Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Fourth PvP Elemental Tournament - Signup here!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Fourth PvP Elemental Tournament - Signup here!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/21/2013 20:20:25   
Skurge
The Dealer

Greetings and welcome to the Fourth Oversoul Forums Tournament! Get ready for a rocky ride because it's all about the EARTH!

What is it again? Well, we thought it might be a nice idea to hold a PvP tournament on the forums in the spirit of fun and sportsmanship. So, carefully read all the information below before deciding to post and participate!

We've taken in the feedback from the previous tournament and will try some different things this time around, and hopefully things will run smoother. The changes are:
1 -- Best out of three battles - Matches will be comprised out of three duels, not five.
2 -- Countdown Timers - Countdown timers will be provided per match so that you know how much time you have left to duel. [e.g: http://countingdownto.com/countdown/416085]
3 -- Timezone-matched Tourney start - After generating the matches with a random number generator, we will try to correct for timezone differences as much as possible, so your first match will be with someone who is in a timezone closer to you.

GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES AND GUIDELINES

• PvP Double Elimination Tournament. Duel invitation only, so players will have to challenge each other via the "Duel" option for each fight, one after the other. The tournament will be identical to last time (double bracket). A double bracket consists of two different sections - an upper bracket and a lower bracket; when the tournament begins, everyone starts in the upper bracket. As the tournament progresses, those who lose will be automatically sent to the lower bracket and matches will continue there. If you lose in the lower bracket, you're officially out of the tournament as you've lost both matches. The final match will be between the winner of each bracket.
  • A match is a series of 3 duels with the same opponent. If you lose 2 matches, you are out of the tournament!
  • You must win the best out of 3 battles to defeat your opponent! The higher level player should allow the lower level player to go first; if you are both the same level, decide who gets to be the most courteous and allow their opponent the initiative! In the case of a tie (1 win each), continue dueling until someone wins 2 matches in a row. Alternate who goes first between matches.
  • Duelists must use only characters of the element the tournament's theme is. In this case, this means EARTH. If your character is listed under "Earth" in the Characters List in-game, it qualifies for this tournament!
  • No level restrictions. Duelists can use any level character. (Disclaimer: Participating in the tournament could mean having to face a level 20 opponent, so be prepared!).
  • No card customization restrictions. Duelists can use any CC cards they have at their disposal.

• Five day period for players to sign up, starting from the time stamp shown in the first post of the sign-up thread.
  • For a valid sign-up, players must make a post including their in-game name as well as your (roughly) Timezone! If you do not know what time zone you are in, just a general continent would be helpful (exp; North America, Europe, East Asia, Narnia, etc.) Please do not post your actual address or zip code or even state! We only need to know enough for match-making, nothing else.
  • After the 5 days sign-up period the thread will be locked and you can't sign up anymore.

• It is very resourceful to check the forums regularly when the tournament has begun. This will make it a lot easier for both your opponent as well as yourself when it comes to arranging duel times.
  • If you must drop out for whatever reason, please post your forfeit in the tournament thread, AND also PM either Skurge or Beck so they know to update the bracket and battles list!
  • To ensure that everyone has a fair chance, ArchKnights will PM you (via Battleon Forums) to indicate that your match timer has begun.
  • When the tournament starts, players will be responsible for contacting each other (either through posts in the tournament thread or through PM's) to arrange duel times. Duels must be carried out within 48 hours of the challenges being given. Remember, no-shows = forfeit!

• Make sure you post in the tournament discussion thread so we all know the results of your duel! Remember to be courteous in victory or in defeat. Post evidence of your match if you can. We all want to see! (Please read this if you don`t know how to take a screenshot and upload it to a site).

• Once more, please remember that since this is a Forum Based Tournament, the winner will not be getting any recognition or perks ingame! Just bragging right on the forum.
  • All Artix Entertainment Forum Rules and Oversoul General Discussion Forum Rules apply in the tournament forum threads.

This tournament's element is EARTH. So get ready to rock and roll your way to victory! Sign up now!

< Message edited by Skurge -- 11/21/2013 20:21:47 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    11/21/2013 20:20:49   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

=OS FORUM TOURNAMENT HALL OF FAME=

ICE TOURNAMENT
    1st Place = Lord Beck
    Runner Up = DeathGuard

SHADOW TOURNAMENT
    1st Place = The Finnish Phoenix
    Runner Up = Lord Beck

FIRE TOURNAMENT
    1st Place = clintonian
    Runner Up = Axel459

< Message edited by Skurge -- 11/21/2013 20:22:15 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    11/21/2013 20:22:49   
    ND Mallet
    Legendary AK!!!

IGN: ND Mallet
    Time: 2 hours behind AE time
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    11/21/2013 20:24:00   
    BJEBLE

IGN : bjeble
    Time: 4 hours behind AE time.
    My Minotaur is already level 15!

< Message edited by BJEBLE -- 11/21/2013 20:26:00 >
    DF  Post #: 4
    11/21/2013 20:25:27   
    the warden

IGN: the warden

ok that means i need to level my tarus..
    better start soon
    mountain standard time

< Message edited by the warden -- 11/21/2013 21:07:45 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
    11/21/2013 20:26:28   
    The Jop

IGN: The Jop
    Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
    Minotaur was my second level 20 so he's been waiting for a while, but I haven't gotten an earthquake from the series yet. Can you smell what the rock is cookin'?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    11/21/2013 20:29:36   
    Lunar Crush

In Game Name: Stefanzo
    Timezone US central
    Side note: level 18 EE almost there :P

< Message edited by Lunar Crush -- 11/21/2013 20:33:21 >
    AQW  Post #: 7
    11/21/2013 20:30:53   
    Asuka
    AQW Designer of All Things

IGN: Asuka

Power of the Earth Ponies will prevail! 8D

Timezone: Same as AE's AQW Server clock

< Message edited by Asuka -- 11/21/2013 20:31:53 >

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    11/21/2013 20:30:54   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

IGN: Skurge
    Timezone: EST

quote:

• For a valid sign-up, players must make a post including their in-game name as well as your (roughly) Timezone! If you do not know what time zone you are in, just a general continent would be helpful (exp; North America, Europe, East Asia, Narnia, etc.) Please do not post your actual address or zip code or even state! We only need to know enough for match-making, nothing else.

• Please remember to include your timezone! This will help us when we're matching opponents!
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    11/21/2013 20:31:03   
    Axel459
    The Void Calls

Let's see how long I last this time.

IGN: Axel
    Time: Server time
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
    11/21/2013 20:40:01   
    Beck

Err... might as well xD

IGN: Beck
    Time: 1 hour behind server time
    AQW  Post #: 11
    11/21/2013 21:29:56   
    DeathGuard

IGN: DeathGuard
    Timezone: 1 hour behind server time
    Character: Stone Assassin lvl 20
    *Bonus alternative character may be used too*
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
    11/21/2013 21:39:44   
    Lunar Crush

sorry deathguard, but i have a question skurge. what are the character restrictions? are we only allowed to enter one character per tournament, or only one per series of 3? could theoretically i use a earth elemental one match, not like it, then switch to a Taurus? i didn't see any rules pointing to character restrictions so i brought this up
    AQW  Post #: 13
    11/21/2013 21:43:07   
    DeathGuard

@Lunar:
    quote:

Duelists must use only characters of the element the tournament's theme is. In this case, this means EARTH. If your character is listed under "Earth" in the Characters List in-game, it qualifies for this tournament!

Since it will be an earth character, it will qualify
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    11/21/2013 21:43:32   
    Riniti

You know me. And I'm on Server Time.
    Post #: 15
    11/21/2013 21:43:33   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

Lunar Crush: Character restrictions refer to elements, not the amount of characters. So for example, you can use Taurus, Stone Assassin, Earth Golem, etc. As long as the character is Earth, it's fine for the tournament. :)
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
    11/21/2013 21:44:52   
    Beck

@Lunar Crush
    You are definitely free to rotate as many Earth characters as you want! Not everyone has more than one high leveled Earth character though, plus most people are just better with a particular character. But if you want to switch it up as you duel, you can definitely do so!

Skuuuuurge you ninja!

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 11/21/2013 21:45:40 >
    AQW  Post #: 17
    11/22/2013 1:27:25   
    Dragon Elite X

IGN:Heavenspawn
    Timezone:EST (Server Time)
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
    11/22/2013 7:51:24   
    clintonian

IGN: clinton
    Timezone: server time I guess
    Post #: 19
    11/22/2013 11:18:08   
    DarkLore

IGN: DarkLore
    Timezone: 3 hours behind AE's timezone!
    SWEET! You guys took my suggestion for timezones! THANKS!
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
    11/22/2013 17:46:53   
    The Finnish Phoenix

IGN: Dylligraphy
    Timezone: EST (Server time)

Good luck to everyone; I've been really excited for this for a while now and am even more so now that it's rapidly approaching!

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/22/2013 17:53:44 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
    11/23/2013 7:14:21   
    Sparhawk
    AQW Game Moderator

Sparhawk
    EST
    Battle On!
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
    11/23/2013 7:28:12   
    Beck

Hey guys, thanks for signing up for the tournament! I think these tournaments are a great community bonding experience, and love how so many of you are so cool with the match making problems and other such things we've had in the past. We are continuously refining the rules to try and make this tournament more enjoyable for everyone, to make it more interesting and worth your while, especially since this is an unofficial tournament and there's no real prize besides the glory of winning.
    That being said, I'd like to offer a small present to the winner this time - a drawing from me xD It can be anything you want (but please remember my skill limits!), which we'll discuss via PM's at the end.

Good luck everyone, and battle on! :)
    ~Beck
    AQW  Post #: 23
    11/23/2013 13:01:53   
    BJEBLE

@beck Well you drew that really awesome dragon, so you're obviously better than me. So to whoever wins: Beck's drawing is going to be pretty cool.
    DF  Post #: 24
    11/23/2013 21:34:53   
    Pennocki_

count me in , i didnt have time for the last one well then lets give it a shot
    Timezone : UTC

< Message edited by Pennocki_ -- 11/23/2013 21:37:35 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Fourth PvP Elemental Tournament - Signup here!
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition