Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Upcoming Balance Changes (Patch 1.5.39)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Upcoming Balance Changes (Patch 1.5.39)
Page 6 of 11«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/16/2013 7:14:13   
axell5

thats for 1v1, but wbu 2v2....
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 126
11/16/2013 7:20:32   
Variation

@kaiseryeux21
I really don't believe Tech Mage are OP I have next to no trouble beating them. They're useless without their energy which is why I have a decent level of static grenade. I liked the nerf to TM and I feel as if the class is finally balanced.

Also removing technician is a very bad idea. Not all tech mages are running builds with 100+ tech, so why should the other mages have to suffer?

< Message edited by Variation -- 11/16/2013 7:24:10 >
Post #: 127
11/16/2013 7:28:54   
kaiseryeux21

@var, perhaps you're right. I haven't think of other TM's not using the caster build. I don't hate caster TM, infact my original class is TM and I too used to be a caster TM. But that was before. It was the time when plasma bolt and plasma rain both boost from tech. At some point it was a deadly combination especially in 2 vs 2. But given that super charge ignores a % of your opponents resistance and a 30% life steal is very very disturbing in my opinion. And the nerf on assimilation doesn't really had a huge effect because the truth is, TM used assimilation defensively and not offensively. so the 50% life steal isn't really a problem.
DF Epic  Post #: 128
11/16/2013 7:42:17   
martinsen5

@Variation, Great feeling to throw that Static Grenade as soon as they use Battery Backup
AQW Epic  Post #: 129
11/16/2013 8:08:30   
kaierti1
Banned

hey people just i dont know what to do. last week tm got hard... and now they decreased, now bh is strong, what will be next week update? i dont want waste my credits. im waiting to new update. im bm and weakest. no strategy in game. bored. :(
Post #: 130
11/16/2013 8:39:14   
...NDS...

@Kaierti1

Bro i do not think Blood Mage are weak at all , you could try and make a tech build for bunker in a way would work a bit like Tech Mage tech builds .
Post #: 131
11/16/2013 9:59:44   
Altador987

so cyber hunter didn't get too much love lol honestly i think cys need some new skills because the only logical stats seem to be of that with a focus of good strength with the others following but that's really boring has anyone found any interesting new builds out of it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 132
11/16/2013 10:20:11   
JackBilly

Please, make items skills locked for changes
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 133
11/16/2013 11:04:36   
martinsen5

@kaierti1, BH was never particularly weak, just depends on what build you have. Same goes for other classes, try and find what build works best for your BM, instead of class jumping every Friday :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 134
11/16/2013 12:01:09   
Drayer King

ugh is it just me or we cant retrain....
Epic  Post #: 135
11/16/2013 12:09:51   
Altador987

click on the button you would to get varium and the retrain button is on the bottom left row (the icon is called the upgrade shop and you'll find it)
AQW Epic  Post #: 136
11/16/2013 12:14:54   
Mother1

As I pointed out in a thread I made this update didn't help with balance at all. It only served to weaken offensive players who use strength and/or support while indirectly buffing anyone who uses a tank build.

The reasons for this are as clear as day, but I will explain it for those who don't see it.

This update was suppose to make battles longer by nerfing damage sources in the hopes of adding planning. However what the staff failed to do was nerf moves that improve with dex and tech. They only nerfed strength and support which is what offensive builds use for power while leaving tank builds the same. By doing this they indirectly buffed tanks since they not only left their damage output the same, but nerfed any other build that doesn't use dex and tech moves to fight with.

In a nutshell this means that Tanks now have not only have their defensive power, but they take less damage especially from offensive builds, and can still dish out the same damage as before due to their damage source not getting nerfed. This is why people are still having trouble with Caster TM's, Tech bounties, and every other tanky build. This needs to be addressed ASAP.

Next problem is the luck factors.

Crits took a nerf in power by 1/3 and they also lost the extra power they give. It went from 4-7 to 3-5. Add the fact that they nerfed weapons damage by 2 points and crits have taken a 3rd indirect nerf. However blocks and deflections which are defensive luck factors not only remain the same, but in the process got an indirect buff due to the attacks that work with these factors getting nerfed. That is right Strength and support attacks are the only ones that have to go through blocks and deflections. No moves with dex, and the majority of tech moves (Robots and BH smokescreen being the exceptions) has to go through blocks or deflections.

This right here means that anyone who wants to go offensive and not tank has to worry about Deflections, and Blocks (Artillery strike being the exception), which are even more crippling than before due offensive builds getting nerfed where as Tank builds that work with Dex and tech can freely use their moves without worry of negative luck factors and when a crit does hit them due to the nerfs to not only the amount the crit would ignore and the extra damage that is given, and the fact that certain attacks (strength and/or support attacks) where nerfed the tanks can cope with them better.

Originally blocks and deflections were to keep offensive builds in check so they wouldn't go destroying everything with their power. However now thanks to this update they are even worse than before because you do less damage and these effects weren't changed to match the nerfs.
Epic  Post #: 137
11/16/2013 12:43:24   
kaierti1
Banned

martinsen5, i have 5 focus build but there are many bh in 1 v 1 and im losing. look. he is stealing me energy and he is full im empty. look at this pic. http://s019.radikal.ru/i601/1311/5f/19acc7e948bf.jpg

he using smoke. then i reflex boost. then using emp and i dont have energy. he is full. and then im losing without energy. i dont play anymore 1 v 1 till friday new update. because there are so many bounty hunters and i cant win over them. only left 2 v 2 shich is bad too now but better than 1 v 1 :( i am so sad.

http://image.geotorrents.com/images/95078434786680581774.png
2 v 2 starting with unfair game. i have 31 partner against 2 bounty hunters. this game suc.s so much now. no 1v1 no 2v2 no jugg. nothing left

< Message edited by kaierti1 -- 11/16/2013 12:47:24 >
Post #: 138
11/16/2013 12:53:41   
Elite Tuga

@ Rabblefroth & Everyone Else
Hi, I'm back. Just wanted to point out that, Bounty Hunters deserved a buff up considering they were underdogs, but as many are aware like myself, this last update gave them a bit too much power (considering that some skills like; Battery, Assimilation & Static Smash got nerfed to a reasonable level) here's why:
Static Grenade; Steals 50% of w/e they drain from the enemy Energy pool, it costs 0 (no sacrifice) & plus it improves with Tech, so B. Hunter Tanks, focus 5 are most likely going to be the way forward as the main build. Unless they get nerfed reasonably.

To improve fairness static grenade should be:
4 cool-downs rather than just 3 (like Battery Backup).
Static Grenade shouldn't improve with anything. If it should then make it improve with support or just let it remain as Tech, but make it go up 1+ stat 'Static Grenade energy steal points' every 5.5 rather than 4.5 Tech points.

Outcome:
That should even out more against other classes with Energy gain/steal skills like Tech's & Tac. Merc's for example who use Battery Backup pointlessly now, because Hunters remove more energy than what Tech's & Tac. Merc's gain with Battery & not only that but they are 1 step ahead with 1 less cool-down too, making B. Backup near useless against Bounties. So static grenade needs 1 extra cool-down, deducting & or sacrificing in order to use its new ability more modestly.

P.s: Everything else is better, good job ED Team!
Epic  Post #: 139
11/16/2013 13:09:33   
kaierti1
Banned

i dont understand that titan saying about big balance. what is balance? where is balance? this is only sh.. because some classes are strongest some classes are so weak. it is balance? check facebook statuses how many person give up this game. last week tech mage got op matt 1000 change to tm and winning chance was 90% and more. that means 9 wins of 10 games. and now he is bounty hunter. this is balance? what about other classes?. u doing such. u powering the weak class to op and then decreasing. it is balance? what about are u thinking when saying that this is balance. this is nothing. wake up. every update getting worth only. this game make only worst. check alpha, beta, gamma and delta times. there were 3k people online always. now in midday there is only 265-300 people. exile vs legion im meeting and battling always same people. its annoying. everything got bat. 1 v 1 2 v 2 and jugg, people didnt getting pleasure play this game. why are u thinking about this? u sleeping? what are u doing im interesting. all says that ed is bad, suc.s, give up. its result of ur work. u are doing everything bad. everything. lazy and close game always. now bh players are quiet becuse they enhanced but they were weaker, as bm got weaker, as merc, as ch noone increasing. idk what is that. do what people want!!!! noone wants to give up this game but noone likes this updates!!! change and think about other something details. we are tired, bored and annoyed. this poison bot is very op only this robot is killing me why are u decreasing this? or make this robot buyable where is it? im so sad about ed. i dont feeling good to play this game. u are killing epicduel thats what u are doing. next week bh will be decreased. then again other class increase and after next again decrease. this is balance? shame on u titan and nightwraith and who thinking updates about this game.

look that numbers. 1 vs 1 leading only 252 wins. 2 v 2 115 wins. and jugg only 62 wins. ed is almost empty

< Message edited by kaierti1 -- 11/16/2013 13:14:22 >
Post #: 140
11/16/2013 13:12:59   
martinsen5

@kaierti1, I'm not that familiar with how other classes work, but from what I know BM has access to Energy Parasite, which you probably should use right after a BH uses Static Grenade. Much like a BH, BMs also have their way of both draining and gaining energy, though I can agree that my BHs' 5 focus build is now stronger than ever and I don't lose a lot to say the least.
AQW Epic  Post #: 141
11/16/2013 13:17:59   
kaierti1
Banned

martinsen5, there is only 15% and look. 62- 15% is 9 energy. 30- 15% is 4 energy and then u getting 2 energy because bh wasting energy on mark of blood and then u cant get many energy from him. calculate lets 9+4+2 this is only 15 energy from 62. and u cant heal with 15 energy. energy parasite is nothing. weakest skill. what about are u thinking? no deadly aim, no bloodlust. no protect, no strength, nothing.

bh is good, tm is good. tlm is good. left 3 classes. blood mage, mercenary and cyber hunter. titan saying its balance and it is not balance. left 3 classes for enhance!!! and we are hope they will do this. 3 classes got weaest 3 classes got strongest. what balance are u talking about. i lose 6 and won 0 against bounty hunters.

< Message edited by kaierti1 -- 11/16/2013 13:21:13 >
Post #: 142
11/16/2013 13:21:08   
Xamurai

This is one of the few times i am posting anything...
You have lost over 3000 daily players, epic and exile always used to be full due to the game being FUN, i personally believe that integrating the HP and MP+ Enhancements for different weapons from Delta times, I miss the old days, the good times, when the game was fun! Support merc and str merc! The gamma times, new exciting updates!! Beta!! Who could forget those days of pure fun! Delta, the dawn of the new classes, so much variation in strategies!
~Omega, bleak, dull, repetitive, annoying, pathetic, By far the worst phase..

On behalf of the ED community as a whole, and believe me i speak for 99.9% of us, BRING BACK THE GOOD TIMES!
AQW Epic  Post #: 143
11/16/2013 20:55:07   
lionblades

All this update did was buff BH ugh...time to take a break
AQW  Post #: 144
11/16/2013 21:14:37   
goldslayer1

quote:

BATTLE DURATION
In general we feel that battles are ending a little too quickly, especially in 1v1. With so few turns available in the average fight, strategic options become limited, and certain events in battle such as critical strikes and blocks have a bit too much impact.

In order to help extend the duration of battle, we're making a couple of key changes:

10 months..... thats how long it took the balance team to figure this out... when i had warned you of this 13 months ago before omega was released.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 11/16/2013 21:20:32 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 145
11/16/2013 21:43:06   
Rayman
Banned

kaierti1:
Use energy Parasite after they Static Nade you and can you see what does someone feel when is getting killed by the dominant class, same thing you did, killing others while bm was OP.
AQW Epic  Post #: 146
11/17/2013 5:52:05   
lampur1

kaierti you should be quiet with ur bm is UP.
it has been sayed in youre last post that its your fault that your build is bad although cyber is bretty weak but they got a great buff and merc is still not weak >.<
i do understand that str and support got a nerf but people sayed in your post that other bm do struggle but there are some very good once ask for a build from those who are not having a bad time :3

< Message edited by lampur1 -- 11/17/2013 5:56:43 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 147
11/17/2013 10:50:36   
Altador987

just sayin the only class i feel bad for when i use my bounty is a cy hunter, of course the other classes aren't perfect but i can't see for the life of me what's wrong with blood mages as i've fought some with very interesting stats that actually work.... so far in 1v1 i see a lot of the same thing either a lot of strength and hp or a lot of strength, support, and hp and all people seem to expect is it'll be a 3 turn match due to the fact that i should be so strong that defense doesn't matter and they nerfed it down a little and now you have to think a little longer and people are upset hence "the game sucks"

i'm really glad @lampur brought up the varium advantages because i instantly noticed the begin of decline in players once varium wasn't ridiculously overpowered. i'm not quite sure of the deal on mercs it seems more have gone back to the support shtick... idk why as the tech build wouldve still worked and they didn't nerf atom smasher (or did they), not much change in tact merc either exceot for a poison to be added with the support build
AQW Epic  Post #: 148
11/17/2013 12:33:48   
kaierti1
Banned

lol guys what about u are talking? bm is weakest. if someone want i will make video and watch that im weaker than bh and than tech mage and than merc and almost all classes. because i have nothing. bh is really op. i calculated and look at: imagine dragon won 101 and lose only 10. 91% win rate chance. that means bh winning 9 battles of 10. it is so many.
Post #: 149
11/17/2013 13:25:35   
Drianx

I doubt posting here will have any benefit, anyway..

CH has mostly become a Tech Mage, but with much weaker class-specific skills.

Seriously, is there any balance team left, or we should wait another couple of months for Rabble to finish other stuff in order to take a look at balance again?
AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Upcoming Balance Changes (Patch 1.5.39)
Page 6 of 11«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition