Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Botanical Hazard

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Botanical Hazard
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/28/2013 12:54:45   
Sensei Chan

Nearly all of the Robots specials are only usable once per battle where as poison spores is unlimited.
Regular 5 Focus builds with this bot can do 8+ damage over 4 turns dealing 32 damage overall.
Well 8 damage per turn is balanced, but 32 damage overall is quite unfair especially considering poison spores is unlimited.
I have thought how to balance this Robot I have 4 different suggestions and I want your opinion which you think will balance it for the best.

1) (Current)
Duration: 4
Cooldown: 3
Poison: 60%

1) NEW
Duration: 3
Cooldown: 3
Poison: 85%

2) NEW
Duration: 3
Cooldown: 2
Poison: 80%

3) NEW
Duration: 4
Cooldown: 4
Poison: 65%

Epic  Post #: 1
11/28/2013 18:29:20   
Predator9657

Yup, this bot is relatively more powerful than most others.

However, I don't think increasing the % would help.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/28/2013 19:16:02   
GearzHeadz

How about just making it so the effect can be used once, and be uncurable?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/29/2013 7:06:12   
DarkDevil

it should be used more than once for 2 vs 2 and for that it can be removed by heal.

the main problem is it deals with an 8 dot for 4 turns and 3 initative to a total of 35 damage.

other bots can only deal 15-23 max on normal builds which is way lower.

other poisons only last for 3 turns and cost energy.

so putting it on either bot or poison standards makes it OP so which standard shall i compare it on ?

the way i see to make it balanced to all the others is reducing it to 3 turns to be equivalent to other poisons while not getting rage cus it doesn't cost energy.

it will then only deal 27 dmg at most which is on par with other bots.

meanning 45% of damage over 3 turns , 3 cooldown.

it's my opinion and i don't think mods will do that cus for some reason they have kept it OP for months which means they like it being OP for some reason.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 11/29/2013 7:24:29 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
11/29/2013 8:38:25   
kaierti2
Banned

GearzHeadz,
used once will be good as infernal android.
or second variant -2 lower damage and 3 turns
4 turns 8 damage is 32 or 4 turn 6 damage without focus is 24 damage. its so many
Post #: 5
11/29/2013 8:47:04   
Synner

I dont agree the special of this bot should be once used only the fact that it can be cured by heal this bot will be useless

< Message edited by Synner -- 11/29/2013 8:52:47 >
Post #: 6
11/29/2013 8:57:25   
rejaylob

@synner

Unless uncurable...

EDIT: My suggestion to balance this is Make Poison Spore Uncurable and do 85% damage not 3 damage and usable once.

< Message edited by rejaylob -- 11/30/2013 0:54:41 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
11/29/2013 18:33:08   
Predator9657

^ Yup, that would help balance it.
Epic  Post #: 8
11/30/2013 1:21:32   
  Exploding Penguin

Uncurable and used once would really nerf it down.

IMO increasing its cooldown by 2 turns would definitely be more than enough to keep it from being so abused, without changing duration or damage. Either that or just increase damage output per turn by a very slight amount and decrease duration to 3 turns without changing cooldown, because I personally like the strategic control over your opponent that this bot gives when utilized correctly. It's just that the numbers from damage are a bit too high.
Epic  Post #: 9
11/30/2013 1:52:04   
rejaylob

^
So your basically saying that you dont agree to nerf the bot since you yourself use it. And you said it yourself that the damage are a bit too high
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
11/30/2013 2:10:26   
Mother1

@ rejayob

He never said no to the nerf. He just doesn't agree with the suggestion of making the bot a one time use incurable poison bot. If you read his post he did suggest they increase the cooldown of the bot , or increase the DOT in exchange for decreasing the duration of the poison.

Both of these are nerfs suggestions that would make the bot easier to deal with then it is now.
Epic  Post #: 11
11/30/2013 2:52:52   
DarkDevil

how would increasing the dot and lower duration nerf it ? actually it would make it stronger as now it would need less turns to do the same damage.

enough nerf to it is to get it down to either bot or poison standards and make it 45-50% dmg over 3 turns meaning about 27 dmg at most instead of the current 35 dmg , also fixes it up the unbalance compared to other poisons only have 3 turns while the energy cost of them to make up for that they gain rage and everything will be balanced.

on it's current OP way it's 4 turns of 8 dmg with 3 initial =35 dmg
maxed poison deals 5 initial and 12 for 3 turns = 41 dmg so you'd pay 28 energy for just 6 dmg which is totally unbalanced.
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
11/30/2013 2:57:45   
Darkwing

3 turns of poison instead of 4 should be enough, the poison skills have 3 turns.
Post #: 13
11/30/2013 7:27:12   
Ranloth
Banned

^ The difference is, Bot's Poison is weaker hence why it lasts a turn longer. On average, skill and Bot's core are pretty much the same in the damage dealt via Poison - just takes a turn longer to take full effect.
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
11/30/2013 7:51:29   
axell5

@trans well the poison skills cost 28-32 energy to use while the bot is free of energy cost
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 15
11/30/2013 7:59:27   
DarkDevil

its full effect is a free 35 dmg while poison full effect is for 28 energy you deal 6 more damage which my point.

it should be reduced down to 3 turns and only 45% so the dot will stay the same just nerfed by a turn so it will equal to poison.

it is equivalent to a 24 cost poison but for free call that balance ?

nerfing it down by a turn will make equal to another bots or an 18 cost poison which makes sense.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 11/30/2013 8:01:28 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
11/30/2013 8:00:31   
Ranloth
Banned

28 Energy is the max. At the same time, the Bot costs 2K Varium/50K Credits and doesn't allow you to use any other Bot + locked to 3 damage upon use, whilst Poison Grenade and Venom deal more.

I've proposed one solution before, which is lowering the Poison to 50% (from 60%), which makes a difference in the long run - it will fall by at least 1 DpT, which is -4 damage over the whole duration and adds up when looped. Furthermore, every class now has Energy drain and return skill, so it's easier to Heal for everyone - indirect nerf, albeit not as efficient.

Furthermore, if Rabble decides to alter Focus again, it'll indirectly nerf the Poison as well - since it depends on your total Robot damage, so the difference may even reach -2 DpT, depending on the rounding.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
11/30/2013 8:08:41   
DarkDevil

if we use the cost as excuse for unbalance then next year it will be sold out in the moment of restock and everyone will just fight with it being OP.
you could say that back in delta but now it's omega so no ,there shouldn't be Odds

also it has an ordinary attack so the word you can't use another bot is pointless.

no cost should not affect unbalance , it just affects mechanism.

also by more it is 5 instead of 3 but you get rage because you had paid energy for it.

this part is ironical :

what about making it cost 24 energy and deals initial 70% dmg instead of 3.
you'd say no because all bots are free.
but also all bots deal 20-25 dmg at moderate defence and 10-15 dmg at high defence and this one deals 35.

and untill rableforth decides to alter focus it should remain OP ?

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 11/30/2013 8:32:47 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
11/30/2013 8:48:58   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

and untill rableforth decides to alter focus it should remain OP ?

Yes, please take out words out of context. >.>

No, it should not. I'm just saying that when Focus gets altered, which Rabble said it may happen, Poison would also end up getting nerfed which further balances the Bot. I'm not saying it can remain supposedly overpowered until that happens. Read my post carefully, please.
AQ Epic  Post #: 19
11/30/2013 19:20:07   
Altador987

honestly the only thing i'd ask is there be a certain amount of times one could use this bot, as i can't loop it myself more than thrice and that was only due to a tech mage who's build was based off looping it (plus dex and tech) and used it 5 times, and 5 different times in a 1on1 is just kinda ridiculous
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
11/30/2013 19:48:04   
GearzHeadz

Maybe I wouldn't mind it if I blocked the bot, the poison wouldn't be active.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/1/2013 5:38:10   
Pemberton

This bot is like a free guaranteed damage. And don't tell me that excuse it can be "Cured" because it has infinite uses with no energy cost
while Heal has 4 turn CD and energy cost. Don't reason with that poor excuse.
Post #: 22
12/1/2013 5:46:00   
Jekyll

Yes.

When I click Surgical Strike, it gives 20 guaranteed damage, but at 32 EP cost.

If I use the Botanical Hazard, it gives 27-35 guaranteed damage, at 0 cost. Either that, or the opponent loses his heal for the next 4 turns, and also loses a hefty amount of EP.

This bot is a zero-risk, damage-dealing monster which has to be tamed.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/1/2013 7:04:00   
ED Divine Darkness

this robot should be 110% poison over 5 turns, uncurable but one use.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/1/2013 7:10:40   
DarkDevil

^

60 uncurable damage

what are you doing here ?

edit: OH he's just just trolling.
he should've pointed that orelse the replys wasn't gonna be good ........ at all.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/1/2013 7:15:22 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Botanical Hazard
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition