Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Duel Log and Aftermath Summary

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Duel Log and Aftermath Summary
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/19/2013 16:04:34   
Stabilis

A: Duel Log.

The D.L. is a battle-feature that displays the turn-by-turn description of what has happened so far, shown on the side of the screen and can be minimized and scrolled up and down. The D.L. will show what each player did on a specific turn, and label it with the turn it happened on, accordingly. The D.L. serves as a reminder of what skills or items have been used, and therefore can become info that the player will value in the making of their strategy.

B: Aftermath Summary.

The A.S. is also a battle-feature, but the A.S. is post-battle. The A.S. will give a report of the battle and will be shown where the "victory" or "defeat" logo is. The A.S. will outline every measurable field of data for the player to view: gross damage inflicted, net damage inflicted, damage taken, energy used, energy drained, energy restored, armor ignored, etc... The list is scrollable. It is possible to reward players credits or experience based on how they performed in battle.
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
11/19/2013 21:26:03   
Remorse

I like the after math summary as it will have no time limit and you can learn from mistakes etc.

Not sure if the duel log will be extremely useful given the time constraints per turn and will possibly cause needless confusion on newer players and it may strugle to find space to place the log.

However if all these factors can be more or less controlled then personally I would like both features.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/19/2013 21:56:53   
Predator9657

Sounds great, but wouldn't this cause a lot more lag?
Epic  Post #: 3
11/20/2013 12:29:41   
Stabilis

quote:

Not sure if the duel log will be extremely useful given the time constraints per turn and will possibly cause needless confusion on newer players and it may struggle to find space to place the log.

I am glad that you brought this up, because even though the player has 15 seconds on their turn and the time that the opponent takes, they might not have enough to customize their log. I think it would be splendid if players could customize their battle interface outside of battle.

quote:

Sounds great, but wouldn't this cause a lot more lag?

Both of these are mainly text, so no, they would not take up much memory at all compared to graphical data. You can compare these to the player names above the health and energy meters, quite insignificant.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
11/20/2013 16:47:05   
Predator9657

quote:

Both of these are mainly text, so no, they would not take up much memory at all compared to graphical data. You can compare these to the player names above the health and energy meters, quite insignificant.

In that case, fully supported. It would be nice to be able to analyse battle's and spot tactical errors.
Epic  Post #: 5
11/22/2013 17:20:07   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Sounds like an interesting idea, I will have to look into how possible this would be to do, since it could be handed - once again, just going to state, do NOT simply post 'supported' on these topics, it is not useful as it adds nothing to the suggestion - if you support the idea, explain why you like it, or add to the suggestion with your ideas on it! The same goes for not supporting an idea, explain why you do not like it!

It's just not helpful for us because unless we know the reasoning behind why you like or do not like an idea, it just does not help us since you may simply be saying it for all the wrong reasons! :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/22/2013 17:54:51   
SCAR

Supported. It's very useful, it tells the user that the idea is supported.

< Message edited by SCAR -- 11/22/2013 17:55:47 >
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Duel Log and Aftermath Summary
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition