Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Why do you still play?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why do you still play?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/28/2013 14:11:24   
Nexus...

I don't play. Nobody I knew in-game still plays...

Discuss why you continue to play EpicDuel and put money towards its future development (if you do). What are your expectations for the game in the future? If you no longer play EpicDuel, what is the reason? Do you play other games? If so what game(s) do you play, and why have you chosen to play them over EpicDuel.

Prophet

P.S
Today I give thanks for all the m3m0r13s EpicDuel gave me.

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 11/28/2013 14:12:06 >
Epic  Post #: 1
11/28/2013 15:46:38   
Mother1

I only play for the events, cheevos, and rating points. Remove these and I would have left a while ago.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/28/2013 15:50:54   
Stabilis

I only play when the "general" gameplay is updated. Like if skill trees are changed, new skill cores arrive, or anything else that changes duels. I got bad karma from EpicDuel because of its extensive probability mechanics in a strategy game, plus it is not very replayable, being linear.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 11/28/2013 15:51:21 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
11/28/2013 15:57:23   
LatinLover/Martini

Easy question. For my faction. Without them I would have left in Delta. I love all of em and all the success achieved.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/28/2013 16:22:04   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I like to talk to people at Naomi. I only battle for missions for the most part. A battle every once in a while is enjoyable though.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
11/28/2013 17:26:45   
Calogero

I only play because of the money I've put into the game... If I knew back then what I know now... Boy o Boy

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/28/2013 18:01:49   
RageSoul

Why do you still play?

Well i still play because i still have a little ounce of hope of this game becoming better , but as of now .... i play for the events .
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/28/2013 18:09:57   
Predator9657

Because these last few balance updates have been really interesting ^^
Epic  Post #: 8
11/28/2013 19:55:24   
Tasiturn

I play because its the best browser game I'm aware of. Most of the games I used to play, I can't run on my macbook, so I'm kinda forced to play EpicDuel :P
Epic  Post #: 9
11/29/2013 0:47:48   
Dual Thrusters

I play it when I'm bored of my console games, or want to kill some time.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/29/2013 1:17:22   
axell5

I personally like pvping especially with he new weld and hope I buy a package some day
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 11
11/29/2013 4:25:37   
CN2025

i thought about quiting a while ago but i still have a shred of hope left for the game :)

and i really liked this update cool abyss wepons :D they didn't come with the promo though
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
11/29/2013 4:36:38   
martinsen5

I always get the newest promotional items hoping it will add some spice to my strategy, as playing around with your skillset gets boring eventually. When I buy something in a game with real money, SUPPORTING the developers isn't what's on my mind. I do enjoy the game, though at first sight I know a lot of my friends say the game looks boring, which I can understand. Turn-based combat isn't everyone's cup of tea, unless it's Pokémon. However if they bothered to give the game a chance, I'm sure they would enjoy it too.

My expectations for this game aren't that high, simply because I don't LIKE when things change too much. I welcome the changes that have been made both recently and at the beginning of Omega, along with the robots and other stuff in earlier phases. Epic Duel is in my personal opinion, better now than it used to be 5 years ago.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
11/29/2013 7:43:30   
Pemberton

I play it because it so easy to win. I just class change and copy builds.
Post #: 14
11/29/2013 13:17:43   
Remorse

quote:

I only play when the "general" gameplay is updated. Like if skill trees are changed, new skill cores arrive, or anything else that changes duels. I got bad karma from EpicDuel because of its extensive probability mechanics in a strategy game, plus it is not very replayable, being linear.

This, I am in the exact same boat as depressed.

And I admit I actually enjoyed the passive rework into active skills for a while until they gave BHs static.

Now game-play is extremely boring once again.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 11/29/2013 13:18:35 >
Epic  Post #: 15
11/29/2013 13:47:26   
killerman164

I play it to let people win while I'm getting my buttkicked by a bunch of pros. ;)
Post #: 16
11/29/2013 13:53:19   
edwardvulture

quote:

This, I am in the exact same boat as depressed.

read that out of context, haha.

I tend to enjoy this game just a bit more when I make new builds and switch chars. I have a near level cap character of each class. I mostly only come to play updates now because of stuff in life. I never personally paid for this game but, one time someone bought me varium because I helped get a faction daily and ended up on the leader boards at the end of the day(the only time so far. Also that time I did surveys to get enough varium to create my faction. ATM, I wouldn't play other computer games over Epicduel because it has a certain appeal to me or because having one of each class is way funner than just having one character. The exception is when the other AE games update and possibly when ROTMG(I just died today with 5200 fame, if you know what I mean) updates. I might pay for this game when I run out of credits and they release new stuff that I "just got to have!".(Not likely because I'm still running on my battle token conversion fund and also because I don't like most cores and don't find them worth my creds/time to get them)

I think Epicduel would be more popular in the future as people start playing less sports and start playing more computer games, unless, of course, League of Legends(I don't play that) get them all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
11/29/2013 15:31:14   
Shajun Ki

I don't play, anyone who finds enjoyment in battling players with base hp, same stats, same builds, same strategy, is insane in my book. No offence.
Post #: 18
11/29/2013 17:01:14   
Wootz

Because I still love the game as much I had loved it before.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/1/2013 1:38:49   
Nexus...

Interesting rationalities, thanks.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 20
12/1/2013 12:56:17   
ED Divine Darkness

I play it cos i like it.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/1/2013 13:22:02   
lionblades

I play when there are updates.
quote:

Do you play other games? If so what game(s) do you play, and why have you chosen to play them over EpicDuel.

So many of my friends left for LoL...like 9 people!
AQW  Post #: 22
12/1/2013 20:35:15   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

80% of the people I used to play with have quit. Some times have been lonelier than others but in the end I always manage to find new friends.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/2/2013 9:04:08   
SouL Prisoner

Well, i don't really do anything much, so ... idk.. afraid i might get left behind. And what if i decide to return one day... then??? So, just pushing my self for the time being i guess...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/2/2013 15:38:46   
Altador987

the matches are a fun challenge, maybe not so much anymore as certain builds tend to be viral but the game has great potential
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why do you still play?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition