Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Upcoming Balance Changes (Patch 1.5.39)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Upcoming Balance Changes (Patch 1.5.39)
Page 11 of 11«<7891011
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/3/2013 8:28:07   
DarkDevil

since hp is propotional to energy then this would happen when hp is reverted back to 2 and when agility is back too and this would happen if mods think it's suitable.
AQ Epic  Post #: 251
12/3/2013 8:55:12   
kosmo

kaiseryeux21@ and kaierti1@
how do u know which class are those high ratios on the lb?
well in those pics many high ratios where of tms not bhs.

the staff nerfed the battery backup, changed assimilate, and setted the static granade to make it equal to the tm energy affecting mooves.
this is why if u nerf granade, battery or assimilate should get nerf aswell, but this wouldnt solve absolutly nothing, because it wouldnt balance all classes it would just nerf 2.
i belive that the best way to balance ALL classes, is to do what they did to bh for each class, getting all the energy drains/regains and make then on pair whit granade or assimilate+battery
Epic  Post #: 252
12/3/2013 9:05:21   
Remorse

^ Make all the classes the same...

Yay what a fun game...
Epic  Post #: 253
12/3/2013 9:08:10   
kosmo

they decided to make that the only possible solution when they remooved passives.
Epic  Post #: 254
12/3/2013 9:13:49   
Mother1

@ Kosmo

Even before this change people moaned and groaned about how this class lacked what that class had, completely forgetting that that class also lacked what their class lacked.

Sure the classes didn't have everything the others did but for what they did have and could do made up for it.

It wasn't the staff doing, it was the complaining players who brought this on. The staff listening to the players did this and even then weren't still satisfied. In reality balance wise since the staff get their info from the players when making changes the players themselves had a hand in destroying the game.
Epic  Post #: 255
12/3/2013 9:33:44   
kosmo

well i didnt make my point clear;
i wasnt adding a "fault" to the staff, since i like the change and i belive it can bring the balance ED needs since it got relised, i was just sayng that whit passives going away, even the possibility for them to stuck whit active skills goes away, that means that now each class must to have their buff , debuff and energy drain/regain skills in pair whit the other classes.
Epic  Post #: 256
12/3/2013 9:35:03   
DarkDevil

@Mother1
i think not , because mods are the ones who make the balance therefore it would not be players falt but mods for agreeing on the conplainers.

if at least 1 mod gets here to discuss we would actually get rid of the bad ideas or make some rules for no spaming so 1 to complain about 1 thing by making a new thread every hour to look like alot of ppl complaining or everyone make a new thread for the same thing would all get prevented.
so we will be able to keep the good ideas or know them to improve them.
and due to every complainer coming here and making a new thread this has became a very big choas.

what i mean is like when BMs were OP , how many threads were made for it ?

now static grenade was buffed i recall more than 10 threads being made , half of them by the same person one a day.

if there could be some participating of a mod/AK then there can be better balance.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/3/2013 9:38:29 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 257
12/3/2013 9:43:23   
kosmo

i agree, the staff should give their feedback.
but mother1@ is still right, belive me or not but the staff mostly waits for us to say them how to balance the game.
Epic  Post #: 258
12/3/2013 10:14:56   
Remorse

^
They still have the habit of blowing things either way out proportion or do nothing at all.

Like give BH a regain... yes lets just give them a skill with a net 60+ energy manipulation in their favor .....

Honestly somethings when you only hear about it is so obviously broken yet they release after testing.... (eg the azreal cores) it makes you wonder what things they test gets knocked back...

Perhaps they don't actually test the logic of the changes rather the figures of the changes.

It would explain a lot anyway.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/3/2013 10:16:51 >
Epic  Post #: 259
12/3/2013 10:34:45   
kosmo

well i also agree granade is insane, but not more ridiculus of the tm regains/drains.
i dont understand why all ppl complain ONLY about bh when tm is broken exactly in the same way, a nerf to granade will only posticipate a FAIR balance update (which i belive it will happen sooner or later).

i would not focalize on what is OP, tring to nerf that, but insted focalize on what i think needs a buff;
this may require a bigger fix, but in my opinion it gives also the best resoults.

Epic  Post #: 260
12/3/2013 11:45:56   
Remorse

^ Yeh I agree,

With assimilation mages can get the same effect as well.

only they need to invest in high asim and high battery.

But still they both need to be looked into.
Epic  Post #: 261
12/3/2013 12:30:34   
ValkyrieKnight

I would propose that BH and CH swapped energy draining skills and return Reflex boost to the way it was. Its unanimous that Cyber is by far the weakest class. I didn't have any problems with energy until reflex's energy regain was removed (BM) being forced to invest in a half-assed energy regain skill (energy parasite) is pretty lame imo.
AQW Epic  Post #: 262
12/3/2013 12:32:19   
Altador987

so the static grenade and static charge?
AQW Epic  Post #: 263
12/3/2013 13:08:34   
...NDS...

Maybe you can give bm the new assimilation or improve energy parasite the skill its a bit useless
Post #: 264
12/3/2013 13:21:11   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Altador

The new energy drain should go to Cyber and Emp stay with bounty, the reason why BM needed energy drain was because it was the only class that could neither skill to regain energy nore drain opponents (no reflex boost is not their energy regain skill) but it was a decent substitute. With smoke being as powerful as it is along side emp being so strong I'd have to scratch my head at anyone who claims bounty was ever weak since Omega.

That reduction of strength weapon wise is a good cap to counter BM, I feel it but I'm not complaining. BM's ability to abuse strength, along side tact, tm and merc have been sorted. Now we're dealing with tech abuse that not many are in uproar about.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 12/3/2013 13:22:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 265
12/3/2013 14:11:44   
Altador987

that's because gameplay for bounties hasn't changed, bounties were using the same focus build with the regular emp and having trouble because other classes would just steal mp and regain and now they were added to the list... but that's not really what i was talking about i was talking about cyber hunter you said give them the static grenade so they'd be able to regain mp and then steal and regain it as well?
AQW Epic  Post #: 266
12/4/2013 4:38:12   
RageSoul

Mercenary has always been an underdog class . Even before Delta, from Leaderboards ( in the top 15 , most of the players there weren't even Mercs and if they were , they wouldn't have a +90% ratio ) to build versatility ( no DEX scalings , very vulnerable to drains and a passive that utterly makes you easy to be manipulated Rage-wise , etc. ) to NPC boss fights ( lack of EP regain , armor only reliable if you're able to last enough , which in turn you won't ) , they can do other things but they're lacking the efficiency on each area . Want a strong EP drain ? Don't bother go into it . Want to deal excellent damage ? There's always the other classes to do it , and in fact , better at dealing it and even benefit from doing it .

This is what i see so far from every single change so i might be wrong in the next few changes .
AQW Epic  Post #: 267
12/4/2013 5:15:47   
Pemberton

1) Bounty - tech too good, static (really?), too good with sword (no use for claws)
2) Tech Mage - caster too strong (esp. with poison)
3) Tactical - it is balance (improve blood shield)
4) Blood Mage- it is balance (energy parasite increase by 5%)
5) Mercenary - all skills are blockable, adrenaline trash? rush
6) Cyber - bad bad synergy, boring class (replace all skills)
Post #: 268
12/4/2013 6:22:36   
DarkDevil

it's no doupt that emp needs to scale with lvls (the way it was)
ch static charge needs to improve but not as % but as effect , as trans suggestion of the regain to ignore 50% of enemy armor , on the other hand it should be blockable but the block will not affect retaurned energy.
so it won't be abused by str builds nor useless for defensive builds or against tank builds.

merc static smash needs to be unblockable since all other drain or regain skills are unblockable.

tlm yeh needs for hp to armor to increase to 1.25 so 12 hp is 15 armor

bm parasite needs to be of the max energy so it will be reliable yet this means no more 1.5 regain but just 1.

tlm assimilation needs to be reworked so 20 str will no longer take 20 energy.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/4/2013 6:32:43 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 269
12/12/2013 17:33:19   
BadWitch

Don't you think bh are a bit oped???
Epic  Post #: 270
12/12/2013 21:33:05   
edwardvulture

You know what I don't get? Where certain abilities are plain "superior" for example Static Grenade is an EMP grenade that costs 0 energy and gives you energy back. Also, the sae goes with atom smash and static smash.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 271
12/12/2013 22:25:00   
GearzHeadz

Atom smash costs energy.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 272
12/13/2013 1:52:38   
Remorse

I agree edward though my stamina point suggestion fixes that if you would care to check it out in the suggestions.
Epic  Post #: 273
12/14/2013 17:17:20   
newtena

heres how the game seems to work, the higher level always wins but luck comes along and changes that sometimes. the higher levels are trampling the lower level me i hate to admit that is why don't play because winning is out of my reach unless i level up or is the higher level but then it feels like its no fair. i thought that the stats could give us a rate of points each turn that we search for efficiency and power combine with a lot of health maybe 200 then we could try to figuring out each turn efficient ways to use the skills points in bttle which are replenish able each turn and a certain amount of points can be used each turn depending on the level deference.
just a ore approved. and vulnerable suggestion

30 vs 30 has points use cap per turn 12, 25 vs 30 has points 10. the maxed amount of points can be used per turn for each player. this will solve the level difference and overpowering., taking place.

brains over level inherit stat points difference used in strength difference.

< Message edited by newtena -- 12/14/2013 17:34:24 >
Post #: 274
12/14/2013 17:47:08   
newtena

we have to take notice that some people might not know best for the game so take note not them but the majority which sometimes can be uncommonly outstanding and correct.
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Upcoming Balance Changes (Patch 1.5.39)
Page 11 of 11«<7891011
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition