Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= November 15th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.39

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 15th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.39
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/15/2013 21:38:46   
Pemberton

The last thing this game needed, was longer battles, with the same credits -_-
Post #: 26
11/15/2013 21:41:43   
GearzHeadz

@Jekyll, you're describing what most classes have been put through for the longest time.
They'll balance it though. The main thing I see problems with is the grenade, I'm a Bh myself and am admitting this. It should be inbetween assimilation and atom smash.
My proposed way of balancing it is leaving the drain as it is, but returning 25% of ep.

And using the logic of that not putting all skill points into a single skill, that's the way most bounties are doing it as well, not putting all their points into smoke or MoB.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
11/15/2013 21:42:47   
Mother1

@ Noobatron

So basically you are saying that all TM's should go to the abusive caster build to compete with Tech BH? When before most TM builds could compete with them? Sounds about right.

@ Jekyll

This update destroyed my build when it comes to defensive builds. Especially Tech BH. The fact that smokescreen works with a defensive buff while the others work with offensive buffs while defenses got a buff has overpowered smokescreen. For the sake of balance I think it should be moved to support.
Epic  Post #: 28
11/15/2013 21:44:23   
GearzHeadz

@Mother1, do you really want that? Imagine support bounties, first-striking smoke, MoB, massive hit from a physical aux. And the crits associated with that.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
11/15/2013 21:48:24   
Noobatron x3000

^ smoke improves with tech aux has a 3 turn cool down gl making that work :P you'd either have no defence or no damage aside from aux so no it wouldn't make bh's op it couldn't be abused effectively.

@mother

Its just the rise of the tanks casters tank well the offence builds had their time for far to long.
Post #: 30
11/15/2013 21:48:58   
Mother1

@ gearzheadz

Offense also received a nerf as well remember that. Before with the old update I could agree with you, but due to defenses getting buffed and offenses getting nerfed even if they did do that, they still leave themselves open.

As it is now they can debuff you for high amounts while still having good defenses where as none of the other classes can't do that. Plus the static grenade, good robot damage, and many other things is making Tech BH extremely powerful.

@ Noobratron

Even so that doesn't change the fact that tech BH got a massive buff from this update. The staff is talking about increasing planning as well as variety, but how is nerfing offense while buffing defenses doing this? It is punishing anyone who doesn't decide to tank.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 11/15/2013 21:51:49 >
Epic  Post #: 31
11/15/2013 21:51:43   
GearzHeadz

@Mother1, level 5 support techie can debuff that as well, but they can't get health the way BHs can. As I said before with static grenade, let it keep the damage, but only give 25% energy return.

I'm also not tanking, but am doing well. MoB seems to need to cost a little bit more, they lowered the energy cost by what, 4 points? Probably should of only lowered it by 2.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 11/15/2013 21:54:32 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
11/15/2013 21:54:30   
Ranloth
Banned

The point of EMP Grenade change was to give them reliable way to get Energy back, not more powerful Energy draining skill. Just bring it - in terms of power - just below Static Smash. Why? Smash requires you to use a Club AND can be blocked. Return wise, buff it to 75%. So ~same skill but works a bit different.
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
11/15/2013 22:06:39   
Jekyll

Compared to the monstrosity of a balance update that was last week, I would give this week's changes a 6.5/10.

Some issues have not been addressed yet, while others insufficiently. Some classes have been pushed further down, but in general the gap between the best classes have closed slightly.

Here are the power rankings for the classes:
1) TM (no change)
2) BH (on virtue of their new skill which trumps BM)
3) BM (because Strength builds and Tech builds still do decently well)
4) Merc (only a Tech-Bunker is still decent)
5) TLMs (few viable builds left)
6) CH (buffed static charge still doesn't solve many problems)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
11/15/2013 22:13:01   
CN2025

any one notice that mirv cant retrain us any more ..??
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
11/15/2013 22:14:29   
GearzHeadz

^Its in the upgrade shop, no NPCs train anymore.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
11/15/2013 22:14:56   
Noobatron x3000

^ I disagree partly

1)Tm (no change)
2)BH (what you said)
3)merc (can do ok with bunker + tech and or focus 5)
4)tlm (focus / moderate strength and or tech + SS tankd out and heal loop they are pretty decent still)
5) Bms (Even the strength builds are pretty much garbage now all the above classes can deal with them with little to no difficulty if used correctly, I think its due to the fact their emp is pretty weak and their just isn't much their with offence being nerfed since that class only really ever had offence)
6) CH (as always complete garbage skill tree is a joke nuff said)

Post #: 37
11/15/2013 22:19:34   
GearzHeadz

^Really? A well placed parasite can be very effective. Gives time for you to push as well. They either allow their energy to stay low, that's when you push, or regain and then the BM gets more in return.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 38
11/15/2013 22:22:23   
Noobatron x3000

^ Not hard to deal with emp em instantly or before they can do anything with it . Its garbage as is most of what they have now I don't think ive lost to one since the update last Friday well apart from the one that crit me all but one turn .
Post #: 39
11/15/2013 22:25:09   
GearzHeadz

^But like I said, now that it gives energy back, even if they get emp'd that just means they'll start draining more.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
11/15/2013 22:25:22   
Noobatron x3000

well that's great but they'll be dead before they can do anything with it after the assimilation im speaking from my own personal experience though facing them

< Message edited by Noobatron x3000 -- 11/15/2013 22:26:40 >
Post #: 41
11/15/2013 22:27:15   
GearzHeadz

You're right, parasite needs better draining abilities.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 42
11/15/2013 22:29:56   
Jekyll

Energy Parasite is a VERY strategic move. Those who don't know how to use it will find themselves losing a lot, but for those who do, it's a different story. Its beauty lies in how the more energy your opponent has, the more you drain from him. This keeps the energy low on the opponent and high on the BM. Pretty solid skill, and that is why BM is by no means in the bottom half of the classes.

BM seems weaker than it was before, but that was because it used to be incredibly OP too. Its like winning a football match 10-0, and then winning the next one 3-0. Seems like it has weakened, but it still gets the job done. Parasite should be left as it is for the time being; focus should be on other skills.

-----

IMO the +4 boost on Assimilation was unnecessary. The issue is not with TM draining too little. It's with them regaining too much and too quickly. So, the regain was cut by half. Not too bad, but TMs still regain a lot through Battery. Combined, after the update they still regain pretty large amounts despite the nerfs, but why let them drain more too?

< Message edited by Jekyll -- 11/15/2013 22:33:25 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
11/15/2013 22:43:18   
Noobatron x3000

^ I disagree battery was hit pretty hard and with the new emps everyone got they are not vastly op now at all

Assimilate is fine it didn't get nerfed or buffed

battery got hit pretty hard but tms can still compete with the other classes at the top of their game

Any more nerfs and tms are likely to start to struggle and it will just have everyone class changing to bh so nothing would be achieved by it.
Post #: 44
11/15/2013 22:53:45   
charwelly

I feel the new bh move instead of emp grenade seems quite OP to me, taking energy then receiving,same with assimilate.

1v1 is pretty much impossible for me now due to the increase in tech mages and bounty hunters.
2v2 is all I have now.
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
11/15/2013 23:01:14   
Jekyll

Well, my alt (level 34 TM) just took down Dravax (500HP boss) without any NPC help.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
11/16/2013 0:33:02   
SouL Prisoner

The changes are quite refreshing. I was quite bored with all same kinds of builds, nothing new...etc. Quite satisfied with the update, except the fact that now skill cores require energy to use. I wish they do something about this. Too less energy, plenty of skill/core to use. The battles are still too short.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
11/16/2013 1:19:40   
Jekyll

I finally found a build that can defeat those pesky Caster TMs!! Dr Jekyll works his magic!!!!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 48
11/16/2013 1:32:20   
Silver Sky Magician

^

What class is that build for? And has any CH beaten a Caster TM of the same level without ridiculous luck/ridiculous opponent stupidity?

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 11/16/2013 1:33:04 >
Post #: 49
11/16/2013 1:59:25   
santonik

This sound maybe odd but.......

Try high energy builds (atleast over 120+ energy)
Maybe there can be found something interesting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someworks but bloodmages energy steal move need limit/cap/or something other balance. (im not sure is those all rigth words)

Yes i have now test build 161 energy (win ration is 50-60%) not bad those energy.
Bloodmage can leech my energy over 60 energy ( 3 x about 20 )
It is extreme high leeching to other player.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bot
Pyrofly is very good now !!! not the damage but that special is very usefull.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boyntyhunters EMP is very dangerous now. This must fix (balance)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Techmage

high lvl battery and 3lvl plasmabolt is very hard counter. (dont forgot assimilation)
Sometimes infinite heal looping is broplem !!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= November 15th, 2013 - Patch Notes - 1.5.39
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition