Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Piston Punch

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Piston Punch
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/28/2013 19:41:33   
GearzHeadz

^How are you suppose to emp if you just had your energy taken away? I don't think this core is OP or anything, I just don't see the logic in that counter.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
10/28/2013 19:41:41   
Dual Thrusters

Not unless you use it as a backup when you just got EMPed.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
10/28/2013 19:43:24   
GearzHeadz

Typically for energy drains though, they drain you so you are left with no ep points left. I suppose if they drained you before you lost all of your points you could emp back.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
10/28/2013 19:47:49   
wireclub1990
Banned

it takes 25 mana at absolute best and their getting nothing back in that instance so their probably going to be taking around 15 which means a l1 emp grenade will counter this 10 mana static smadh or assim etc etc. With the amount of base mana we get the move is pretty useless and suicidal to use in most cases and if your intent on them not having that mana not hard to counter. But personally I'd just capitalise on the fact they have just wasted a turn doing 3 damage on a game currently full of players with insane burst damage . I wish the ones using it and critical heal many speedy deaths !

Theese cores are extremely underpowered.

Critical heal you risk dying to use it in 1v1 using it in 2v2 even considering such is suicidal - yes yes I Know I shouldn't always be used no core should be bought with that in mind , But for every build even tanks I cant think of a fight where you don't have a level advantage or your opponent knows what he's doing with a solid build where trying to make use of this core wouldn't get you killed.

piston punch- Same problem except may be useful against support builds +easy to counter + your wasting a turn for 3 damage which in the game today such moves are asking for death.

< Message edited by wireclub1990 -- 10/28/2013 20:00:18 >
Post #: 29
10/29/2013 1:30:20   
edwardvulture

actually this core is very useful for caster builds, its like an extra asim.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
10/29/2013 10:33:05   
martinsen5

quote:

Critical heal you risk dying to use it in 1v1 using it in 2v2 even considering such is suicidal - yes yes I Know I shouldn't always be used no core should be bought with that in mind

@wireclub1990, Exactly, so then why are we discussing this? Haha. The core isn't meant to be used as a constant advantage in every duel, either you get a better heal every now and then, or simply don't use the core and have fun healing without the extra 20 % when you're super low on HP.

quote:

piston punch- Same problem except may be useful against support builds +easy to counter + your wasting a turn for 3 damage which in the game today such moves are asking for death.

@wireclub1990 (again), EMP grenade has an energy price, deals no damage, takes up a turn AND you don't get any energy back, it simply drains. How is this not different from the Piston Punch core, if not worse?
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
10/29/2013 13:54:27   
wireclub1990
Banned

^ 1) I can barely think of a fight where its useful

2) most people using a emp are taking 40+ mana which hurts. piston takes 25 at absolute best.
Post #: 32
10/29/2013 15:34:28   
Ranloth
Banned

Only because you don't find it useful, it doesn't mean everyone don't find it useful either. If you see no practical use for your build, just don't buy the core.
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
10/29/2013 15:56:35   
toopygoo

@ wiredclub

a lot of people i play against usually get me down really slowly because im tank merc with static smash. lets see what that means:

i can nerf their strength attacks with intimidate
my high defence can generally counter support builds because of tech advantage and deflections
level 5 support means strength is lower than otherwise possible, so high bot attack and lower eveything else

Generally, 1/3 games, i can take great advantage of this core, because i am usually rbought down to below 20% pretty frequently.

Besides, i think this core gives a huge boost in boss fights! allow yourslef or partner to get really low then pound in a nice heal to almost full hp, withjust a level 4 heal! i think its great!
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
10/30/2013 0:23:17   
Pemberton

The core is balanced but weak compared to Charoman's Fury
Post #: 35
10/30/2013 3:35:00   
martinsen5

@wireclub1990, My build only has 72 HP, a prime example of the kind of builds that shouldn't benefit that well from Critical heal, yet I do! Plenty of times I'll be down to 14 HP or less, and often end up winning fights I'd previously lose. Helps me a lot if the enemy lands a critical hit, for instance.
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
10/30/2013 9:35:38   
danirasab
Banned

quote:

yep i raged with it and did 3 damage

I critted with it and did 10 damage.

And I used it with 0-0 desxterity and guess what it did? 3. Now that makes no sense at all.
Epic  Post #: 37
10/30/2013 12:16:05   
Predator9657

As Pemberton said, the core is balanced (it has it's uses - but obviously it will not work wonders for every build); however Chairmain's fury is relatively more powerful.
Epic  Post #: 38
10/30/2013 12:19:23   
Ranloth
Banned

Crits give you up to +7 more damage at minimum - so it ignores defences and if defence ignore < +7 damage, it will always give you guaranteed +7 more damage. Hence why you've dealt 10 damage on crit and rage. The damage boost is scaled per level too.

Also, Predator, Piston Punch is a defensive core + has two effects. Chairman's Fury is an offensive core and has one effect. Not all defensive cores will be useful for offensive builds, and vice versa.
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
11/1/2013 12:45:33   
edwardvulture

What if they changed chariman's Fury to scale from strength to dex, would that be more balanced?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Piston Punch
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition