Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

[AQW] Valley of the Zards --discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> [AQW] Valley of the Zards --discussion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/19/2013 23:02:03   
Inkwolf

Discussion for Valley of the Zards

< Message edited by Inkwolf -- 11/20/2013 14:23:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/20/2013 9:59:55   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

That joke in the end. Hehe.

Also, remember to add the [AQW] tag before the discussion thread title.

I like your style of writing.
A suggestion though, when you are writing the name of the location before starting a new paragraph, just add italics or embolden the name to make it clear to readers.

Also, is this your first fanfic/work in the L&L?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
11/20/2013 14:24:43   
Inkwolf

Thanks for the good suggestions!

Yeah, this is my first fic here. ^^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/5/2013 18:39:16   
Inkwolf

It's up to Chapter 4 now, if anyone's interested. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/13/2014 15:47:10   
Gianna Glow

I want to thank you for your enthusiastic approach to the rule of putting a link to your discussion thread in your story. I just also wanted to let you know you only need one link per story. :D
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
1/14/2014 0:45:59   
Inkwolf

Heh, thanks, I know. But I feel it encourages people to make comments if the link is right at the end of the chapter they just read.

....not that it seems to be working.

Thanks you for interrupting the sound of crickets chirping on this thread, in any case.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/14/2014 11:56:44   
Gianna Glow

No problem Inkwolf. I just wanted to let you know I, as an AK, appreciate you following the rules.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
1/15/2014 17:49:44   
  Master Samak
Productive!
Steward Leprechaun
L&L

Inkwolf, this is a wonderful fanfic! You've tempted me into dusting off my AQW account.

I applaud your grammar! It is always very refreshing to journey a story clearly marked for travel. I didn't have my scanners on the whole time I read this, but I did pick up in Chapter 8:
quote:

“Maybe we could build a bridge out of weaselzard pelts, if we tied enough together.” said Kyber thoughtfully.
that the period after "together" should be a comma, to accommodate the "said Kyber..." part. And it seems you already understand that.

But nicely done. The characters (and pets) have depth and are believable; the story progresses without great paragraphs of descriptions, yet still has detail enough to have kept me aware and interested; the dialogue is natural (I thought your chaos dialogue in Warlic's Magic Shop was a success, for it even made me flustered and overwhelmed); and I can't end this without complimenting the humor. It wasn't going out of the way to play for laughs, which is good, but it wasn't afraid to have fun and also share "meta" references that AQW players could catch and smile at. The "Hero(s) slip" was written well from that.

And I also like the idea of magic's role in AQW, or it's driving problem in Kyber's quest. It can get kind of profound, thinking of what that means to us living IRL, and having to think about that in AQW shifts the story from light fun to a deep, serious note at times, and that's just fine to me.

Anyway, I was entertained and reminded of the world of Artix Entertainment, and so I thank you for that. I will be glad to read this story to its end!
AQ DF  Post #: 8
1/16/2014 7:56:03   
Inkwolf

Thanks very much! :D Knowing that somebody is reading and interested is great motivation to keep writing.

And thanks for finding the typo, too. I am the leading spammer of the game's typo-reporting thread, so I need to be above reproach as much as possible. Heh, heh, heh...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
5/21/2014 21:23:12   
Coypirus

Are you still updating it? I can't stand cliffhangers.
Post #: 10
5/27/2014 9:32:27   
Inkwolf

Whoa, someone's still reading it! =8O

Yeah, I plan to finish it. :D Hang in there! writing time has been kind of short lately.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> [AQW] Valley of the Zards --discussion
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition