Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Reduction of luck factor and increase of inteligence factor in game

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Reduction of luck factor and increase of inteligence factor in game
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/23/2013 11:35:02   
dfo99

the adms of epic duel usually say: in battlefield you can't control everything. but in true the inteligence is the primary factor to win in real life fight, and the realism is good in games. so, what you think about luck vs inteligence in epic duel? i particularly prefer that the more smart player win and the luck make you win rarely. i think that this will do the game more fair.

sry for bad english
Post #: 1
10/23/2013 11:53:10   
Mother1

That is why they have the following cores

Lucky strike -Removes block chance with strikes by 7% or 2% depending on which core
Aim assist - Reduces deflection chance by 7% on gun or aux
Laser lights -When deflection your damage is increased by 7% (meaning the deflection only does reduces the attack by 43% instead of 50%)
Nano steel armor Removes 8% of the ignored damage when your opponent crits (meaning that crits only ignore 37% percent of defenses unless the user is using the infernal intridictor in that case it ignores 47% percent)

To reduce those luck factors from happening.

Also no matter how much your reduce luck factors in the game these will always be the chance of them happening no matter what. Plus even if you removed those there would still be one thing you can't remove and that is who goes first. That will always be determined my luck no matter what.

Lastly if they did remove all luck factors (Minus going first since that can never be removed) Be prepared for all the Hulk smash build taking over as all builds but strength and offensive builds will take a huge nerf.

Those same luck factors you want reduced believe it or not help keep certain builds in check. Without them there would be nothing to stop offense from destroying everything and even the smartest players in the game wouldn't win since brainless offense builds would rule the game.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 10/23/2013 11:57:16 >
Epic  Post #: 2
10/23/2013 14:09:37   
dfo99

mother1

you understand bad my topic, i don't wanna the block and deflect removed from game, I talked about the creation of resources that prioritize intelligence, and i wanna know what the players think about it

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 10/23/2013 14:10:22 >
Post #: 3
10/23/2013 14:27:59   
wireclub1990
Banned

Mother is right and wrong at the same time luck wlll always rule this game because if it didn't the "hulk smash builds" would completely take over that's the problem though. If they simply massively reduced luck elements and made offence pay as much as defence it would open up a lot more build and gaming options and attract a lot more players.
Post #: 4
10/23/2013 14:36:34   
kosmo

Intelligence wins over luck and defending wins over offence.
Epic  Post #: 5
10/23/2013 18:14:16   
Dual Thrusters

@mother

So with all that being said, you're saying Glass Cannons are broken, since everyone needs to rely on the flip of the coin to beat them?

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/23/2013 18:51:39   
wireclub1990
Banned

^ offence relies on brute force defence relies on the luck factors when it really comes down to it why in the majority of cases offence wins out
Post #: 7
10/24/2013 3:12:15   
martinsen5

I have to ask something, if luck factors were removed completely, wouldn't this just make the game better for everyone? Who starts would solely depend on who has the highest support, hence the stat becomes more useful than it is now. And if removing blocks and deflections would cause strength builds to domniate, just nerf strenght and buff defence to scale better? Also, I've seen people suggest the unblockable cores like Chairman's Fury should deal less damage like 80 %, if blocks were removed you could keep it at 100 % damage and still have it steal rage?
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/24/2013 9:03:32   
Mother1

@ Martinsen5

I have to say no. Why because if you did that, those who are purely disadvantaged in fights would always lose. this would really hurt lower lowers facing higher levels especially near the level cap since they would need a bit of luck to have some hope of winning even with a build advantage.

Also if going first was made 100% on who had the most support strength support builds will take over the game. Why because as it is right now the only things that keep them in check for some are blocks, deflections, and for some them not going first which your idea takes away completely. Your idea would basically take away all the weaknesses of strength support builds and would actually make this build truly overpowered.

Epic  Post #: 9
10/24/2013 16:07:08   
martinsen5

@Mother1, yeah I guess you have a point. But if people had the option to invest in stronger defences, then perhaps this would slow builds with higher damage output? I guess more people would have a go at defensive builds as well, although rage would still be a hassle to defend against.

Also I don't think going all support in order to go first would be /that/ beneficial as your points invested there could have been used in other stats. Say the majority of builds have an average of 40-45 support, this would more or less result in a 50 % chance for most players to start, those who have the most support would naturally go first, but at the same time lack in other stats the opponent invested in. Hence there are advantages and disadvantages of choosing whether.

All in theory ofc, but you get the idea hopefully...
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/24/2013 18:21:07   
wireclub1990
Banned

quote:

I have to say no. Why because if you did that, those who are purely disadvantaged in fights would always lose. this would really hurt lower lowers facing higher levels especially near the level cap since they would need a bit of luck to have some hope of winning even with a build advantage.

Expanding on that it would come down to first turn wins absolutely no questions asked with luck removed. Not that this isn't the case already fact is the game is so broken on so many levels.

And I honestly think the developers are clueless of how to fix it without causing more problems then they solve.

Luck is happening far to often lately even in situations it shouldn't .

Balance is appallingly bad always has been . In turn creating another problem the game is in such a bad state and has been for so long they cannot pull in enough players to offer a fair fight even reasonably often . Their are only really 2 modes in game 1v1 (and that's only for anyone above 34 or below 29 29-33 stat inflation and base damage etc, will screw you so bad you'll struggle to win a fight) and 2v2 again not a option after 29 you will often find that you are paired with some one 6 levels higher against 2 people 6 levels and higher and you will be brutally slaughtered.

How can we hope for this game to improve with such problems we are literally sending people to their slaughter as a reward for investing time in the game . And wondering why the numbers stay stagnant or decrease.

Be very careful guys not acting may be favourable to certain groups and acting may hurt certain groups in the short term.

But not acting will guarantee this games destruction .
Post #: 11
10/24/2013 19:09:23   
ReinVI

as people have said before however you can't make everyone happy. There are always two groups of people the people who want balance... then the people who crave unbalance so the game is in there favor the majority of the time ( copy paste builds, abusers etc etc ) the problem this creates is actually the fact people who want balance are easily outnumbered by people who just care about winning so favoring balance will make a few happy but piss off even more. But if they cater to the masses then they piss off the people who want balance while less in number still represent a portion of the community.

I personally say the devs should stop listening to players on the majority of cases and rely more on there own judgement and not the judgement of others. Sure it's always great to have community based ideas for balance implemented but when that idea was created to create imbalance it's 'always' a bad move. I'm personally still trying to figure out why they nerfed plasma cannon when str BM's were running rampant in delta forcing more bms into Str roles or other classes.

on the topic of luck in this game luck is needed but due to the invention of cores and what not it has become way to easy to make a build that just trolls people by increasing your luck values high enough to block/ deflect a majority of attacks of that kind. so it DOES need nerfing ( maybe just increase the stun chance and take away the block chance from SA? or something... better then just being blocked repeatedly by someone with crazy tech/ dex ) but yeah... luck factors need work... a lot of work.
Epic  Post #: 12
10/24/2013 19:34:31   
wireclub1990
Banned

My main question what masses?

The imbalance in omega with other factors has almost caused the destruction of this game.

Their is almost no one left now is the time to act.
Post #: 13
10/24/2013 19:52:04   
Mother1

@ Wireclub1990

He is basically talking about all the copy builders who use the same overused builds. If they balanced the game those players would be upset because they would have to find something else to use instead of using the same builds they know will get them the wins they want.

Also as i said before there is more than just the imbalance that did this to the game. If you don't remember my list I will re post it now on what caused omega to flop

1 poor compensation for the money players in previous phases spent on varium
2 the removal of enhancements
3 the removal of NPC wins
4 the major buff to luck so any unskilled player can beat a skilled one
5 Making the game extremely expensive
6 turning epic duel into "let's dress up my character" By making all the items the same power wise.
7 Making copy building so much easier due to #6 on the list and removing diversity
8 Still no mute button in the game seriously I lost some of my buddies due to rude players cursing them out every time a luck factor happens and it tends to get annoying.

There are more but I can't think of them now.
Epic  Post #: 14
10/30/2013 0:25:26   
Pemberton

Removal of NPCs is the biggest cause of population decline.
Varium advantage gone is second.
Post #: 15
10/30/2013 0:30:24   
Dual Thrusters

Well NPCs can now be fought 100 times a day, giving you a ton of credits.

I'd have to agree with you that varium should have at least been given a slight advantage, or more selection. But in Delta, using varium basically turned any player into "God Mode".
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
10/30/2013 1:22:59   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@dual If you think Delta had bad balance between paying and free players then you surely weren't around for Beta.

The best way to reduce luck is not to change the formulas but to find a way to make matches longer so luck doesn't matter as much over time

< Message edited by ND Mallet -- 10/30/2013 1:24:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Reduction of luck factor and increase of inteligence factor in game
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition