Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Static Charge Change

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Static Charge Change
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/20/2013 13:21:01   
ED Divine Darkness

Ok, so we all know static charge is supposed to return energy, not deal damage. A change i suggest:

the damage calculation is: a % your primary overall damage.

on the animation you do a normal hit, but is locked to 3 damage. Gives no rage, but can be raged( to prevent using when you have rage, then using a strong ability to rage). Even when blocked, still returns the same amount of energy it normally would. Cannot crit.

So, say your primary damage is 50. you would hit 3, and gain a % of 50.

lvl 1: 22%

lvl 2: 27%

lvl 3: 32%

lvl 4: 37%

lvl 5: 41%

lvl 6: 45%

lvl 8: 49%

lvl 9: 52%

max: 55%

Returned to 2 turn CD.

< Message edited by ED Divine Darkness -- 11/21/2013 14:21:56 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/20/2013 13:25:35   
Stabilis

quote:

locked to 3 damage. Gives no rage, but can be raged( to prevent using when you have rage, then using a strong ability to rage).

So, when I enrage Static Charge I will still only do 3 damage. Correct?
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
11/20/2013 13:30:12   
ED Divine Darkness

yup. to prevent abuse because if it did more:

it would be too convenient and CH's could use it for damage as well. It is supposed to return energy. Not deal big damage.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/20/2013 13:38:03   
Stabilis

Why does it need damage at all then?
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
11/20/2013 13:48:31   
Altador987

it sounds more like a nerf than anything else it was already hard to do any real damage with it in the first place especially now as it can't crit or rage, cyber's don't have much means of attack to begin with not to mention others can regain or steal some amount of mp that was gained, at least the damage dealt might have slowed the opponent down from stealing it back or what have you
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
11/21/2013 14:21:23   
ED Divine Darkness

how would it be a nerf?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/21/2013 14:31:34   
Stabilis

It does not give rage but can remove it, especially if you are unlucky enough to need energy while having a full rage meter. None of the other energy skills reduce rage to 3 damage.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
11/21/2013 14:36:39   
ED Divine Darkness

well, it would be OP for using to get energy and raging something else. say you are a tec build, and you have rage. your rage will be weak, but with a plasma grenade it would kill.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/21/2013 14:46:51   
Stabilis

quote:

well, it would be OP for using to get energy and raging something else.

How is this overpowered (over something else)? My Battery Backup does the same thing as what you said. I do exactly what you say Static Charge would do, and I do not win because of that. It just means that energy is not the same thing as damage. Try to prove it otherwise. I use Technician, Defense Matrix, and Field Medic, and the energy from Battery Backup goes to those skills too.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
11/21/2013 15:03:35   
axell5

so what you say is simply not making static charge as strong as battery backup?
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 10
11/21/2013 15:16:19   
beaststyles

I am sorry but this sounds more towards the nerf side than buff.

And why do you think its supposed to gain energy and not do damage. As far back as i can remember it was meant to do both.

You say that damage calculation is a percentage of overall primart damage...but than you limit it to 3?

Hopefuly CH will get a buff tomorrow anyway so lets just wait.and see what happens.

< Message edited by beaststyles -- 11/21/2013 15:18:55 >
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Static Charge Change
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition