Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Complete Stat Overhaul.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Complete Stat Overhaul.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/19/2013 7:42:13   
Remorse

Stat Improvement changes:

Strength:
-Increases Primary damage.
-Increases 50% of robot damage. (other 50% improves by tech)
-Reduces the effectiveness of blocks *new*(blocks will still reduce most damage, with high strength you can still deal up to 25% of the attack)

Dexterity :
-Increases defense
-Increases side-arm damage
-reduce the chance to be blocked (this does not include increase the chance to block opponents)

Technology:
-Increases resistance
-Increases 50% robot damage
-Increase the chance to deflect
-Reduce the chance to be deflected

Support:
-Increases auxiliary damage
-Increases chance to crit
-Reduces chance to receive a crit
-Increases chance to start
-Increases rage gain
-Increases chance to block
-increases rage gain.

Focus:
-No longer increases robot damage (instead robots have their own standard weapon damage similar to primary damage)
-Increases Field medic by 2 per focus (if currently you heal 40, first heal will be reduced to 35 and then increase by 2 per focus so 45 for a 5 focus champ and 35 for 0 focus)
-Increases "standard damage" which includes things such as the toxic grenade initial damage, the frostbite core damage etc.)

Result:
-Robot is harder to abuse as it is controlled by 2 stats and would require a reasonable investment in both to be strong.
-Dexterity get its own 0 cost damage source but as a result loses the ability to block more.
-People who rely on blockables (strength builds) now get a slightly lessened impact with the reduce block effectiveness, but doesn't stop them blocking and therefore still requires them to invest in dexterity.
-Support now control most of luck benefits, however with things such as reduce block effectiveness will mean the luck is less powerful.
-Focus now improves heal making it a bonus for balanced builds and less effective for spammers, making defense spammers actually require to invest in HP or focus rather then be super tanky an heal loop.
-Focus build lose robot damage but gain in other ways in the form of stronger heals and "standard damage"
-With the damage reduction from focus build their will be less of a need to either spam or have 5 focus and therefore increase build flexibility and hopefully increase creativity and viability.

-The game makes more seance! Gun is improved by dex which makes way more seance, robots are increased by technology and the strength of the robot rather then focus..

What do you guys think?? Do you think their are any obvious flaws?

I also plan on making a new core-skill tree synergy system soon if you guys are interested.

Thanks, Remorse Less.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 11/19/2013 21:09:58 >
Epic  Post #: 1
11/19/2013 11:04:42   
Stabilis

quote:

What do you guys think?? Do you think their are any obvious flaws?

I would really prefer if you can remove that abomination "Focus" altogether. Do you think you can do that? By the way, hello again Remorseless.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
11/19/2013 11:43:42   
Mother1

While I do agree that stats need an overhaul, The first thing they need to do before that is fix the scaling. Offense is worth less than defense, and with the last update this is now even worse.
Epic  Post #: 3
11/19/2013 14:54:42   
TheRandomGuyYouSee

They've been trying since Beta to get it right, they're bound to get it right eventually.
Post #: 4
11/19/2013 21:02:26   
Remorse

quote:

I would really prefer if you can remove that abomination "Focus" altogether. Do you think you can do that? By the way, hello again Remorseless.

Hey depressed :) I can somewhat agree with not liking focus all together but I figure the game is in too deep with this one, persides the changes I made to focus make it only minute, it will mean balanced builds get a slightly stronger heal which is a good thing because it means spamming build have increased downsides to take into consideration.
And the Standard damage increase will also be minute, I added focus to it so we can actually visualize the whole concept better, it makes no seance to just do damage without saying what improves it or how it works in terms of damage.

quote:

While I do agree that stats need an overhaul, The first thing they need to do before that is fix the scaling. Offense is worth less than defense, and with the last update this is now even worse

I think the idea of offense being worthless is coming from having to verse heavy tanks, with decent damage and I completely agree.
When for instance you put heaps of points into strength only to be out striked by a tech and dex spamming tank, it makes it seem real off putting to invest into strength in the first place.

However this is a really sensitive topic because their is a thin line between Str being useless against tanks but extremely powerful against anything else.

The right way to fix this IMO is to not increase offense per say but decrease tanks damage out put in a variety of ways one of which is included in my stat overhaul and that is to make robot improve with tech AND strength. (other ways include significantly lowering primary and axillary damage for builds with very low strength and support but leave it the same for builds with either average or high strength and support this means tanks directly cannot use their defenses alone to make their damage strong because their non dex or tech attacks will be so weak that they cant out damage an offensive build with those sources of damage alone.)

The reason being if you buff Offense to be effective against tanks then they will crush anything else that isn't a tank with ease resulting in variety contriction similar to mighty strength build of delta.
If you merely lower tanks damage sources then yes battles will be slow but they would not be consistently out damaging offensive builds and therefore will make for fairer battles.

quote:

They've been trying since Beta to get it right, they're bound to get it right eventually.

Well actually they have been trying since omega I will say anything between beta and omega is balance delusion and disgrace in my opinion.

They are only now starting to understand the balance standards they had in beta (pre weapon enhancements), and working towards that, well that's how I feel anyway.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 11/19/2013 21:22:31 >
Epic  Post #: 5
11/19/2013 21:40:56   
Mother1

@ remorse

Have you seen the stat progession for strength/dex/tech/support? If you noticed strength and support scale so much slower than dex and tech. These stats aren't equal.

But in all honestly like I mentioned in my original thread they need to nerf the damage from the other damage sources that they missed last update. Otherwise even with this overhaul that you made which I can see has the least affect on tech, won't do any good.

But at the same time I am surprised you didn't put deflections on support as well.
Epic  Post #: 6
11/19/2013 22:33:21   
Remorse

Stat progression is a different story I agree they should have lower damage sources.

This stat overhaul merely addresses other issues (such as how easy a stat is to abuse, luck factors and variety constrictors) this ASSUMES in accordance to power of each can be fixed with changes in stat progression.

I was considering putting deflections on support but it then leaves support very open to abuse without downsides again as a lot of support damage comes from their aux which is delectable meaning high support users need to only spam support and forget RNG, if it still improves with tech then at least they need to also invest in tech to minimize the RNG.

It is possible to give support Increase chance to deflect only and leave reduce chance to be deflected on tech however then it might result in tech being somewhat underpowered considering the robot damage change.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 11/19/2013 22:49:19 >
Epic  Post #: 7
11/19/2013 22:34:05   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@mother The problem with making damage and defense equal in scaling is that it puts less emphasis into actually investing into defense in the first place. It used to be that forgoing defenses altogether was still an entirely viable option because you'd be hitting 30 damage against tanks with 30+ defenses. And then the strength build would get rage faster and do even more damage. With rage, strength cannot be as strong as defense or the tanks will lose out entirely. Without rage, strength cannot be as strong as defenses or tanks will dominate because they will survive the burst damage from the strength build and slowly wear them down and don't have to worry aside from random crits
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/19/2013 22:39:44   
Remorse

^ Exactly, that is why I recommend that tanks only have damage reduction in terms of what they deal with Strength and support based moves, because with their high defenses they can deal just as much as someone with high or average strength with the primary while only having small amounts of strength which is pretty silly.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 11/19/2013 22:41:23 >
Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Complete Stat Overhaul.
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition