Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Paxia Ultimate Conquest thread 5 (New Game time)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> Paxia Ultimate Conquest thread 5 (New Game time)
Page 1 of 1012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/26/2013 0:59:20   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

quote:

quote:
So here's my proposal.

We play a game that's sort of like Risk, conquering areas as indicated by the map by the black lines. I gave each clan 3 areas and their own color that indicates the areas they control. The white areas are not owned by anyone at the start of the game.

Battles would happen in the weekend, but it'd be up to the clans to discuss where they intend to attack. There would also be a GameMaster, who's job is to collect the attack plans of each clan, which they would provide to him/her by PM.

After the weekend comes, there's the usual score tally thing. Maybe like... if two clans are going for the same uncontested area, the one who manages to raise their Defense Score more wins the spot. Attacking a clan would require for their Defense Score to drop below what it started as.

As another example, say Dynami is going after B7, but Igneus decides that they will attack owned Dynami lands. At the end of the weekend, Igneus has successfully lowered Dynami's D.S. which will result in their attempted capture of B7 to fail. This is a tad easier to do than to somehow keep score on the Dynami's attempted capture of B7 AND Igneus' attack on Dynami lands, that'd then occur in Dynami possibly capturing B7 but also losing an area to Igneus.

If anyone has better ideas for these, do tell.

Anyway.

The attack plans have ONE little thing to 'em. They will only be revealed AFTER each weekend plan. Sure, the clans can go about diplomacy and make treaties and plans, but for the sake of the game's secrecy and THRILL, we politely ask that they keep such actions a secret. Anyway, after the weekend is over, the map is updated along information being given out who did what, attacked who, repelled who's attack and so on.

The first round will sort of be crucial, as it will give each clan an idea which clan they should focus their effort afterwards, one way or another.

Also, each clan can only take ONE action per weekend. Like attack an enemy clan area or try to capture a free area.

Speaking of which, the free areas are currently labelled as A, B and C.

B currently has a LOT of free spots, but it's sort of a historical area so I figured it would be allright to make it tougher to control. In case people are upset about it, go ahead and say and I can cut down on 'em.

A is the route for Glacius, Nocturu and Geoto to go about in their own corner, primarily for Glacius since they lack any contact to the mainland, just like Aerodu, who have the C area for them, along Igneus and Nautica.

While Glacius really has no chance right now but to attempt capture of either A1 or A2, depending who they wish to go after, Aerodu has the chance of either capturing C2 or attacking Nautica.

I figured the best way to go about the uncontested areas which connect some Paxia areas to the main one is to make it a 2-step thing, so it won't be that Aerodu makes one move and by next week they're ready to invade the mainland.

I figured I might do a summary of the rules explained above in details:
-Monday to Friday, you get to decide where to attack. Battles for taking control of an occupied area are done during the weekend. The clan who has gained the most points wins. If the two or more clans manage to beat the defender's score raise, the defending clan lose, and the area is given to the clan who had a higher increase in points.
-Battles begin at Saturday 01:00 AM to Monday 01:00AM AQ Server Time (GMT-5 Eastern Timezone).
-You have until Saturday at 01:00 to AM your clan's battle plan to the GM (me). If it's not received by the GM until then, the clan is considered skipping it's turn.
-Battles are done in the Adventurer Server (free button on the homepage) to give a fair chance for every player to participate.
-Each clan has two actions during the week. That is 2 areas you can attack that are next to ones you already control.

As to not create any confusion or things that might get this thread delete, THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL SUGGESTION FOR PAXIA IN-GAME!
This will be some sort of contest game for Paxians to play in, to fill the huge gap of inactivity so we can actually do something.

The current map of Paxia is above (or will be when I update it).

Round One: Since we started a new game I decided to do these summaries like previous games. Geoto took 2 neutral spaces, B1 and B2. Glacius took 2 neutral spaces, A1 and A2. Aerodu failed to start flying high taking only C2 a neutral space and failing to take C7 from Nautica.
Round Two:Geoto took two more neutral spaces, B3 and B4, Lucian took another two, B6 and B7. Glacius attacked Nocturu but failed to take anything, Aerodu attacked the neutral C1 and Nautica's C7 and suceeded at taking both, bad luck Nautica.
Round Three: An interesting week, Geoto took the neutral B5, Glacius took A7 but failed in attacking A8 belonging to Geoto. Aerodu have left Igneus handing to the edge of oblivion after taking C3 and C4, Lucian had the worst week of us as it failed to take any spaces.
Round Four: A most interesting week, Geoto gained A14 but lost B3 to the surprise return of Dynami, who also took Lucian's B7. Lucian took C11, thus eliminating Igneus from the game, but could not break through Dynami. Aerodu suceeded in wiping out Nautica leaving us two clans down in one weekend. Glacius did not send in plans on time so could not take part in this round, if there are just 2 clans left I am willing to be more lenient but not in a massive multi-clan conflict like this.
Round Five:The beast that is Dynami is well and truely back, it fended off attacks from Geoto, Lucian and Aerodu like nothing, leaving all 3 clans gaining no spaces, while at the same time taking B5 and B6 from Geoto and Lucian. Glacius has made Geoto's day even worse taking A8 while finishing off Nocturu by taking A6. That just leaves us with active clans now. On a side note a big thank you to Digdog of Dynami for giving me a tip which allows much faster map updates.
Round Six: Once again Dynami fended off attacks from all sides yet also slipped into an old habit, not sending in plans of its own. Aerodu were closest with 279 gained to Dynami's 456, the gap is narrowing and Christmas holidays are approaching.
Round Seven: Dynami took two areas while fending off attacks all round.
Round Eight: A pre-Christmas twist, Dynami take massive losses across the board, Geoto took B3 and B8 while Lucian took B6 and B7 and Aerodu took B11 and C5. This leaves Dynami with just 3 areas, so one more bad weekend and it is over for them.
Round Nine: Dynami once again get an overwelming score but sent in no plans, the only area taken was a Geoto area taken by Aerodu, I get the feel some payback may be in order when Dynami is gone.
Round Ten: Dynami came back like a storm taking two Lucian areas, B6 and B7, meanwhile Geoto has retaken the land wrongfully taken by Aerodu, B8.
Round Eleven: Dynami unleash their strength again, taking a Geoto and Aerodu area, B8 and B11, They only had a gain of 70, less than normal, strange considering the Anti-Dynami alliance was undermanned this weekend with Heroes of the Scape being away.
Round Twelve: The tide of Dynami spreads further seizing C5 and B1.
Round Thirteen: Unlucky for Dynami. They lost 2 areas to Geoto, B5 and B8, and two to Aerodu, B11 and C5. Once again Dynami failed to send in any plans.
Round Fourteen: Dynami's collapse has continued, despite the war, losing B1 and B9 to Geoto and B7 and B10 to Aerodu; there was some unexpected competition between Lucian and Aerodu over B7 with both clans attacking it but in the end Lucian was 4 points behind Dynami so had no ability to challenge Aerodu for the area.
Round Fifteen: Dynami has been completely defeated! Both Lucian and Geoto attacked Dynami's last area in B6 but it was Geoto which got to claim it, alongside Aerodu's C5, eliminating Dynami after a long campaign; congratulations to the Anti-Dynami alliance. Now things will get interesting, with just Geoto, Aerodu, Glacius and Lucian in the game who will decide to attack whom?
Round Sixteen: Surprisingly nasty round for Geoto, being pincered between Glacius and Aerodu never looked like a great position but still. Glacius and Geoto attacked each other but in the end it was Glacius who emerged victorious taing A13 and A14. Aerodu meanwhile took C5 and B9 from Geoto.
Round Seventeen: Glacius and Aerodu are still crushing Geoto in a pincer with Aerodu taking B8 and B6 and Glacius taking A9. Things could have been worse if Glacius hadn't attacked A12, as for once Lucian got a positive score; a very large positive score. Ironically they sent in no plans and High Paladin their game master has announced he will not be doing so, even asking if he can surrender his clan's lands to Geoto. Meanwhile Geoto's attack on Glacius came to nothing, with a score just over -1000 it was pretty much doomed.
Round Eighteen: Geoto lost both B5 and B1 to Aerodu with another low score, however the RNG has struck in Lucian's favour granting the B6 and B7 from Aerodu and holding off the Glacius assault, which failed to take A10 and A12. Geoto is down to just 3 areas but it is not going to go down without a fight.

See previous threads for previous games.

EDIT: Now with the power of this starting score screenshot I declare the first round of the new PUC open!

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 3/10/2014 1:39:00 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/26/2013 12:48:01   
Heroes of the Scape

Sent in and will make sure to get them in on time from now on.
AQ  Post #: 2
10/26/2013 20:13:08   
dragonfire1423

Er, just for clarification, am I right in seeing that Dynami is actually doing the best as of the default scores? Or is that just the base, and none of them directly affect each other?

That said, I wonder how many waves I can get done in a half-hour... TO THE FIELD~ \(^w^)/

EDIT: Thanks, Oliver! I really wasn't sure if the map should've been equal when Dynami had exponentially more points XD

Hopefully more clans'll turn in plans so that we can get this started! I'd REALLY hate to take over a clan because they didn't know where they wanted to be (^w^)"

< Message edited by dragonfire1423 -- 10/27/2013 8:59:43 >

"And remember: RealityIsAnIllusionTheUniverseIsAHologramBuyGold- BYEEEE!"
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
10/27/2013 3:57:06   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

The starting scores are the base, we are looking at how many more points are gained or lost from what is on the starting screenshot. I am a little surprised though, only 3 clans have sent in plans this week, hopefully next week we will have done enough to bring back some of the other clans.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/27/2013 9:58:16   
Heroes of the Scape

I am going to venture a guess and say it is the Big 3, Aerodu, Geoto, and Dynami. Oh well, we will get there.
AQ  Post #: 5
10/27/2013 12:30:09   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

You only got 2 out of 3 Heroes of the Scape.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/27/2013 14:42:51   
tommy2468

Somebody appears to be attacking the Glacius Clan. Hopefully I'll be able to get this essay finished in time to get in a few saves :P
AQ  Post #: 7
10/28/2013 1:04:45   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Ok guys this weeks PUC is over, here is the ending screenshot. This week Geoto, Aerodu and Glacius sent in plans.

Geoto attacked B1 and B2, both neutral territories, Geoto gained 177 points. Geoto takes B1 and B2.

Glacius attacked A1 and A2, both neutral territories, they broke even with a total gain/loss of 0. Glacius takes A1 and A2.

Aerodu attacked C3 and C7, by which I assume they mean C2 and C7 as C3 is far out of reach, C2 is neutral and C7 is Nautica , Aerodu gained 38 while Nautica gained 76 points. Aerodu takes C2 but fails to take C7

Interesting results for the first week. Map will be updated soon.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 10/28/2013 1:13:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/28/2013 11:14:47   
Heroes of the Scape

OOC, when attacking a neutral spot should we not at least have gained 1 point minimum? Even in Risk there is still defense on the neutral space to
mount a resistance.

My bad on C3, I did mean C2. Great round everyone!
AQ  Post #: 9
10/29/2013 4:10:07   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

We haven't had defences for neutral spaces before, though it might be worth considering in the future.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/29/2013 11:06:03   
Heroes of the Scape

I understand. I just want to avoid the "Clan lost 200 points but still claims the space anyways since there is no one there."
AQ  Post #: 11
10/29/2013 15:28:40   
tommy2468

Would that apply to how Glacius performed this week? We went up, down and then up again showing that we did actually participate (which I'm sure some people were wondering about)

We didn't have a number difference so if this rule were to have been applied would we have not gained the new territories?

Personally, I think that it is a good idea. But seeing as we have started this game, I think that it would be either: best left for the next game, or until everyone agrees that it is a necessary precaution.

AQ  Post #: 12
10/29/2013 23:30:53   
Heroes of the Scape

Don't worry, I wasn't going to request that it be applied to this game. But yes, you would not have gotten them. TBH, the odds of it happening are very slim in the first place so it would not have that much impact. I also was not saying it to single you guys out. That is something we can enforce once Paxia is returned to its former glory.
AQ  Post #: 13
10/30/2013 4:24:04   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

I agree that as things stand it is not necessary. When Paxia returns to a greater level of activity then it would be a good idea to consider but for now there just arn't enough people here to make it worthwhile.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
10/30/2013 4:33:28   
tommy2468

Does worry Heroes :) I do think it's a good idea and I would be all for it even if it meant we would lose out this week. My reasoning was that any newcomers may get confused with us starting without it and then with it. But it is something that makes a lot of sense
AQ  Post #: 15
10/30/2013 14:36:44   
Lord Markov

Hmmm this looks interesting. Provided I can figure out how this works. So, how do you increase a clan's defense points exactly? And how can you tell how many DP (defense points) a certain area has?
AQ  Post #: 16
10/30/2013 15:42:59   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

The game uses the ingame scores each clan has in the Paxia defence forces section of Paxia, adventurer server, each win in defence gets your clan one point while each win attacking another clan costs that clan 1 point. To gain spaces each side gets 2 attacks, the gain/loss in scores is then compared between an attacker and the defender, if the area is white then the area is neutral and undefended. If the defending clan for an area has made the greatest gains it will keep the area, if the attacker has the higher gain in score then they take the area. There are no seperate scores for each area, it is the clan score as a whole that is used. Each clan has a member who sends in plans on the clans behalf, currently me for Geoto, Heroes of the Scape for Aerodu and Tommy2468 for Glacius.

Heres an example, Say Geoto decided to attack A1 and A10 held by Glacius and Lucian respectively. Glacius failed to send in plans, Lucian attacked B1 and A13, both Geoto. Geoto gained 190 points over the weekend, Glacius gained 270 points, Lucian lost 180. The result would be Geoto would take A10, Glacius would get nothing new as they didn't send in plans but would keep A1 as they had a higher gain than Geoto. Lucian would not gain anything as they had a lower score than Geoto and as already mentioned they would lose A10.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 10/30/2013 15:44:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
10/30/2013 23:45:18   
Heroes of the Scape

Forget not the updated map. If you ever need help with editing it let me know and I will be happy to help.
AQ  Post #: 18
10/31/2013 10:14:42   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Thanks for the reminder Heroes of the Scape, I have no trouble updating it, I just need to find the time to do it. Just a reminder of my own, could all clans who wish to participate ensure their plans are sent to me before we start the next round; Aerodu have already sent theirs.

EDIT: Updated map is now added.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 10/31/2013 14:19:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
10/31/2013 18:02:50   
Lord Markov

So how exactly do we defend our clans? And what happens if two clans attack the same territory? Do they battle it out first and then the winning clan's remaining points goes towards taking the territory or what?

If I can figure this out in time I'll do Lucian's plans-Just saying this because I didn't see any Lucians posting in the last 50 pages of the last thread. If there already is someone doing that job let me know so I can send something to them. If not, give me the go-ahead to send in plans.

< Message edited by High Paladin -- 10/31/2013 18:26:11 >
AQ  Post #: 20
10/31/2013 23:32:11   
Heroes of the Scape

To answer your questions High Paladin:

1) The way you defend your Clan is to go to sail and go to the island if Paxia. There will be a button near the top of the screen called Defense Forces click that and it will send you to the Defense Forces screen. At which point you will have several options available. You can click on Defend your Clan and that will cause your score to increase. You can choose to attack any other Clan which will decrease their scores. Attacking and Defending Unity does nothing so ignore those. You are never allowed to attack your own Clan. The Clan with the highest score wins the space.

2) If two Clans attack the same space the Clan with the better score takes the space. The spaces themselves have no defense so it is merely whichever Clan would outscore the other.

3) As far as I know there is no Lucian currently sending in plans. It is yours if you want it. (Pending Gamemaster [Oliver Bell] Approval as I am merely Gamemaster for Aerodu Clan and not the entire contest).

It is good to see someone else joining in on the fun.

If you have anything to add, feel free to do so Oliver.
AQ  Post #: 21
11/1/2013 4:36:34   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

I think Heroes of the Scape covered pretty much everything, if you want to represent Lucian High Paladin I don't see why not, since no one else is currently sending plans on their behalf.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
11/1/2013 13:24:36   
Lord Markov

Ok, well then Lucian enters the war....sort of. I'm not really sure how much I'll be able to do this weekend but I'll try to squeeze a few battles in. Plans are on the way Oliver!

Also I have a suggestion, not sure if it's too complicated or not. I would like to suggest that if a certain clan controls at least three territories, they can choose one territory they own to 'heavily fortify.' This essentially doubles the defense points gained by that clan over the weekend IN THAT SPACE ONLY. Once battles are over, the space loses the status and new one can be chosen, along with the clan's attack plans for the next week of battles. Thought it might add something interesting, but added the three territories requirement to make sure a clan with one space doesn't constantly hold in there by being fortified all the time.

Also, thanks for the answers Oliver and Heroes.

< Message edited by High Paladin -- 11/1/2013 13:32:51 >
AQ  Post #: 23
11/1/2013 15:29:00   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

I have considered something similar High Paladin but the problem with any sort of 'fortification' rule is that it can't simply be to double the score, otherwise if the clan gets a negative score the fortification works against them, and it is hard to give a solid number boost to a clan's score until you know how many people are playing and what the scores are likely to be around, otherwise fortification could be extremely overpowered or hardly noticable.

If I come up with a credible way of working it then it would be an interesting way to add more strategy to the game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
11/1/2013 15:59:34   
Lord Markov

Ok, I hadn't thought about it too much, just popped into my head.
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> Paxia Ultimate Conquest thread 5 (New Game time)
Page 1 of 1012345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition