be returning, I'm really hoping the new Musk armour will come with a core, in addition to these.. plant cores? Great stuff as long as it brings more variety to the game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
10/11/2013 17:58:24   
Ranloth
Banned

I'm guessing new cores will be passive and give % boost to our base stat, sorta like what Omega Override does but probably 4 different ones for each stat (or maybe HP and EP too - I'd love that o.o). Or they could be active and have more power than a passive.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
10/11/2013 18:20:01   
Shajun Ki

:O Them plant cores sound interesting and possibly...fun O.O, maybe they're the replacement for enhancements which I would absolutely love because I HATE the amount of stats we are currently given.
Post #: 14
10/11/2013 18:24:07   
Ranloth
Banned

I'd love if they were both, passive and active. First of all, we could have passive boost on our Armors (for stats) or active from other weapons (Armor = all, Aux = Support, Gun + Primary = Strength), and give defensive buffers for some classes that lack defence (Mercs <3) + passive boosts to stats - which as mentioned above - could be like enhancements.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
10/11/2013 18:31:41   
Stabilis

Back for the Thanksgiving weekend.

quote:

More! Since next week will be a MEGA release, there are bound to be aspects that we forget to mention here. Stay tuned on Twitter and the Design Notes for the latest and greatest updates!

A lot of development reserved for this update, I wonder if we will be surprised by something never before seen in EpicDuel?
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
10/11/2013 18:42:27   
wireclub1990
Banned

I quit a few weeks after the horrific mistake of omega and all the problems I saw unfolding with no fixes turning up many have left I came back recently and I got to tell you not one of the major issues has been fixed since the beginning of omega and this update would suggest its not happening anytime soon so guess im quitting again and your server numbers are doomed to continue to decline for the future of this game I can't see it being as long future .
Post #: 17
10/11/2013 18:42:51   
Dual Thrusters

Last year, the Ebilcorp War was the first event I actually participated in. I couldn't beat the Chairman because I was like, level 25!

Now that he's back, I'm going to redeem myself by taking that achievement. (Plays epic courage by gothic storm*)

I sure as hell don't care if the free players have access to a Chairman's Fury "clone core" unless it's going to be better, like what happened with frost shards.

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/11/2013 18:51:47   
Mother1

I wonder if those unexplained things means the dread war is coming to a close? But at the same time though if that is the future of all our wars then I doubt many players will be excited about wars anymore.
Epic  Post #: 19
10/11/2013 19:15:18   
Dual Thrusters

If Dread War ends, that finally means we can have some balance changes!

#satisfied
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
10/11/2013 19:22:59   
Stabilis

^

There is a war going on, and it was used as an excuse against change up until now??
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
10/11/2013 19:26:11   
wireclub1990
Banned

^ yup welcome to omega.
Post #: 22
10/11/2013 19:26:38   
Dual Thrusters

Yea, the Staff said they wanted to focus more on the Dread War content and hold of the balance changes for the duration of the event.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
10/11/2013 19:28:19   
Stabilis

Uh. *stares into the distance*
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
10/11/2013 19:52:01   
AQisFuN
Banned

Can't wait for the new equipment. Sure hope it's rare, my character would use some awesome rares that come with cores!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= October 11, 2013 - Ebil Returns
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition