Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Small tweaks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Small tweaks
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/9/2013 9:37:54   
DarkDevil

the idea seems very good but i am more worried about the mechanism itself.
for the idea of shields to remain effective this means the increase will have to be on the damage done not the base damage.
also it should start taking effect after you hit unlike mark of blood.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/9/2013 9:40:49 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 51
12/9/2013 9:41:51   
Ranloth
Banned

Uh, can you explain how it'd have to be on damage done? Do you mean it'd ignore part of their defenses (higher damage dealt) or buff own incoming damage? Both increase damage as a whole, but one is more effective on tanks whilst the other is all-round.
AQ Epic  Post #: 52
12/9/2013 9:45:49   
Remorse

Cyber hunter debuff seems pretty cool.
as it increases damage rather then reducing their defense it may however unfairly increase the rage amount the players that attack the effected opponent get.

Dunno may be an issue but the only problem I can see.
Epic  Post #: 53
12/9/2013 9:48:21   
DarkDevil

what i mean is like how offensive skills used to work in gamma .
40 dmg , 30 armor , 30% boost , ordinary damage 10 , boosted damage 13.

also it should have a high dex or tech or support requirement to prevent abuse by str builds.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/9/2013 9:52:33 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
12/9/2013 9:56:06   
Ranloth
Banned

Ah, so boosted damage after defenses are accounted for, instead of before. Yeah, I can see the reason why - since it'd overpower offensive builds, and render defensive useless. This could also deal with the issue Remorse has brought up.

Also, yes, it'd work after you debuff your opponent - not on the turn, like MoB - just like other debuffs do. It only borrows the mechanics from MoB. :p

Lastly, Dex requirement, huh? That could work, although Dex builds are also good so requirement would be no issue for them. Tech could also work - only improves EMP and Plasma Grenade. Either would be good enough, but Strength/Support.
AQ Epic  Post #: 55
12/9/2013 9:59:58   
DarkDevil

i have realised 1 min after i had posted that dex ain't that good apearantly i was too late

anyway tech would be good enough.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/9/2013 10:21:42 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 56
1/25/2014 12:13:25   
Ranloth
Banned

Was given a permission to necro-bump. Few suggestions incoming. :o Permission granted by Eukara Vox

• [TLM/Merc]
    • Berzerker
      • Requires a Club to use.
      • Deals 33% damage on block.
      • Everything else remains the same.

OR

• Double Strike
      • Requires a Club to use.
      • EP cost goes down from +20 EP per level, to +15 EP per level, for up to 285 EP at Lvl 10.
      • Everything else remains the same.

• Surgical Strike
      • Receives Club requirement (applies to TLMs too).
      • May need damage boost to match SuperCharge (unless it already does).
        • Skills with weapon requirements are usually stronger, i.e. Overload vs. Stun Grenade

• Static Smash
      • No weapon requirement.
      • Loses ~5% conversion - at all levels - to compensate for it.

• Atom Smasher
      • Returns 15% of the Energy drained to the player.
        • Purely as an incentive to use the move more. It has an EP cost, so this would partially negate it, but still make it unusable without Energy.

Compilation of suggestions. If players want the Berzerker idea, Double Strike suggestion does not apply - and vice versa. The change is to make Static Smash useable with a Sword - NOT a separate suggestion; Double Strike OR Berzerker + Static Smash + Surgical Strike = one suggestion.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 1/25/2014 12:30:05 >
  • AQ Epic  Post #: 57
    1/25/2014 12:36:33   
    DarkDevil

i'd go with the double strike one since all other classes has their lvl 1 nuke with wep requirement , as it fixes both classes and decreases the annoying cost of doublestrike.

yet i am not really sure 5% is that effective , i'd count another 5 for a change to happen.

good ideas indeed.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 1/25/2014 12:40:23 >
    AQ Epic  Post #: 58
    1/25/2014 12:59:23   
    Ranloth
    Banned

33% at Lvl 1 and 63% at Lvl 10, it's still pretty good and the 5% would make a noticeable difference - at least on x10 system. I'll try using one example.

400-420 DMG, L1 & L10:
    Old:
    400-420 * 0.38 = 152-177 * 0.75 = 114-133 EP returned
    400-420 * 0.68 = 272-286 * 0.75 = 204-215 EP returned
    New:
    400-420 * 0.33 = 133-139 * 0.75 = 100-105 EP returned
    400-420 * 0.63 = 252-265 * 0.75 = 189-199 EP returned

It's not major, in fact it's around -15 EP less, using the above example, which is -2 EP less on the old system. But it does add up, and the drain is also affected by around -20 EP. Clubs deal less damage than Swords, so these would be inferior, compared to Swords. If a Merc used Static Smash with a Sword, its power would be somewhere in-between the Old and New, due to Sword being superior to Class-specific weapons.

But yeah, I'm more for Double Strike suggestion too - after Gearz gave me feedback in a different thread, regarding my Zerker suggestion.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 59
    1/25/2014 22:56:46   
    noremako

TLM Atom Smasher drain, however unsubstantial it seems, would be a bad idea. It essentially gives it the problem that TM's had.

If you didn't kill a TM fast enough with your plan, you lost. TM's had the best Energy control in the game and decided what skills an enemy would use and what it would use it self.

Now, I am not suggesting that TLM's will duplicate TM's firepower, but it will duplicate its ability to ruin any strategy in the game and an energy returning Atom Smasher would just make it one of those skills to throw spare points in, rather then passing actual conscious judgement.

I would agree with making Atom Smasher more usable, just the Energy drain would just bring back old and current problems.

On a side note, Surgical Strike damage scales higher then Supercharge. The only reason Supercharge deals more (generally) is due to the Resistance 20% ignore, but the nukes aren't really intended to be finishers anyway. Generally just used to tip the scales in one's favour.

< Message edited by noremako -- 1/25/2014 23:01:21 >
    Post #: 60
    1/25/2014 23:02:33   
    Ranloth
    Banned

Uh. Let me give you fast example. 300 EP drain with L1 Atom - 60 EP cost. 300 * 0.15 = 45. It merely tries to negate it, but you don't gain any Energy. It'd still retain the EP cost it has right now. The skill would be the same as it is now, but return would try to cover for the cost - essentially, it'd be free as long as you have enough Energy to use it.

Perhaps make it even 10% return. The point is to negate the cost, but not make it cost 0 EP either. Not to make it drain and return Energy like other skills.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 61
    1/25/2014 23:21:54   
    GearzHeadz

For atom smash, I would just try making it more useful then it is, give it 85% (or another reasonable amount if this is too unreasonable) weapon damage like assimilation, giving it some use even if it is blocked, drain a little energy take out a lil health, and gain some rage. I feel this wouldn't overpower this skill because unlike assimilation, it has an energy cost and the drain could be blocked.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 1/25/2014 23:22:14 >
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 62
    1/26/2014 7:39:33   
    Ranloth
    Banned

I'd rather not. Giving it damage means nerf to the drain, which in effect, is actually a nerf because it's still blockable and I may not even benefit from the damage. It'd give me rage, my opponent, waste my rage when I don't want to, and whatever damage gives you.

Bonus effects come at a price. You don't add something new and don't give it a drawback, unless something is severly underpowered and needs a buff regardless.

Reposting an older suggestion, which was put into a separate thread.

• [TM] Remove Staff requirement from Assimilation.
    • Tech Casters need Staves for Plasma Bolt and Super Charge. Dex Casters need Staves for Overload, but not Plasma Rain. Str/Supp rely on debuffs and damage from weapons, therefore Caster skills are useless.
    • Removal of requirement means loss of power, perhaps by around 10% (i.e. from -100 EP drain to -90 EP drain).
    • Deals with Casters abusing the move, yet makes it available for everyone.
    • Would work with Static Smash change perfectly.

< Message edited by Trans -- 1/26/2014 14:03:24 >
  • AQ Epic  Post #: 63
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Small tweaks
    Page 3 of 3<123
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition