Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers XII (Read the first post)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers XII (Read the first post)
Page 6 of 29«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/17/2013 12:31:25   
BJEBLE

@Char I think Warlock is saying 1200 in one attack, and if so then it's because it's boss character and meant to be more difficult than normal AI.

Messi just scored a touchdown while slamdunking it into the goal, which then triggers my trap card allowing me to score a homerun.
DF  Post #: 126
11/17/2013 12:32:43   
Char

@Bjeble: Oh, I know. I meant that he could use all those card in one turn to hit 1200.

< Message edited by Char -- 11/18/2013 14:03:17 >
Post #: 127
11/18/2013 13:56:14   
EliteWarlockz

It was one attack he did 1200 then did 500...
Post #: 128
11/18/2013 14:02:20   
Char

@EliteWarlockz: Yeah, since he is a boss he is supposed to have a harder AI.
Post #: 129
11/18/2013 19:33:43   
darkknight skull

How does the Black Dragon compare to other shadow legends like Ancient Shogun, Darkon Drago, Void Champion, Dread Fiend, and the Abomination?
Post #: 130
11/18/2013 19:37:19   
The Jop

It's less defensive, so it can't use poison as effectively, but it has the most efficient regular attack cards. That means it's better at low levels and worse at high ones.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 131
11/18/2013 19:37:54   
Char

The Black Dragon is literally a Glass Cannon. It has cards that do 600 for 4 and 300 for 2. However, its only defense is a Void Reflection and a shield card. If you add a couple of Defenses in CC it is probably the best one out there.

Without CC though, it is amazing at lower levels but gets beaten at higher levels.

< Message edited by Char -- 11/18/2013 19:49:32 >
Post #: 132
11/18/2013 21:16:05   
SGsPyzcho
Banned

Has Nulgath or any other staff member ever hinted at what the storyline (If there is going to be one) will be like or what may happen. If so can anyone link me to it. Twitter may not be official but It will help. Please and thanks.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 133
11/18/2013 21:20:53   
Kiazz

While shields are cards that usually outclass attack cards in terms of efficiency, Black Dragon is a special case. As the old adage goes, a good offense is the best defense. Due to its lower ability to rely on poisons, one of its drawbacks, it can utilize another fun aspect of shadow: empower. With an empower every turn for four turns, you get 1200, on par with poison, and for free. Therefore, adding two more empowers to it works. While charges are consumed by things like poison, VR, and MoDs, empowers are free and can consume other empowers. Rarely will you need an extra attack card with DoTs taking your charges. Also, with the implementation of combo bonuses, its offensive ability is also augmented.

Who needs defense when you can bring your opponent down in an instant? The only reason you would need defense would be to allow poison to run its full course in shadow chars, and without a massive abundance of poisons on it (which can be fixed with CC, though....I find that 3 poisons is enough for a offensive shadow char, at least..with no iron hide *shudder*). While defends are not as practical as more poisons, a few would still be pretty helpful.

The highest level we have currently is 20, or 5300 hp; not nearly enough for full poison+defends to work perfectly (again, without neutralize+iron hide :I ).

Edit: Also @above, there's something called a "Grand Quest" that might be put in...a story, I suppose

< Message edited by Kiazz -- 11/18/2013 21:24:27 >
Post #: 134
11/19/2013 1:44:58   
BJEBLE

@SG You were killed by Nulgath's minions, and you have to get 7 crystals/gems to get back your body. Something like that.
DF  Post #: 135
11/19/2013 7:59:56   
Megadragonknight

Here is the whole background story about what happened before OS begin its quests:
quote:

It stems from my character, Nulgath the Arch Fiend, who started in another Artix game, AdventureQuest Worlds. Nulgath had a secret lair that only a small population of hardcore players knew about and could actually find. He gave out quests that were extremely difficult but had great rewards.

Nulgath had a war against his apprentice, Dage the Evil. After a brutal battle, Nulgath ended up defeating Dage (at least that's how I remember it). Content with his victory in AdventureQuest Worlds, Nulgath came to the land of OverSoul to conquer a new world and devour more delicious souls. This is where you as a player begin your journey.

Essentially, you start the game already dead... Nulgath has killed you, but there's some good news: your soul escapes oblivion. You soon discover you have the ability to possess other physical beings as great as dragons or as small as a pixie and anything in between. You are an OverSoul! You hear that there are seven Crystal artifacts, imbued by ancient magic, that may hold the information you desire to restore your body and soul to their original condition. But no one knows where they are, of course. So your search begins!

Got the source from the interview Nulgath had with the MMORPG. Link.
Post #: 136
11/19/2013 13:09:38   
SGsPyzcho
Banned

@BJEBLE: Okay thank you lol that's the message that appears when you make your OverSoul. I thought that was a small character backstory but I'll keep It in mind just incase. Again thank you.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 137
11/20/2013 7:48:47   
odsey

Need help with deciding a good character.

Earth: Taurus
Light: FOunder Champion
Ice: Xmax Fiend
Fire: Evil Jim
Energy: Hex Void
Neutral: ?
Water:?
Shadow: Revontheus(is there a better replacement for him?)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 138
11/20/2013 7:55:08   
Megadragonknight

@odsey
Neutral, Orc Chieftain/taro/dire monk are great neutral character. If you want free, Orc Chieftain will be the choice. For water, Aqueous. For Shadow, Flesh Void/Void Cowboy/Void Cowgirl are great free shadow character.
Post #: 139
11/20/2013 7:57:22   
Skurge
The Dealer

odsey:

Light: Queen Aegea
Ice: Frost Queen
Energy: Volt Engineer
Neutral: Dire Monk
Water: Aqueous
Shadow: Black Dragon (I don't use Shadow, so I'm just throwing a guess here)

These are probably the best imo.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 140
11/20/2013 7:58:22   
odsey

I was thinking of abomination since I got revontheus. But the only cards that I don't have is shadow fire. Is it worth it?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 141
11/20/2013 8:27:55   
Megadragonknight

@odsey
Shadow fire is helpful when your opponent's HP is very low. Abomination's deck work almost the same as BD but without Life Drain, 1 more shield and Mark Of Death than BD. So, Abomination is quite worth it if you don't have BD since Abomination have 2 MoD and poison along with some defence which will be useful.
Post #: 142
11/20/2013 10:10:19   
  Kokujoe

Just a lil' query guys......Is it true that the next PVP tournament will be based on the element: Earth?? If so then can someone please quote the official statement, if any?

vv*Thanks a lot for the info guys!

~Kokujoe

< Message edited by kokujoe -- 11/20/2013 10:17:00 >
Post #: 143
11/20/2013 10:12:11   
Skurge
The Dealer

kokujoe:

Yes, it's going to be Earth. Not sure if you still want an official quote, but you can take my word for it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 144
11/20/2013 10:12:22   
Megadragonknight

@Kokujoe
Here's the official statement by Beck.
quote:

Also, hi people! We've decided that the next Forum Tournament element will be EARTH. We're hoping to start sign ups in the next week, and start the tournament some time around when the Earth CC packs are coming back (in 2 weeks). So if you'd like to participate (and we highly encourage you to do so!), start training up those Earth characters!
Let's do this! :D
Post #: 145
11/20/2013 11:40:28   
Fallen Crest

Is VC's hair fixed yet? Cant login atm so I'm just wondering.
AQW  Post #: 146
11/20/2013 12:15:43   
Andlu

Earth: Earth Elemental
Light: Founder champion
Ice: Xmas fiend
Fire: Infernal fiend
Neutral: Don't use those, however, monk
Water: Don't use those also, but, Beta Pirate xD
Shadow: Void Champion of course.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 147
11/20/2013 15:07:32   
legion of souls

Earth: I dont use earth :P It's noob
Light: My favorite! Queeeeeeen Aegea
Ice: Frost Queen
Energy: Lei crossbows
Neutral: Taro
Water: Beta pirate
Shadow: Dare to challenge my Skexis Fiend....

AQW Epic  Post #: 148
11/20/2013 15:16:11   
The Jop

@legion
Earth is one of the best elements. Best shield card (tied with Ice wall, but still), best combo card (1200 damage for 8 energy), best damage after 2 turns (1000 damage for 6 energy), Most damaging no cost card (800 damage in exchange for shields). It's also the only element that has a stunning card other than ice, even though it's weaker.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 149
11/20/2013 15:31:39   
SonicTbear

@odesy: Here's my list...

Light: Queen Aegea/Archpriest of Ver or if you can handle the high energy costs and want something more offensive, Templar
Ice: Frost Lycan for offense, Frost Queen for defense, but if you want something balanced, Cosoma Titan
Fire: Mana Guardian or Evil Jim and one of my personal favorites (if you have it) Headless Horseman, BUT only for fun as the first two beat it
Neutral: Taro, I think is the most offensive, but for best, sadly, (since it can make a battle last 2 hours or longer whether you want it or not) Dire Monk
Water: Quaztk Lord
Shadow: I'd say Void Cowboy/Cowgirl... or Void Champion and/or Skexis (Veteran) if you have it

< Message edited by Skurge -- 11/20/2013 15:41:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Oversoul Questions & Answers XII (Read the first post)
Page 6 of 29«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition