Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers XII (Read the first post)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers XII (Read the first post)
Page 1 of 2912345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2013 11:36:33   
Beck

Have a question about OverSoul? This is the place to ask!

Please remember that OverSoul is still in development and much info concerning future plans hasn't been released. Some questions may lack adequate answers.
Don't forget to regularly check the OverSoul Homepage as well as Nulgath's Twitter and TwitPic for updates on OverSoul!

quote:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is OverSoul?
A: Oversoul is a card based PVP MMO role-playing action game with solo PvE game mechanics to develop your characters.

Q: Are there pets? Can you customize weapons? Are there different classes?
A: There will be characters that use pets but not in the way you think. Each character in Oversoul is a unique character that you possess. So each character is uniquely self contained. ( Like possessing Artix as a character for example. ) There will be some customization available through the Leveling Tree. But those customizations will be unique to every single character. None will be exactly the same. This means one character might be able to change their class, weapon, elemental standing, armor or even species. It's all unique to the character you possess though.

Q: What is a Beta test phase?
A: Testing phases are different time periods where we are testing a game before it is released. It also helps us squash those nasty bugs that can prevent players from enjoying the game to its fullest potential and gives us a chance to add a bunch of cool stuff in the game!

Q: What if I already have an Artix Master Account but cannot access it to log in?
A: You will need to go to our Help/Support Pages for Master Accounts.

Q: How does this game fit in the AE Universe?
A: It is the same Universe but a much darker version geared toward an older audience.

Q: Can I have the same character name as my Artix Master Account name?
A: We strongly advise against that. You want your Artix Master Account to be as secure as possible because if you lose access to your Artix Master Account, you also lose access to any linked game accounts such as EpicDuel and HeroSmash.

Q: How many characters can I currently possess?
A: Currently all that are still available. There is no limit to how many characters you can possess, this may or may not change in the future.

Q: What are they and where can I encounter them?
A: The Official OverSoul Wiki has the answers. Click here.

Q: What do the characters evolve in to?
A: The Official OverSoul Wiki has the answers. Click here.

Q: Do I have to buy the larger packages to get the characters or can I buy the smaller packages and eventually get the characters?
A: You can buy several smaller packages and receive the characters that way.

Q: Why do some players have coloured names and titles?
A: Certain players have coloured names as a token of appreciation for their contribution to the game. Founders have blue names, Testers have Orange names, Developers have Green names and in-game moderators have Gold (?) names. All other players have white names.

Common acronyms that are used in this forum are as follows:
AP - Alpha Pirate
BD - Black Dragon
CC - Card Customization
DD - Darkon Drago
EF - Earth Fairy
FC - Founder Champion
FK - Founder Knight
FQ - Frost Queen
FoV - Fiend of Vergil
FT - Father Time
GQ - Grand Quest
HHM - Headless Horseman
PD - Poison Drake
PL - Pumpkin Lord
PW - Pyre Witch
VK - Void Knight
VL - Vampire Lord
VR - Void Reaper
WB - Witchblade

PvP - Player versus Player
PvE - Player versus environment

ST - Stress tester

Thanks to Therril Oreb for this topic idea and Nightly for the acronym idea.
Thanks to Char for acronym additions.
AQW  Post #: 1
11/10/2013 11:38:02   
Beck

@WolfAssassin
quote:

Question: Is it possible to use multiple ultimate game cards on 1 SG package? Example: If I want to buy the 250 SG package, can I use 3 game cards to cover the cost, since they are only of $20?

I believe you can do that if you did it through Artix Points; so use all those Ultimate Game Gards to buy the 10,000 Artix Points, and then from the portal site, purchase your Soul Gems.
AQW  Post #: 2
11/10/2013 11:38:55   
Boom u doom

How do you find the map axis? Like G7, A11, W3, Z19 etc.
AQW  Post #: 3
11/10/2013 11:39:54   
Char

@Beck: Noes! You ninja! xD

@Wolfassasin: (From other page) Yes, I'm pretty sure you can. When you enter your first code, I'm almost sure that it will give you the option to enter another code. Again? Beck you're on fire!

< Message edited by Char -- 11/10/2013 11:41:40 >
Post #: 4
11/10/2013 11:40:01   
The Jop

It's on the Wiki if you go to "Grid Reference": http://oversoulgame.wikidot.com/world-map
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
11/10/2013 11:43:20   
Wolfassassin

@Beck

OK, thank you :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/10/2013 11:49:06   
Boom u doom

So only the central map has a grid?
AQW  Post #: 7
11/10/2013 11:51:27   
Beck

@Boom u doom
We the players implemented the grid system back when lots of characters were being released and we had no clue where to look for them. It was to help us systematically find the new characters, since saying "oh yeah I found him by the clearing with no trees!" isn't really that helpful xD

The characters that could be found in the other makes were usually in very distinct locations, like the Icy Cave, Fiery Cave, etc., so we didn't come up with a grid system for them.
AQW  Post #: 8
11/10/2013 11:53:31   
The Jop

@Boom u doom
All the main maps have them; the central map, the west map, the south map, the east map, and the north map. The areas within those have a note stating their grid position.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
11/10/2013 16:37:31   
Boom u doom

Do any of you still remember the characters that won the previous PvP tournaments? IIRC the top players used almost the same characters (like the suggestion golem). I want a list of the characters so I can possibly get them. Thanks in advance.
AQW  Post #: 10
11/10/2013 17:17:05   
BJEBLE

@Boom Well Loveweaver won the Fire tournament, Poison Drake won the Shadow, and I think Cosoma won the Ice one.
DF  Post #: 11
11/10/2013 18:54:19   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

If anyone's interested:
My team: Ice Beetle (CC: 1 Shield, 2 Shatters). Cosoma Titan (CC: 1 Shield). Love the beetles! I used little cards to maximize changes for Freeze, and added Shields instead of Ice Wall for better energy efficiency.

So Beck used both Ice Beetle and Cosoma Titan, although I assume he'd bring out Cosoma Titan when the chips were down.

And the second place finalists were DeathGuard's Master Barbarian, Beck's Poison Drake, and Axel's Mana Guardian.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
11/10/2013 18:56:00   
The Jop

@Phoenix
Care to share your card customization for Poison Drake?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
11/10/2013 19:02:28   
The Finnish Phoenix

Sure I had 1 Iron Hide, 1 Neutral 525, 2 Marks of Death, and 1 Poison (I would've used Poisons in place of the Marks if I had them but I only had 1)

And I'll post re-post clinton's CC here for the sake of completeness:

quote:

1 meteorite, fire whirl, 515 defense, 515 attack and incinerate
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
11/10/2013 21:46:51   
BJEBLE

@TFP Also, I remember a SS of somebody from the Shadow tourney with a Blood Ranger, but all the other fights both people had PD I think.
DF  Post #: 15
11/10/2013 21:48:28   
The Jop

@BJEBLE
Not everyone; I was an ArchLich and Mondez was Necrosis Dezgardo. Poison Drake was a very popular choice though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
11/10/2013 23:00:40   
The Finnish Phoenix

While it is true that Poison Drake had good representation, many players chose not to use it because it was a Veteran scheduled to receive a Master evolution, so levelling beyond 10 would be a waste. As far as I know, Tally, Beck, and I were the ones with PD, although Tally was disqualified in the first round without having fought.

Of the players I fought: Sparhawk and Skurge used Darkon, DarkLore used VampireLord and Aberrant, GuardMice used Black Dragon, Axel used Void Knight, Emissary of Pandemonium (NBD on the forums) used Blood Ranger, and Beck used PD (although against others he rotated between some other characters including Blood Ranger and VampireLord).

Some others that I know of are Balu's DreadFiend, Asuka's Undead Knight, Kiyone's WitchBlade, necro rouge's DarkonDrago and Aberrant, Malladus/Vagaran's Void Reaper, Leader's Revontheus (although he rotated between a few others, that seemed to be his main), clinton's Necrosis, Jmagician's Shadow Dance, Ovsersoul's Black Dragon, blackshock's Dark Incarnate, DeathGuard's Blood Ranger, Koar the Great's Blood Ranger, and as Jop said, Jop's ArchLich and Mondez's Necrosis.

I'm missing a few, but those should be most of them. The Blood Ranger you saw was probably from DeathGuard's match with Koar the Great or Emissary against either me or Kiyone. The other tournaments I didn't participate in as I wasn't around during their respective sign-up windows so I couldn't tell you as well other than what I can find from the threads. I'll try to be in as many future tournaments and keep track of as much stuff going on as possible.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/11/2013 19:51:38 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
11/10/2013 23:01:11   
DarkLore

I get closer everyday to getting 50K for Dark Incarnate. I heard he's very good for his rank. How good? I actually rarely see anyone with one. Is he worth 50K?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
11/10/2013 23:11:53   
The Finnish Phoenix

It has a good deck that is similar to VampireLord's in many ways with only two cards that are different (DI has an extra 200-Attack and 500-Attack where VL has a 100-Pierce and a 500-Defend). It's up there as far as F2P Shadow characters go, but I prefer Necrosis Dezgardo and Poison Drake to it.

It is probably worth mentioning that based on appearance, Dark Incarnate looks like it would evolve into Malakai's form eventually, but this is just speculation. As a Veteran though, it certainly has room to evolve into something and I would expect that since it's shop only and has a pretty steep price tag, it will eventually get at least a Master form.

But to answer your question, I currently don't think it's worth it and would rather spend the gold on packs while using another Shadow character in the mean time. You can always buy it later if/when it gets an evolution.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/10/2013 23:16:42 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
11/10/2013 23:26:23   
BJEBLE

@Jop No, in the final two fights, there was a match between a Blood Ranger and Poison Drake, and then both people used Drake all the rest of the times.But this was quite a bit ago, so maybe I was wrong.
DF  Post #: 20
11/11/2013 11:05:32   
The Jop

@BJEBLE
I thought you were saying that almost everyone except the person who used Blood Ranger used Poison Drake, which isn't true.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
11/11/2013 19:39:55   
BJEBLE

@Jop No it's not, but it really doesn't matter anyways, it's just that I remember some SS of the final fights, and one time the person on the right was a Blood Ranger, the person on the left was a PD, but the rest of the fights, both people were Drakes.
DF  Post #: 22
11/11/2013 21:45:08   
The Finnish Phoenix

Since the PD was on the left and it was in the final rounds then it would've been the screenshots from my match with Emissary that you remember ( such as this one), as that was my last match before the finals with Beck, which was the only PD vs. PD match. While I'm at it, I might as well give some backstory into the whole Poison Drake saga.

Tally deserves a great deal of credit for being the first to have a Level 20 Poison Drake and the first to realize just how good it was. She was the driving force behind its usage and if it weren't for her, I doubt anyone would've touched it.

quote:

Best Shadow char? Poison Drake hasn't failed me there xD

-Tally. In February.

Here are 37 additional Tally posts about how awesome Poison Drake is for some evening reading. However, it seems as though Beck would be the only one to take her seriously, whereas I wasn't even playing between December 2012 and the summer of 2013. I was around when PD was released and got it, but I didn't think all that much of it. Everyone was all like "RAH RAH BLACKDRAGON AND REVONTHEUS" and I agreed, figuring "yeah poison drake is pretty cool since it has 3 poisons but it's no blackdragon and revontheus). Now, to my credit, this was before CC's, and I'm not sure whether this was before or after Neutralize cost 3 discards (it still should tbqh).

I wouldn't have used PD at all if I hadn't seen the following post in the Shadow tournament sign-up thread:

quote:

Guess I'll play too :)
In-game name: Beck

What will I use? No clue. Maybe Poison Drake, or some of those new fangled Shadow characters I've never used...

Beck was the reigning champion at the time, having won the first and only elemental tournament up to that point (the Ice one), so I figured I should do what he said without having known who Tally was at that point. Unfortunately, Tally wasn't able to fight any of her round 1 opponents in the alloted time and got dq'd, so Beck and I would be the only ones to actually use PD in the tournament, and sure enough, PD was so strong that it got us both to the finals with me winning solely due to lucky hands. I was very surprised when Beck went down as early as he did in the Fire tournament having been in the finals in both of the others, but as amazing at this game as he is, he's ultimately out there to have fun. So he used Ogre Mage, whose massive deck proved too much of a handicap, especially when so many strong players were signed up with characters like Master Witch, LoveWeaver, and Mana Guardian.

Thinking back to all of this reinforces how much I want to be around for the next one. Although there are too many amazing players for me to count on doing well again, I really am looking forward to it!

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/11/2013 22:02:00 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
11/11/2013 22:31:18   
BJEBLE

@TFP Actually his Ogre Mage beat my Evil Jim.3 times in a row. But yeah, I didn't get it until after everyone was saying "POISON DRAKE IS SO AMAZING" so when I got I had pretty high expectations, and it did not let me down.My second favorite behind Lich(That Poison, Shield, Shield, Life Drain is one of my favorites)because Lich is really fun to use.
DF  Post #: 24
11/11/2013 22:33:06   
The Jop

@Phoenix
When Poison Drake was released Neutralize required 3 discards, which is another reason it wasn't as popular then.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers XII (Read the first post)
Page 1 of 2912345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition