Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Over usage

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Over usage
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/31/2013 18:05:05   
Darkforce832

Currently mercenary's have the ability static smasher, the issue is it's way over used and abused. Causing most players to lose there strong ability due to no mana, and giving mercs another strong ability to use. Considering most mercs have high def/res, they can easily manage to do this 2-4 times in a fight. Causing re-loop of high damage moves or heals, while at the same time giving the other player no chance of heal or high damage ability option.

Simple fix is to adjust the cooldown to 4 turns instead of 3.
Post #: 1
10/31/2013 18:09:56   
Ranloth
Banned

Not actually nerfing it but limiting its usage. Not bad. And high defences - as you've mentioned - would enable them to use it more than once in a battle, thus the change wouldn't be a big nerf but improve the PvP experience for those facing them.

Have my cookie support.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
10/31/2013 19:00:27   
Predator9657

Come to think of it, that's a good way of dealing with static smash with having to nerf it. It would also balance this move nicely; especially as cores are going to require energy after the next release.

You can have my cookie too ^^
Epic  Post #: 3
10/31/2013 22:15:13   
Cyber Dream

HM, what about all these energy draining cores? Until this release, my opinion says that Static Smash is good as it is now....before all these energy draining cores,I thought it was op. but now energy seems to be the main factor to winning a battle. Defense should also be able to win you a battle, but the long needed str nerf is keeping that from happening.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/2/2013 1:36:35   
Noobatron x3000

Mercs aren't that strong all they really have is bunker tech or multi support abuse ..... And both builds are so easy to counter it isn't funny . Most support mercs are 2 hit KO's static can be blocked or just emp them or core their mana away leaving their damage relatively low . Seriously merc is probably one of the weakest classes right now no need to nerf.
Post #: 5
11/2/2013 2:18:33   
beaststyles

@Darkdorce

Its clear that you dont use a mercenary. What you say is all good in theory but far from reality.

The power of atomic smash has been lowered so much since the introduction of piston punch. Its like giving all classes an atomic smash, keep in mind that piston punch is unblockavle and even does damage unlike atomic smash. Also dont forget that atomic smash means one less go to do damage.

If anything, give atomic smash the ability to damage too, even if its low like 50%, or else just leave it the way it is.

Beast.

< Message edited by beaststyles -- 11/2/2013 2:20:44 >
Post #: 6
11/2/2013 10:59:25   
Darkforce832

@cyber dream

i think it was considerably op b4 the cores consumed ep, but now it can be even more abused.

Edit: @noobatron

i dont c how you think mercs are weakest class, and yes i have one myself, and have fought many different verions of mers such as techs, support, str.

all i ask is more 1 extra turn cooldown. being able to take average 30 mana and keep 25 or so for urself is alot if you ask me. yes i no its blockable but concidering it can be used more then once in 1 fight it will hit you eventually.

Also if u do manage to find 2 hit ko mercs, which u can find of all classes then how is a 3 to a 4 turn cooldown on static smasher going to affect them.

Edit: @beastdyles

the name is Darkforce.

yes i do use a merc, which btw has STATIC SMASHER (not atomic/atom smasher).
I know nothing about piston Punch cause i dont need it, so i cant say much about how that plays into this.

Considering you say atomic smasher like 5 times, and by what you wrote im thinking ur confused about what ability im discussing.

Posts merge. Please don't triple post. Use the edit button next time. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 11/2/2013 13:53:11 >
Post #: 7
11/2/2013 20:49:22   
AQisFuN
Banned

@beastyles Umm..hello??!! Piston Punch is NOTHING compared to Static Smash. The best you can do is take away 15 Energy and give 15 back to you. And this can only be used once in battle. If you say Piston Punch is OP, then ha! Let's reduce the power of Static Smash by 60% and make it only one use per battle. Than only, Piston Punch is considered OP.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/2/2013 20:55:27   
Ranloth
Banned

Piston Punch can return up to 25 Energy, assuming you have +10 Res. And cores are supposed to aid you, not have a very powerful effect for free. Static Smash relies on weapon damage, your Strength and the skill's level. Also blockable vs. guaranteed.

Beast entitled to his own opinion. You can disagree but neither of you are right or wrong, it's an opinion after all.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
11/2/2013 22:41:12   
GearzHeadz

I like this idea. Makes this ability less spammable.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/3/2013 5:15:00   
Cyber Dream

There are plenty of ways to counter Static Smash. If you are Bounty then emp, if you are a Merc then wait until your opponent uses Static first or use intimatidate, if you are a Mage then get assimilation,
If you are a TLM then use Atom Smasher, if you are a CH then use EMP, if you are a BM then use intimidate. Now you can use Piston Punch which is available to all classes. So there are various ways to counter Static Smash, you guys just aren't willing to change your build to try out something different.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
11/3/2013 8:00:38   
Pemberton

LOL. Now we are complaining about Merc's only saving grace lol...Seriously, Static Smash is the only skill making Merc competitive.
HOW to COUNTER:
1) Use all your energy before he uses it. Then it is a wasted 10 skill points :)
2) Block the Static Smash. Merc's have no use for dex.
3) EMP, Atom Smash, drain his energy, piston punch.
Now there, pro tips.
Post #: 12
11/3/2013 9:55:14   
Cyber Dream

@Pemberton Just because Merc has no skill that improves with dex means that they aren't going to have an god amout of it. I myself use 70+ dex. So this
quote:

2) Block the Static Smash. Merc's have no use for dex.
isn't a good tip since it's not controllable.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
11/3/2013 19:14:59   
toopygoo

as a merc, i woudlnt support this (it really isnt THAT effective, once you get to using it... heal has a high cooldown, you increase bunker buster at the cost of reducing success or efficiency of static smash... there are a few problems with it as it is) but of all suggestions, i find this the most acceptable.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
11/4/2013 23:27:04   
lostlong

People saying to increase the power of static smash?? try looking at cyber hunter static charge.. i think it should be more cooldown of nerf
Post #: 15
11/5/2013 15:36:06   
toopygoo

agreed .. compared to cyber hunter Static charge is OP (the skill standing alone) i think static charge, because it does not drain at all, doesnt need more than 1 turn cool down. Now especially with the new energy costs for cores. It can be difficult to run a positive build with that additional downfall.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
11/5/2013 16:03:48   
Mother1

@ toopygoo

I disagree with decreasing the cooldown of the move. But for the sake let's compare static smash to static charge.

static charge

cost no energy to use
give back energy equal to X percent of actual damage done to the opponent (up to 37%)
Deal damage to the opponent
Gives rage
can be used with rage
has a 2 turn cooldown
Can always be used as long as it isn't on cool down

Static smash
Cost no energy to use
drains energy equal to X percent of damage that would be dealt to the opponent (up to 73%)
Can't be used with rage
doesn't deal damage
doesn't give rage
has a 3 turn cool down

So effect while while static smash may give more energy warrant it isn't blocked you get no rage, and you don't deal damage to your opponent. Where as with Static charge you are not only dealing damage to your opponent, you are gaining rage, and can rage static charge for max effect. Plus unlike Static smash there is no universal counter (When I say this I am talking without gear) that can stop this. If I dump all my energy static smash is worthless, where as with static charge I can't stop my opponent from using this without cores.

So while as an energy gainer it is weaker than Static smash it still balances out to static smash as a move due to the over benefits is gives that Static smash lacks.
Epic  Post #: 17
11/5/2013 16:45:13   
Darkforce832

Please keep the topic on static smash and if you agree/disagree, with you're reason why. Thank you to those who have done so.
Post #: 18
11/5/2013 17:18:08   
Mother1

Ok Op as for what I have to say no I don't feel it is overused or underused.

Static smash is away to get back energy, and it is also a counter to your opponent. Limited it or increasing the cooldown is basically nerfing a counter to certain builds leaving merc's more vulnerable to their opponents.

If anything should change about this move it shouldn't be the cool down or amount of times it can be used, but instead increase the base drain for lower levels while decreasing the percent it drains at higher levels. This way it is more to those who have it at lower levels while it isn't so overwhelming to those who face players with this move at higher levels.
Epic  Post #: 19
11/6/2013 10:25:16   
Darkforce832

@mother1

If they were to do what you suggest, it should be minimally adjusted. Thank you for you're reasoning though.
Post #: 20
11/6/2013 14:38:43   
ED Divine Darkness

quote:

@beastyles Umm..hello??!! Piston Punch is NOTHING compared to Static Smash. The best you can do is take away 15 Energy and give 15 back to you. And this can only be used once in battle. If you say Piston Punch is OP, then ha! Let's reduce the power of Static Smash by 60% and make it only one use per battle. Than only, Piston Punch is considered OP.

wrong. you cant actually say that static is better than piston.
piston can be used to give energy to you whenever you want without fail, even when the opponent has none left. static smash cant do this.
piston is unblockable and does 3 damage. static IS blockable and does no damage.
piston punch can crit. static cant.
piston punch gives and steals precise amount of energy, while static smash varies by up to 4(i think it is that much).
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
11/7/2013 21:53:13   
Caspyin

Just to be fair... do not also forget to mention the obvious fact that....

PISTON PUNCH replaces GENERATOR.

You can only have one or the other. Generator is awesome. And yes, Piston Punch is also awesome. But they are inversely proportional. One gives hp/energy the other takes hp/energy both based on the setup of your armor bonus investment.

The problem is... you can't argue a core as a supplemental ability for class specific abilities. Because everyone has equal usage of cores, thus negating their usefulness or over-poweredness.

So try again, without the use of cores as a counter.

Round 2.... fight.

-Caspyin

Post #: 22
11/8/2013 17:08:26   
Darkforce832

This forum should be ignored until, the new passives to actives update is run for few weeks.

reason: Pretty big game changer.
Post #: 23
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Over usage
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition