Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Active defense buff

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Active defense buff
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/8/2013 22:56:10   
Mother1

From what I have seen in the game the defensive buffs took a huge nerf. Before they passively give you defense, resist or both depending on if you where a merc, tactical merc or cyber hunter.

Now they work based on your defense, resist, or both.

Now this wouldn't be so bad if the following wasn't happening.

1 the cost for said protection wasn't so high
2 the fact that buffs and debuffs can affect them.

The second wouldn't be an issue however due to the way balance is, someone with a really strong smoke or malf can not only nerf the normal protection you would get, but also the buff you placed on yourself due to this.

As a result of this Tanking took a nerf especially with these classes. I suggestions for solutions to this are the following

1 make it so debuffs and buffs don't affect your protection you get from the buffs.
2 Increase the cost of the buffs but in return make them last the entire match.
3 Lower the cost for said buffs
4 any combo of 1 2 and or 3.

If you have any idea on how to fix this problem feel free to suggest and please don't say "Undo this change and go back to the way it was" The staff won't listen to that and there is a 0% chance of it happening.
Epic  Post #: 1
11/8/2013 23:09:23   
CivilAE

From what I've seen the biggest problem is the fact that it takes a away a turn you could be using to attack.

Maybe they could make it so you could shield and provide offense at the same time (Gun,Strike,Aux only). That way if they take the shield away the next turn, the field stays even on both sides.

This is how debuffs work, with the chance to have the damage blocked. Of course I'm only referring to plasma/hybrid armors, that'd be pretty bad with technician.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/9/2013 0:34:16   
Pemberton

It's too early to tell...PLEASE play the game first with enough fights to make a REASONABLE conclusion. Uhghhhhgh
Post #: 3
11/9/2013 4:40:42   
Ranloth
Banned

Well, Armors are quite weak. This is without even having to play through the release because you can look at the numbers and compare to Shields. It may last a turn longer but at much higher EP cost and still grant much less defense. They should be minimally weaker than Shields due to 4 turn duration.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
11/9/2013 6:27:58   
beaststyles

Active armours

Even a medium lvl defence matrix or energy shield is much better than the new armours. It gives more defence. It doesn't decrease with malf or smoke. It costs much much less energy for a greater buff.

My suggestion would be to make the shields passive. However I know people will not like this suggestion so I will attempt something else.

Make it so its not such a waste of a turn. Maybe they can do 85% damage while switching the armours on.

+

Decrease the energy cost substantially to make it worth using (compare to energy shield and defence matrix).

+

Make it last longer

Adrenalin

I think adrenalin should work in the same was as Mark of blood i.e. "Mark of Adrenalin". Or else its a waste of a turn. In most cases it would be much better to strike (do damage) + gain little rage (little comparatively) at no cost instead of pay energy + skip a damage turn + gain rage. Lets not forget that loosing rage to chairman's fury after wasting so much energy is much worse than if it was through "Mark of Adrenalin".

Summary

I have given my positive criticism above. Now for my opinion about the new mercenary actives.

As of now they are not worth investing points on.

Beast.

< Message edited by beaststyles -- 11/9/2013 10:25:36 >
Post #: 5
11/9/2013 9:12:30   
Scyze

The Energy cost for Hybrid Armor is fine in my opinion. The main problem is the amount of buff it gives you. I think that it should be higher because it's not helpful once you've been de-buffed. Maybe double the percentage?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/9/2013 11:58:55   
ED Divine Darkness

hmm. i got it! make the armours give a fixed amount of defence and resistance, but it works like a debuff: you take that much defence/resistance off the opponent. obv, this would have to be taken off cyber.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/9/2013 12:13:36   
CivilAE

^ Basically make them shields? And yeah having three kinds of shields on cyber is funky. However they have the right idea already, it's armor, armor only serves the purpose to ignore x % amount of damage. The kind varies among the class.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/11/2013 10:59:50   
  RabbleFroth

Whether to make them work with buffs/debuffs was a decently large discussion point among the team with these skills. Ultimately the goal was to give them some extra play on both sides of the battle.

That said, there may be a few numbers issues to iron out with them:
* Debuffs may affect these skills a bit too much. This may be an issue with the strength of smoke/malf in general.
* The base values on these skills are probably just too low. If this is the case, that's a fairly straightforward fix.

I've seen the suggestion that they last the entire match. We'll likely not do this with any buff because we want there to be decision points on when to use the skills, whether to refresh them, and give you a chance to capitalize on moments of weakness when the buffs wear off.
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Active defense buff
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition