Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Design Notes 7th November, 2013 - Next Week: OS Anniversary Release!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes 7th November, 2013 - Next Week: OS Anniversary Release!
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/9/2013 7:30:41   
Megadragonknight

@leprechaun
Leprechaun! Long time no see! Where have you been?

How I wish Vagaran is here alongside some other of our old friends in OS forum return to discuss stuff with us. :(
Post #: 76
11/9/2013 8:07:20   
Cyberbeast10

@Megadragonknight: Yeah, the stun should be 1 turn. For me, I like to think of the stun as a "free draw" since the only thing you can do is draw again. It gives a great new playstyle for low Attack Cards, being able to deal low, but efficient damage per hand while not falling behind.

As for the DoT, well, it is just a damage buff on top of a damage buff. If it was 200 for 3 turns it would provide a ratio of over 4 (3 energy for 1400 damage), while luck based it would be broken for 100 Attack cards, being able to deal high damage for free, not to mention how easy it is to score a 3 hit combo as opposed to a 5 hit.

Honestly, the DoT seems hard to balance...
AQW Epic  Post #: 77
11/9/2013 8:34:38   
Megadragonknight

@Cyber
Getting 3 hit combo is just too easy. So the chances of getting DoT even though it have a slight chance would still be greater. That's why I also said DoT would be hard to balance. xD The only other way to make it balance would be to deal 100 damage per 3 turn. I guess this is the only way to make the DoT balance. I am not sure of other way to make it balance in terms of damage and turns.

Also to note, fire, light and electric would gain more power especially Fire and electric since they had damage buff card( incinerate, might and charge and supercharged) Oh god, Electric will be the most dangerous element since supercharged with 2 500 attack and 2 200 attack or 3 500 attack is way dangerous with DoT special effect of 3 hit combo. Better make it max 100 damage per 3 turn and minimum 100 damage per 2 turn..
Post #: 78
11/9/2013 9:04:20   
legend knight

I am hoping the players' characters will have the combo bonus and not the AI especially the boss. If such thing happen, it can make farming for level and gold harder than usual and so is hunting for character. Its fun to have hard challenge but there should be limit for having lots of challenge. Hunting and possessing characters, farming for gold and EXP and even fighting some boss characters(pointing towards to Lich and Storm Knight only) is already a number of challenge for us. Even having 20 permanent x-boosts for farming gold and EXP easier still can be a challenge.

Disagreement with my point is to be expected and you are free to state your opinion or point against mine. Truthfully, my main point or opinion is having hard challenge in-game is really too pointless because we got more important things to do in real life. If we want to have fun in-game, of course, PvP is there to create the fun for many players and not not every players have the same thinking as those who want many hard challenge. This is my opinion and i know some of you will think i am being unreasonable. But i have some challenge in OS for me to always face, the need to level character and evolve them to legendary with SG. Farming gold and buy CC with 15K gold each is also another challenge. We got so much challenge to face especially when it comes to luck of encountering and possessing characters, obtain good CC packs with gold.

Go ahead and state your opinion against mine but i won't bother to argue. Please don't think that i am being very rude but its because its always too pointless to argue against each other since each of us had a good point and there will be agreement and disagreement most of the time. All this is due to the thoughts of each people.
Post #: 79
11/9/2013 9:43:55   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

Actually, only I was the only one to say "To assume". Not Sage. I'll take that claim owo.

Why yes, you can absolutely assume! That's the great part of mysteries, isn't it? Always wondering, never really quite for sure until you see it? I'll never ask for you to stop assuming unless something is for certain not going to happen.

But that's what the forums are for! For the players to assume and figure out together! But of course, spoilers on what we can say ;)

But what I can say, I would drop the Rider speculation. It's certainly a good theory however. A good one to read.

Alright, thanks. I don't mean to say that I don't trust the word of either you or TheSage, but it appeared as though you two were sending mixed messages as your initial stance appeared to be that it was still a possibility for VDR to be VK's evolution, even if it was best to assume it wasn't, while TheSage was saying in no uncertain terms that VDR would "NOT" be VK's evolution. This inconsistancy makes it hard to know what we can and can't know for certain. Now you're telling us that VDR is "indeed NOT the evolution" but that at the same time there's still room for us to assume that it could be, which appears to be self-contradictory. If it's "NOT the evolution", then it's "NOT the evolution" and we can rule it out. I understand that Nulgath might not have been definitive with you and TheSage, but TheSage is saying that he was while you're saying that he both was and wasn't simultaneously.

I would disagree that the forums are "for players to assume and figure out together" with regards to future releases, as we can only assume and figure out that which has been confirmed to us by the staff or we risk presuming something that is false, which is why it's good to know whether the staff has made something definitive or not.

Whatever the case may be, Beck is quite right in that we'll find out next week anyway, so only so much can be accomplished through clarification of what has been definitively confirmed at this point when we know that a definitive confirmation will come with the release this upcoming Friday.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/9/2013 9:44:55 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 80
11/9/2013 9:46:19   
Cyberbeast10

@MegaDragonKnight: Personally, the only thing I can think about the DoT is making it deal 10% of your opponent's current health every 2 turns (that is, if they have 1000 HP, it deals 100 damage), with the maximum damage per tick being 250 (Damage cap at 2500 HP). The maximum damage by this DoT could be 500 (for a maximum of ratio of 3.5; I think...) and the typical minimum would be 15 (If it happens at 100 HP).

@LegendKnight: I do understand where your coming from. Getting EXP/Gold is already hard enough as it is and making characters stronger would only make it more irritating. Regardless, this buff is being given to players as well, so it cancels out (besides, the A.I isn't smart enough to effectively make use of combos). The only A.I that should be challenging are those in dungeons, specifically the boss. With this, I would say it is fine for now. We don't know the level of impact yet.
AQW Epic  Post #: 81
11/9/2013 10:21:28   
Andlu

I personally think VR is a variation of VK. As sage said, VK is really old, like more than 3 years I think, and it was drawn way before VR, even though VR was released first. We already have one VK variation, and DFR is coming, possibly a stand-alone character, being the second variation. That's enough, I guess?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 82
11/9/2013 10:23:06   
Megadragonknight

quote:

I would disagree that the forums are "for players to assume and figure out together" with regards to future releases, as we can only assume and figure out that which has been confirmed to us by the staff or we risk presuming something that is false, which is why it's good to know whether the staff has made something definitive or not.

This is half agreeable and half disagreeable. The only part I can't concur with your point is the part you disagreed. The forum is for players trying to assume and figure it out together on the possibility of it. I think assume is the wrong vocab, speculate is the correct word to use since assuming is something which we can't always be correct unless we are psychic who can predict the future.

@Cyber
Mind blown! I don't fully comprehend your point. Its like a completely mixed theory.

Edit:
@above
More than 3 years old? Are you from the future? Unless if count AQW VK, that will be different since AQW is AQW and OS is OS. I am not sure how to explain that in detail but lets just say VK is slightly older than VR. Still, Sage made a good point about the part where Nulgath's mind comes about different colour or weapon for the variant. I somehow recall Nulgath stated or at least that's what he really wanted to say. For now, we can't fully confirm ourselves that VR is the variant of VK. I am neutral about VR being a variant of VK or not. The Dragonfiend Rider a second variant of VK? That's a little bit silly thought. No offense, dude.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 11/9/2013 10:32:02 >
Post #: 83
11/9/2013 11:09:32   
Cyberbeast10

@Megadragonknight:

Say the opponent has 2500 HP after getting hit by the 3-hit combo and now has a DoT applied for 2 turns. When the DoT hits the first time, it will deal 10% of their current HP [2500], which is (2500 X 0.10 = 250) 250 damage, leaving them with 2250 HP. Next turn, assuming they don't take damage and still have 2250, the DoT will come in again and deal 10% of their current HP [Now 2250], which is [2250 X .10 = 225] 225 damage, leaving them with 2025.

Simply enough, the DoT is stronger the higher the opponent's HP and vice-versa. This means the DoT will balance itself out so it is never too devastating, but it is magnificent for taking out Shields because the opponent's HP will not lower after the first tick. I made its damage cap at 300 [Meaning the damage per turn will not go above 300 or 10% of 3000 HP] because at higher values like say 4000 HP (or 400 damage) the damage would give a very high ratio of damage (Which goes back to our conversation of high damage for practically free cost).
AQW Epic  Post #: 84
11/9/2013 11:42:20   
shaxi

Marvelous ;)
Just in time for upholder, VK and Skexis evolution.

Now the problem is getting VK from 17 to 20. Gehh.. got no time for that with the amount of schoolwork...
Gotto buy SGs. Will wait till they announce 1st upholder purchase.
Just looked and it seems I have 152 lifetime SGs. One more purchase and I'll also have Void Reaper. Cmon upholder :D

Wow, everything is a plus for me :P

Happy 1st Birthday OverSoul :)

< Message edited by shaxi -- 11/9/2013 11:44:36 >

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
11/9/2013 11:44:35   
Megadragonknight

@Cyber
Oh, that's a clearer explanation. Sounds like a very nice idea but mine would be very simple. Beside, doing a percentage coding is not going to be easy task so it may take a while if rolith plan to implement the way you suggested. No matter, most importantly is to ensure everything balance.

Going off now. Later.
Post #: 86
11/9/2013 11:50:53   
The Jop

I hope the boost is not as much as 300/500, or DoTs would really lose their edge, especially since combos with regular attacks would be able to stun and add a DoT. Plus a 10% DoT sounds way too overpowered, especially since it's free.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 11/9/2013 11:51:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
11/9/2013 12:30:21   
Wolfassassin

What would you guys think about being able to delete cards from your original deck? Do you think it would be unbalanced?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
11/9/2013 12:36:12   
The Jop

Yeah, since you can add any card from CC, it would make characters into little more than armors.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
11/9/2013 13:00:39   
Gorillo Titan

Yeah it would be broken a deck of all iron hides corruption and neutralizes.

Also anyone else hoping we get the Starter legendaries next week since stress tester won't be getting anything besides CC switch up?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 11/9/2013 13:02:05 >
Post #: 90
11/9/2013 13:11:38   
Bounty Hunter 6

Back then the Skexis was the strongest character in the game....Cant wait to see it's next form
Post #: 91
11/9/2013 14:13:58   
daichi

well, I really hope skexis evo has four arms.

that would be cool.

DF AQW  Post #: 92
11/9/2013 15:33:01   
Boom u doom

quote:

Also anyone else hoping we get the Starter legendaries next week since stress tester won't be getting anything besides CC switch up?

@gorillo: I have no idea what you're saying...The stress test reward, void knight, is getting a rank up. Of course there's something for the stress testers.
AQW  Post #: 93
11/9/2013 15:37:25   
DarkLore

quote:

Just looked and it seems I have 152 lifetime SGs. One more purchase and I'll also have Void Reaper.

Yeah. I got to 252 lifetimes SG's two days ago. Good luck getting to black dragon some day Shaxi!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
11/9/2013 15:40:01   
Andlu

@Boom U doom He means something for non alpha/stress test players I think.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 95
11/9/2013 15:55:52   
Wolfassassin

quote:

Yeah it would be broken a deck of all iron hides corruption and neutralizes.

Sorry, I meant only being able to delete 2-3 cards. Since you can add 5 cards with CC, deleting 2-3 cards wouldnt unbalance everything (in my opinion), but would give more customization options for players to develop efficient strategies.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
11/9/2013 16:05:12   
The Jop

@Wolfassassin
I prefer that the characters be unique. If you could remove 2-3 cards and add 5 cards, a lot of characters would lose that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
11/9/2013 16:10:11   
Gorillo Titan

Yeah I mean non stress testers. Also imagine taking 2 or 3 cards from the Ice god like Frost Queen and cosmoa titan a higher chance of drawing freeze and shatters
Post #: 98
11/9/2013 16:31:40   
Pennocki_

i wonder if we will get a yellow/golden coloured title for upholder
AQW Epic  Post #: 99
11/9/2013 16:38:49   
The Jop

I don't know if there will be a title because that would just make the founder title worth less, plus they would have to do it for consecutive years.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes 7th November, 2013 - Next Week: OS Anniversary Release!
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition