Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Rebalanced Cores

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Rebalanced Cores
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/5/2013 0:30:53   
Dual Thrusters

@king

ikr lol it would be better to have your max Static Smash blocked than use Energy Shot.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
11/5/2013 8:19:07   
zion

I think it would be more interesting to get rid of the once-per-battle limit on these cores... assuming the energy is re-balanced a lot more... With all the skills and cores floating around - and with a passive-to-active skill re-balance coming - hard to imagine any real balance is possible yet... Might as well be as chaotic as possible in the meantime ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
11/5/2013 8:34:03   
Seteriel

Going through the questions:

Is the change good or bad?
Mostly very good. Neutral when it comes to classes that can regain energy - i guess once experienced players fully adapt to the change, that we'll see many deserters = copy-builders to merc/tac.merc/tech mage. But only time will tell.

Do you think Energy cost is a good way to balance cores' power?
Yes. Power comes at a price. If mana costs on cores would have been there straight at the start, this would have been much better, but now that they are there: super

Are the Energy costs reasonable for cores?
Mostly.
Energy Shot and Energy Storm are a bit overpriced in my opinion. Their effect is not extremely high (as compared to a lvl 1 EMP with some "standard" tech). On the other hand: taking away an opponents energy can always be devastating to them.

As far as Azrael's guns are affected: very well balanced. Maybe take 1-2 energy off of Azrael's Will, but it should stay above 17 energy cost.
Before someone doubts: no, i don't have Azrael's guns.
However: now with the energy costs, the answer "would you buy them if they return" is much more a "yes" than before the update. Without the energy costs they were just... well, i'm missing a proper english word for it, but i myself didn't want to be called that
In contrast to popular fear in this thread: i experience their cores to be still used much in both, 1v1 and 2v2.

Would you like Devs to try this with Bots?
I see it this way: guns are "external" weapons that have an own/integrated power source, or ammunition, whatever. Cores are like skills (double strike/bludgeon) and thus should cost energy to use.
Bots however are an "external" weapon as well. They have a standard move (like normal gun/zooka shot) and a "special". Whether or not the special can be called a skill/core can be easily argued on.

So to my point:
The "left" bot core is the normal strike/attack and should never cost energy.
The "right"/special bot core could cost mana. It would just go hand in hand with the weapon core rebalance. The problem is, however: many players couldn't deal with additional energy costs (especially now as many are still struggling with the core rebalance). There is also a problem of classes that don't use a bot. Meaning: if bots receive energy costs, then players need more energy and we would need to see a nerf to str/support and other spamming builds, that don't rely on cores and bots.
Please excuse me for stressing so much.

How about cores that cost HP to use instead?
Also with regard to zion [please excuse me for tearing it out of the context (:]:
quote:

Might as well be as chaotic as possible in the meantime ;)

Pro: more strategy - additional class+skill balance if done correctly
Con: hard to understand/too irritating
Conclusion: *confusion* you do realize that this is "just a game" and not "parking your car correctly" ?

If you aren't feeling good towards the energy costs, what have you done/adjust to be able to win the battles since update was live?
As i never relied on active cores - other than "meteor shower bombardment" - i didn't need to do. If needed, i use my generator which gives me energy for Meteor - and simply hope the energy doesn't get drained.
However, i have a feeling that energy returning skills will experience a large attention in discussions soon.

Have you made a build regarding the cores' energy costs or you just use them as a last chance attack?
As stated, i use(d) the bombardment tactic as a finishing/last stand attack.
Maybe in the future (with class change which i was planning since the last one, but that's a different story ^^ - new items in my inventory as well as new/more cores ingame) i will pay much more attention to the possibilities.

What type of cores do you think need some revamp both in effect and energy cost?
In all actuality, i think that only Chairman's Fury needs a revamp: unblockable, 100% damage and rage stealing for only 12 energy ?
15 energy would be fitting, because rage theft is much more usefull (respectively: devastating) than some additional % of damage - that's also why Energy Shot/Storm and Azraels seem to be "overpriced".
In my humbly evil opinion Chairman's Fury could easily cost 20-25 energy and would still be "underpriced" :P

What type of builds you have encounter which have adapted to the cores' energy costs?
Fully adapted ? 1 tech mage (tank), 1 bloodmage (str - actually 2 BMs if me also counts, then 1 str and a 5-focus) and 1 bounty hunter (5-focus). Other players seem to be still learning the update - or experienced players don't want to show "their cards" yet.

Do you think you had able to adapt if bots had an energy cost?
Honestly: i don't know. It would depend on the costs, and naturally if both = normal and special of the bot would cost energy.

< Message edited by Seteriel -- 11/5/2013 8:48:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 53
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Rebalanced Cores
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition