Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= SoulWeaver (All versions) Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= SoulWeaver (All versions) Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 13«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/3/2014 4:37:12   
rytis155

Yuttt: I believe it's total of 60% since 84% would be too much.
Post #: 126
8/3/2014 5:12:37   
oldmanjenkins

It's possible to stun off both hits, so if the total chance is 60%, then the individual chance would be in the high 30s.
That seems about right, the stun goes off for me a little more than half the time when I need to use it.

< Message edited by oldmanjenkins -- 8/3/2014 5:13:14 >
Post #: 127
8/3/2014 9:03:58   
BhaalSpawn4

Let's try this again...

Hard Mode Impossible Crawler being beaten by Mstr. Soulweaver
AQ DF  Post #: 128
8/3/2014 9:29:44   
oldmanjenkins

You should try hard mode Dr.When or extreme hard mode manacrest/MG.
Impossible doom crawler doesn't have any tricks up it's sleeve, you can blind it, stun it, anything pretty much as long as you don't eat a lot of attacks you can beat it.
Post #: 129
8/3/2014 10:06:25   
BhaalSpawn4

quote:

oldmanjenkins

You should try hard mode Dr.When or extreme hard mode manacrest/MG.
Impossible doom crawler doesn't have any tricks up it's sleeve, you can blind it, stun it, anything pretty much as long as you don't eat a lot of attacks you can beat it.

Neither of those bosses are really accessible; Manacrest is a dungeon boss and you have to play an entire story before you can even do the quest to fight Dr. When. A poster was just having trouble with the crawler earlier.
AQ DF  Post #: 130
8/3/2014 10:32:05   
oldmanjenkins

Well you're only trying to beat them once, you're not going to need to redo the entire quest if you die.
I'm just saying impossible doom crawler even in hard mode isn't considered "impossible" or even hard anymore, any class with a short cd defense or blinds/stuns can defeat it pretty easily.
Post #: 131
8/3/2014 11:21:53   
Dracojan

i tried hard mode dr when, but it didnt go so well. i used a whole lot of classes but all failed. the best results i got were with necromancer. i got him down to 20-30% hp before i died. may be its doable with it but after 1 try i got bored so if somebody wants to try...
the amount of dmg that i could do with msw was very good. against dr when it was better than dl, IR and others.
but in the end, dr when is unbeatable with most classes on hard mode. his 3k+ bonus stat makes defensive shield skills and blinds completely useless.
DF  Post #: 132
8/3/2014 11:46:16   
The Jop

The way someone did it was by using the toddler dragon as their guest and re-summoning it whenever it died. You really just need another target for his attacks, since he doesn't miss.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 133
8/3/2014 11:59:45   
Dracojan

i consider this cheating. and it doesnt represent the skill of the classes. i was fighting him 1on1 to best determine the strenght of each.
DF  Post #: 134
8/3/2014 12:03:38   
Sflamin

http://imgur.com/Cvf0Yso
Took quite a bit of time but I did it with Necromancer anyway. The only thing I really had to worry about was my mana pool (had to use a mana potion there) but overall, quite an easy battle. Dragonlord, EnT and MAYBE pyromancer can do it too but Necromancer is hands down the best defensive class you can find out there.

P/S: if I remember correctly, someone had done Hard mode Dr When with SW before (not the new one though).

< Message edited by Sflamin -- 8/3/2014 12:07:38 >
DF  Post #: 135
8/3/2014 12:46:31   
Dracojan

^that was with guest dragon that soaks up all the dmg.
well done btw
DF  Post #: 136
8/3/2014 12:55:41   
afb728

No, I think Dracojan meant SW vs Dr When.
DF  Post #: 137
8/3/2014 13:01:30   
BhaalSpawn4

quote:

Sflamin

Took quite a bit of time but I did it with Necromancer anyway.

Was it hard to beat him with the class that can't take damage?

I've done it with Soulweaver (with Banishment) and Ascendant. Probably others too but I don't remember.

Ra's Al Ghul w/ Mstr. Soulweaver

Not touching that one on hard mode, it's annoying enough as it is.

Honestly, the class is fine defensively as long as you can debuff the enemies BtH. If you can't, you can stick it out for a while but eventually your lack of damage will prove fatal, or at least that's what I've found.
AQ DF  Post #: 138
8/3/2014 13:03:52   
The Jop

Razen Al Ghul isn't too bad as long as you get lucky with the blinds, and he misses all/most of his attacks. At least the Catharsis one.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 8/3/2014 14:06:04 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 139
8/3/2014 13:14:38   
Sflamin

@BhaalSpawn4 I have no doubt SW and Ascendant can take down hard mode Dr. When, just require a lot of luck. If either of them fail to stun him even once or twice they're pretty much doomed. Any sort of healing skills are very needed in this situation, which both classes lack. I haven't seen anyone who can do Ultimate Dr When with 2 guests (no guest dragon allowed).
DF  Post #: 140
8/3/2014 13:24:27   
  Hopeful Guy

Hope Upbringer! (DragonFable)

MSW is easily capable of taking down Dr. When, on Hard Mode (although I did use Guest Dragon, I can do it without as well). I have done Hard Mode When with the following classes, and I have to say, MSW was probably as hard as old SW (ie. quite tough): DoomKnight, Kathool Adept, enTropy, Pyromancer, Dragonlord and old SW (with OP Banishment).
DF  Post #: 141
8/3/2014 13:31:33   
Ash

quote:

In response to the point about Necro, as I understand it (and I could be wrong), the tier system is somewhat like this, with a decrease in width of tier corresponding to a decrease in number of classes in the said tier. ... Is this correct, Ash?

I missed this since I was making dinner when I replied yesterday. That's a lot more complex then I had thought it up, but yeah it works. When the revamps are all done I'll make some sort of visual deal for easy reference. It won't be like that but it'll explain it in an easy to see version with pretty colors.

< Message edited by Ash -- 8/3/2014 13:32:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 142
8/3/2014 14:05:10   
Sflamin

Just tried to do Hard mode Razen with Necro and well, I failed. He has around 12k HP and I managed to get his HP down to 3k (that's where he will heal back to 9k HP) b4 dying. So the trick here is to pull a success stun with Seed summons around that 3k health point and try to bring him down as fast as you can. The rotation I did was: Terror -> Intent -> Seed -> Boon -> Raise -> Dream (seed activate) -> Final -> Raise -> Terror -> Ward -> Raise -> Intent -> Seed and repeat. But you will need a lot of luck to avoid a direct attack from him. If he hits you even once, you're pretty much dead.

< Message edited by Sflamin -- 8/3/2014 14:06:39 >
DF  Post #: 143
8/3/2014 17:42:40   
  Hopeful Guy

So going back to MSW, in terms of defence, the hierarchy goes:

1. DmK
2. enTropy (this class can last through anything, including Bone Fire and Hard Mode When with two guests (no Guest Dragon), has the best heal and best stun in game, second best Boost nerf (first belonging to... SnugglePanda!) and is generally awesome)
=3. Pyromancer
=3. DragonLord
5. Necromancer
and then a bunch of other classes, including MSW, are very close together. I would possibly put MSW behind SnugglePanda (ultimate nerf, another excellent nerf, heal, mana regen and stun), KAA and Frost Moglin (FMA), but none of them can quite stand up to the top 5. MSW has some really nice skills (Lock, Seal, Vacuum, Meditation) but the lack of a heal skill is a significant weakness.
DF  Post #: 144
8/3/2014 18:17:22   
Sflamin

^wouldn't EnT run out of mana b4 it can take down bone fire since it has no way to replenish MP beside 2 potions? Still I could argue that Necro is better than both DL and Pyro in terms of defense
I haven't really tested MSW against general varax with 2 guests. Do you think it could stand a chance?
DF  Post #: 145
8/3/2014 19:09:47   
  Hopeful Guy

The trick is not to use too much mana, use Attack for most of the time. I did finish it, but it took a while. ;)

That aside, Hard Mode Extreme Mode Varax with 2 Guests? There's almost no chance as far as I can see, it's not what MSW's designed for. It lasted half of When, and that was thanks to 15 All and 56 Water resists. I could get some fire equips (it's how I did Bone Fire) and check.
DF  Post #: 146
8/4/2014 1:02:46   
TimeKiller

Im likin MSW i can use it to farm volty just as fast as pyro
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 147
8/4/2014 1:17:35   
Vestrova

Soulweavers:
DF AQW  Post #: 148
8/4/2014 10:32:45   
black knight 1234567

Master Soulweaver looks amazing, visually. Love it. But, why can't we use Aegis while using it?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 149
8/4/2014 10:41:45   
Vestrova

cuz the class is called "preview" once its actually out you will be able to
DF AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= SoulWeaver (All versions) Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 13«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition