Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Tactical Mercenary rethink

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Tactical Mercenary rethink
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/3/2013 8:14:43   
xxxromanxxx4

A while ago i bought a tactical mercenary and now i realize that it is not a very useful build and in fact not highly regarded.

With most classes it is possible with a refined build to see people who have 75% win statistics and above in 2v2 and 1v1 however with tactical i have never seen someone with a decent win ratio.

I cant quite decide what the problem is but what i know for sure is that there IS a problem and i hope it gets balanced.

I know a few of you will argue that the energy regain or something gives them an advantage over most tanks or something but the point is: If it does, where is the proof?

Post #: 1
11/3/2013 10:34:44   
ReinVI

Tactical merc is also one of the few classes were there is still certain gear you need to make them fully effective biggest of which is a infernal android since that thing is 'still' unbalanced and goes great with the survivability there tankiness gives them which means they can say surgical strike then rage infernal for massive damage late game.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/3/2013 11:56:37   
ED Divine Darkness

use imagine dragon's build. look her up on Utube as imagine dragon ed, and in the latest vid, you will see her tank tlm surgical focus build. it does work, cos you tank and out damage opponents, then you steal their one advantage- rage. tlm is a good class because it has tanking properies( MA and reroute) aswell as energy control( Atom) hp regain( surgical and frenzy) and ragesteal (surgical). thats about all you need to own as a tank.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/3/2013 17:32:12   
Noobatron x3000

completely disagree with the IA build

best build ive seen for tlm is poison combined with strength it can stand up to 35s at l30 not giving the full details.

Not starting another breed of copy and pasters

But yeah their are strong tlm builds out their.
Post #: 4
11/3/2013 18:57:47   
ReinVI

I'm not saying that there aren't other builds but the point of it is the TlM is still a very viable class and one that I've honestly given thought to switching to ( especially now that BM's got the major shaft with the energy - core balance update. Love the update hate how hard it hit the one class with no energy gain/ drain )
Epic  Post #: 5
11/3/2013 19:00:10   
lionblades

Tlm is indirectly buffed from the other classes (core update favors energy gainers) now so its still a viable class

Also, I just noticed BM is the only class that can't steal or gain energy without using cores -_-
AQW  Post #: 6
11/3/2013 19:03:07   
toopygoo

uhm... how can BH regain energy without cores, but BM not?
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/3/2013 19:05:56   
ReinVI

technically they can both regain energy through usage of reflex boost but that really doesn't count cause you 'might' regain the amount of energy used to cast the skill in the first place :/
Epic  Post #: 8
11/3/2013 19:06:25   
lionblades

^ Toopy
quote:

BM is the only class that can't steal or gain energy

BM has EMP and can steal energy, TM has assim that can steal AND use energy AND reroute, TLM has reroute, CH has static, Merc has smash, etc. BM is the only one that doesnt have any energy taking/stealing moves
AQW  Post #: 9
11/3/2013 19:08:13   
toopygoo

or less. however, its more useful in 2v2, where you can give your partner a energy regain boost :P but yes, neither of them do, HOWEVER! they are the two with the most effective HP regain passive skills, and the last time i checked, you can live without energy, but die without HP, which does add a certain sense of balance. The only reason you feel you are at a disadvantage is because you dont have it. if you were to switch to regular mage, i guarantee you'd really miss your HP regain, becasue as a tech mage, thats what i feel would enhance me alot sometimes :P
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/3/2013 19:22:33   
ReinVI

honestly I still feel BM has gotten the shaft with this update ( not a bad thing nor is it a good thing ) since I love BM's but due to peoples hatred of the 'abuse' bm all of them get a bad rep...
Epic  Post #: 11
11/3/2013 21:50:39   
Pemberton

Best TacMercs I fight are poison Tacs. Infinite poison. Infinite energy. Tanks. What more do you want?
Post #: 12
11/4/2013 0:18:07   
ReinVI

@ pemberton easy access to energy drain? oh wait...
Epic  Post #: 13
11/4/2013 2:28:03   
kittycat

Tactical Mercenaries will do fine - though Frenzy can have its % increased by 2% or 3% and Blood Shield increase its effect from 6 to 15.
AQ MQ  Post #: 14
11/4/2013 2:37:46   
charwelly

I actually have a great build, use a str/defense build using double strike and heal

Retired Again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Tactical Mercenary rethink
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition