Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= November 14th, 2013 - Big Balance Bonanza

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 14th, 2013 - Big Balance Bonanza
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/15/2013 19:51:10   
Mother1

@ Valkyrie

Overpowered combo for energy regain.

Someone using reflex boost would get energy whenever they are attack, plus having their opponent gets there energy drained from energy parasite? Sorry but that is an OP combo that can be looped for almost limitless energy.

Epic  Post #: 26
11/15/2013 20:24:40   
Noobatron x3000

Ok so you didn't kill mages if anything you buffed them surprisingly didn't hurt battery that much and the loss of return on energy to assimilate is off set by the buffed amount of energy taken .Making the mage a lot more powerful for my play style so ty for that .

Everything seems ok so far balance wise

However I do have reservations about a no cost unblockable emp that returns mana I think its a bit much yes your doing no damage but your taking your opponents mana weakening their position where as some classes have to waste a turn to replace decent mana . Honestly I wouldn't say its completely broken mages are still fine just saying . I will say honestly bms seem underpowered atm.
Post #: 27
11/15/2013 21:41:07   
Pemberton

Only people saying BMs are underpowered are the class changers BM who want the attack attack attack bloodlust deadly aim bludgeon BM lol.
Glad the passives are gone because that was one of the worst imbalances ever.
Post #: 28
11/15/2013 21:52:24   
Noobatron x3000

^ not a bm anymore haven't been for awhile .

But they are underpowered their the only toon with a garbage emp and garbage way of getting mana back . The only decent build they really have nymore is tech + plasma cannon the rest are garbage vs the other classes. And their top of their game build is not on par with what the other classes can do not by a long shot !
Post #: 29
11/16/2013 2:20:05   
Pemberton

Energy parasite is garbage??? omg...
Post #: 30
11/16/2013 2:48:08   
Jekyll

It's always funny how a CASTER TM comes up to me in 2v2 and tells me "I have reservations about your build". Of course he's going to have reservations about every build when his is OP. LOL.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
11/16/2013 3:20:46   
Noobatron x3000

Casters aren't op lmao im tired of people trying to get stuff nerfed for their own gains no wonder this game is dying /sigh
Post #: 32
11/16/2013 8:32:13   
Predator9657

@Jekyll. That's hilarious xD
Epic  Post #: 33
11/17/2013 14:34:22   
MrBones

Well well. This is the biggest balance changes I have seen since I started playing this game. I would like to comment on many things and have your opinions as well.

I believe this update will affects players in many ways not noticeable right off the bat:

1) Longer battles means less wins per hours. So less credits farmed. This is a big nerf to free to play players. On that same train of thoughts, this means that it will be harder to get influence in the war to gain ranks, harder to become emperor, grand emperor etc. Who asked for longer 1vs1 fights ?? I for sure never complained about it and everybody I have been talking to ingame have the same opinion. I wonder where the devs got that idea. Players that want longer fights can go do 2vs2 or jug.

2) Jugg fights are now really hard, close to impossible. This will need adjustment for sure

3) Including in that new rebalance is another support nerf. I lost count on how many nerfs it as been since the last 2 years.

4) It seems to me that I am forced to play 5 focus builds and it's been so since Omega. I don't like how the game is now cornering me to do exactly as 'the plan'. I want quick fights, can't have them. I want a crazy spamming build with a good chance to win, can't have it. I want to quickly get win wins for upgrading (for free) some gear with credits, can't do it. I want lots of wins to raise my rank, forget about it. I want nice pairing in 2vs2 for an even match, stop dreaming.

5) I like the new artwork for the move icons.

Am I on the right track guys or just crazy.

Thanks
DBag
Epic  Post #: 34
11/17/2013 19:19:53   
Stabilis

quote:

1) Longer battles means less wins per hours. So less credits farmed. This is a big nerf to free to play players.

When varium/credits was a topic you always vouched for a better value of varium, less credits. Now you are vouching for free players the same way I had until it was finally the time for the Omega update. What gives? You were always the pro-varium anti-credits guy, or 1 of them anyways.

I say the harder it is for free players to earn credits, the more valuable varium is when you convert both of them into time spent playing EpicDuel.
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
11/17/2013 21:56:06   
Noobatron x3000

well I guess ill be back when they fix bhes :/ not class changing again because something is ridiculously more powerful then anything else . Hope they fix the emp soon and how it works far to well with smoke .
Post #: 36
11/17/2013 22:39:19   
Jekyll

Mr Bones I definitely agree with you. Right now, 1v1 takes up to 10 minutes (it has happened on a few occasions for me), 2v2 slightly more if it's filled wih TLM vs BH vs TM.

I for one won't be playing as much now. I no longer have the time, and even if I do, its not worth it. Less than 10 1v1 wins an hour as a TLM is too few.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
11/18/2013 2:02:45   
ValkyrieKnight

quote:

Mother1

@ Valkyrie

Overpowered combo for energy regain.

Someone using reflex boost would get energy whenever they are attack, plus having their opponent gets there energy drained from energy parasite? Sorry but that is an OP combo that can be looped for almost limitless energy.

You gotta be kidding me right? That's 2 turns just to get a decent amount of energy(don't forget Reflex cost energy and to not have it near max is a waste of a turn) assuming your opponent has or is going to attack you. There are far too many energy regaining skills that'll grant you a huge amount of energy at once while BMs have to wait patiently for theirs. BH/Cybers will drain 40 something energy from you and take 20 something for themselves, Tact/Tech will get 39 I think all at once while tact merc can drain and tech has 2 energy regan skills, Merc can knock out 40 themselves and having reflex boost give energy is OP? I just don't see this at all. No I find it unfair to get debuffed and then drained without any way to counter than to waste a turn doing low dmg with energy parasite.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 11/18/2013 2:04:49 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
11/18/2013 2:14:42   
Mother1

@ Valkyrie

You are still gaining 15% of whatever damage you would get as energy, as well as taking 15% of your opponent's energy. So for 3 turns you are draining your opponents energy and for 4 turns you would be getting energy back from whatever attacks your opponents throw at you.

Sorry but depending on who your fighting that can be even more potent than the assimilation battery backup combo, and even that doesn't have a 3-4 turn loop.
Epic  Post #: 39
11/18/2013 6:19:58   
axell5

um reflex boost doesn't recover energy anymore...
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 40
11/18/2013 6:39:52   
ReinVI

yup reflex = bonus dex w/ no energy regain on being smacked around and by the sounds of this update I'm probably not even going to bother logging in if they went and broke bounty hunters.... again
Epic  Post #: 41
11/18/2013 12:56:34   
HydroMonk

I C the light ... Static Grenade ...yeah Bounty_s
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition