Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= October 16th, 2013 - Meet Mr. Musk

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= October 16th, 2013 - Meet Mr. Musk
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/16/2013 18:34:20   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

quote:

October 16, 2013
Meet Mr. Musk

Ebilcorp is back with a vengeance as Chairman Platinum is attempting to such Delta V dry of all it's precious resources. Fortunately, a more benevolent businessman, Elon Musk, has arrived on Delta V and he's ready to help. Complete Musk's missions to defeat the Chairman and dismantle his life-sucking factory. To help you on your journey, Musk is selling 4 new passive cores to give your stats a much-needed boost!

Visit Musk in the middle of Fortune City for a complete list of your tasks. If you complete them all, you'll be rewarded with material treasures, but you can also gain a wealth of knowledge about this real-life innovator.

In addition to a full character bio, you can also watch intensely cool videos. You haven't seen anything until you you've seen machines turn 20,000 lb spools of metal into working vehicles. You can see firsthand how Musk is bringing the technology of the future to the present!

Are they assembing the next generation of powered armors? Only one way to find out!

Challenge the Chairman!

You thought Chairman Platinum would learn his lesson after the beating Delta V's dilligent duelists gave him and his cronies last year, but I guess if at first you don't succeed...

...build a giant, resource-sucking factory on your enemy's homeworld? Classic Chairman!

The only way to shut down his Ebil Factory of Doom in the Wasteland is to defeat the Chairman, but he's too tough to take on in a 1v1 duel. Fortunately, Musk has volunteered to help you and your fellow duelists crush the Chairman and send him packing. However, you'll need to gather a few supplies for Mr. Musk to help him devise the technology necessary for blasting the sinister CEO.

The Factory's strength is measured by a War Bar at the top of your screen. By defeating the Chairman, you can help take the bar down and bring Delta V one step closer to ridding itsself from Chairman Platinum for good! According to Musk, he can re-engineer the factory to be a source of renewable, clean energy. There may also be some other amazing prizes inside once the Ebilcorp Factory's defense are eliminated.

If you defeat him, you'll be rewarded with an achievement. Why fight him again, you may ask? Good question!

We've add boss defeat tracking to all "boss" achievents. That means every time you bring the pain to Titan, Nightwraith, Caden, or any other NPC that offers an achievement, your achievement will track the number of times you were victorious! Unfortunately, this change is not retroactive so if you want to rack up the wins on the other boss NPCs, you'll have some work to do!

Scavengers

Over the course of Elon Musk's epic mission chain, you'll have the opportunity to try a new mission type: scavenger hunt!

NPCs can now direct you to search a specific region of the world to find a mission item. Look carefully -- some items may not be as easy to find as others!

Musks' Cores

Musk has come to Delta V packing some pretty amazing technology -- including these 4 passive cores that buff the stats Strength, Technology, Dexterity, and Support!

If you want an extra edge over your opponents, these cores will provide a great way of doing so!

Tags: Nightwraith SolarCity Tesla Innovation Elon Musk Chairman Platinum EbilCorp Cores Missions SpaceX

Adding formatting... Done
Tagged. Please make sure to have it fully formatted before posting it next time as well.
New info added. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 10/18/2013 21:54:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/16/2013 18:59:42   
toopygoo

so is this live already? or is it coming live this friday? im confused by the lack of dates, or any figures...

@ below
thanks

< Message edited by toopygoo -- 10/16/2013 19:11:11 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
10/16/2013 19:03:40   
Ranloth
Banned

Releases are always on Friday, unless stated otherwise. We've had a delay last week and were told it'll come next week - which is now this week - so yeah.

We need more info though:
  • Are the cores exclusive to a specific item category, i.e. Armors?
  • Is the boost fixed/scaled value or %-based?
  • If it's all 4 categories + %-based, wouldn't this be abuseable?
  • No HP/EP boosting cores? ;-;

• AQ Epic  Post #: 3
    10/16/2013 19:28:40   
    lionblades

1 question: Will the 4 cores be sold separately from the armor?
    AQW  Post #: 4
    10/16/2013 21:41:23   
    kaiseryeux21

looks like a pretty solid update. Although no words regarding balance changes and dread war but its fine. Who cares about this war really??lols.

New cores, finally. Something to look forward too. We need more of those to add variety into our build. The armor also looks good. Might as well grab 1 if it does not exceed to 25k without cores. Good job.
    DF Epic  Post #: 5
    10/16/2013 22:55:24   
    Pemberton

No balance update ... zzz
    Post #: 6
    10/17/2013 0:18:57   
    Mother1

@Wireclub1990

They already said balance updates would come AFTER the dreaded war was said and done and not a moment sooner. Reason being is because the last time did balance updates during an event it was a complete mess (The golden yeti tournament was that event) so they don't want to repeat the same mistake they made.
    Epic  Post #: 7
    10/17/2013 1:35:56   
    King FrostLich

quote:

We've add boss defeat tracking to all "boss" achievements. That means every time you bring the pain to Titan, Nightwraith, Caden, or any other NPC that offers an achievement, your achievement will track the number of times you were victorious! Unfortunately, this change is not retroactive so if you want to rack up the wins on the other boss NPCs,

What exactly do you mean by retroactive? Does this mean the amount of times I win against boss NPC's will NEVER reset once this update is live?

[Ex.: Killed Titan 300x just after the update is released and it has just reset for dailies, will it stack permanently or reset every 24 hrs?]
    Epic  Post #: 8
    10/17/2013 1:50:14   
    CN2025

@ such as ones that don't offer achievement
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    10/17/2013 3:32:41   
    Seteriel

@ King FrostLich
    Retroactive means: if you already have beaten a boss npc 10 times, this will not count towards the counter "now" = if you want to be an Admin 10 slayer with 1000 wins over him, you need to do all fights after the update goes live.

To the DNs

I am marginally confused regarding the cores. Reasons are plain and simple:
    - stat spamming could be made more easy, by either giving extreme amounts of stat XYZ or by letting the existing spam builds close gaps/weaknesses of their builds
    - in order to make any significance, a skill needs to be raised by about 12-16 points -> if cores give 8 points and are equippable multiple times...
    - even though stats grant other boni, the stat cores possibly still won't compete with the existing cores
    - could lead to funny and extensive calculations if the cores are percentage based (both of which being not negative)

This leads to the hope that skill cores will berestricted to 1 piece per type on the "complete-worn-equipment-loadout" - no matter if stats will be granted as fixed or percentage based amount.
    Something like str core only in primaries, dex core only in sidearms, tech core only in armors, support core only in auxilaries.

What i am really mad *ehm* excited about is: there is still no preview of the female version of the new armor yet. Seriously, forget about the new cores and the cheevo ! The armor's design is what will really make or break the update (as in "to me personally, because i have a very excentric taste"

Having no patience waiting for an exciting update like this.. zat's tortshurrr *nibbles tea and drinks cookies*

< Message edited by Seteriel -- 10/17/2013 3:38:43 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 10
    10/17/2013 4:01:01   
    kosmo

im quite sure theese cores would be all restricted to primary, which is a great news.
    still cant figure what is going to be the ammount of this "buff" , but it looks rlly interesting, a few points more on stats will probably not brake balance tht much.

at this point i have only 1 question: are theese core consumables?
    idk if any one of u have noticed what happens when u try a build that requires a consumable core; 25 uses costs 1500-2000 credits or 90-150 var, at the end of the day whit a good ammount of matches u can waste even 10k credits.
    i just think that if a core has 25 uses u should be able to farm it again in 25 wins, right now if u wont a consumable core on ur wep, u must remind that u can use it once evry 3 wins if u dont wont to fall under whit ur credits or var.

< Message edited by kosmo -- 10/17/2013 4:02:08 >
    Epic  Post #: 11
    10/17/2013 4:02:33   
    Striker44

I wonder if all 4 cores will be equipable at the same time but i think is not possible
    Post #: 12
    10/17/2013 4:20:09   
    Ranloth
    Banned

As a note, guys, do not expect a big boost to your stat - whether it's fixed/scaled values or % boost. Why? It's a passive core so always active. Even if it was to grant 10% to your base stat, with a decent build, it'll be 7-11 stat points which is often around 2 damage and/or 2 Def/Res. Always active so it's something, unlike buffs which give more but take a turn and you don't attack.

Also, they are passive which means lower price - since passive cores cost less than active cores. Yay. \o/

Lastly, Seteriel is giving a nice solution. It'd be nice if we can have all 4 cores but not more than 1 of the same type, so you could boost all your stats at cost of all your passive slots on your items.

@kosmo
    Passive cores cannot be consumables. Only active can which can be used by you, as opposed to passive which are always active. :p The point of consumable cores is testing them at a lower price. Would you rather spend.. 2K Credits (I forgot the actual price...) to test a new core, or spend 10K and possibly change it afterwards because you don't like it?

< Message edited by Trans -- 10/17/2013 4:21:54 >
    AQ Epic  Post #: 13
    10/17/2013 6:48:49   
    Seteriel

quote:

im quite sure theese cores would be all restricted to primary

I hadn't thought about it that way. In this case my confusion would vanish :)
    AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    10/17/2013 7:31:33   
    Rayman
    Banned

quote:

there is still no preview of the female version of the new armor yet

There's still no preview and there might not be a preview, I hope theres one for females, sometimes it's the same for Males/Females.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 15
    10/17/2013 12:45:31   
    darkllord233
    Banned

I found an wrong word in this proposition: We've add boss defeat tracking to all "boss" achievents. That means every time you bring the pain to Titan, Nightwraith, Caden, or any other NPC that offers an achievement, your achievement will track the number of times you were victorious ! ~Vampi

< Message edited by darkllord233 -- 10/17/2013 12:46:15 >

Add me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ed.antonio.391?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Vampirul_ED

Comment,like,subscribe,watch and share my videos: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzXOUVaHUX8lTqQw7pmaDJQ
    Epic  Post #: 16
    10/17/2013 12:47:09   
    Predator9657

Do the boss cheevo's give more rating points as you beat the boss numerous times?
    Epic  Post #: 17
    10/17/2013 16:20:35   
    Seteriel

@ Predator9657
    As far as current DNs are affected: no.
    But that doesn't mean the Devs haven't thought about it :)

I do agree, smth like an increase for every 50-100 wins would be very attractive.

[Edit]
    I hav finally read through the previous DNs. I hope that the armour will be not only "pormotion", but also for "free buy". Let it be 100k credits, that wouldn't matter as it is achievable. But please let it be available for credits only too (i am currently unemployed and would heavily HATE missing smth like this just because of not having the possibilty of free buy.......... or, when i think of it, let the event run till February please, then i'll have money again ^^ :D ).

< Message edited by Seteriel -- 10/17/2013 16:26:06 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 18
    10/17/2013 16:38:56   
    Mother1

@seteriel

If it was promo then the staff would have said something about that. Usually when a promo item comes they say it is promo. Also with Omega the way it is now it should have a credit price attached to it.
    Epic  Post #: 19
    10/17/2013 19:37:56   
    Dual Thrusters

quote:

including these 4 passive cores that buff the stats Strength, Technology, Dexterity, and Support!

Sounds like enhancements to me. Well it shouldn't be too bad depending on which weapons you can equip them to.

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
    10/18/2013 1:53:19   
    odsey

I just realized that my idea for world bosses is implemented:D. I look forward to facing Chairman Platinum. And I hope the dev are changing the balance soon. But I like balance that is unrushed and good rather than rushed but is not good. So take your time dev!
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    10/18/2013 1:58:33   
    wireclub1990
    Banned

^IF only I cant name one sound balance release sadly . Will be slow wont balance the right things and will create more problems then it solves it track record is anything to go by. I think people have wisened up to the whole if we make this class weak and this one better and introduce this promo people will spend more money by now . Must have server numbers so things may just be fixed always hopeful but honestly track record is against them .
    Post #: 22
    10/18/2013 2:13:07   
    odsey

@Wireclub Lets just be patient for the dev to make the balance updates. Who knows it might be the best balance release ever.(Passive to active)

< Message edited by odsey -- 10/18/2013 2:20:58 >
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
    10/18/2013 2:43:24   
    Mother1

@ Odsey

If it goes the way I think it will I doubt it. I just hope that this change doesn't destroy certain builds, and make builds that don't really rely on passives too much overpowered cause that is what I am seeing if this change is like I think it will be.
    Epic  Post #: 24
    10/18/2013 2:48:16   
    odsey

@Mother1

I can only that the balance update won't be a waste. I also agree with you especially the part where it will make a build that doesn't rely on passive op.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= October 16th, 2013 - Meet Mr. Musk
    Page 1 of 712345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition