Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Hatchling Rush

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Hatchling Rush
Page 8 of 8«<45678
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/16/2013 5:39:02   
kaierti1
Banned

Mother1,
i have blocked his comments i cant see. and dont matter. i win first but lose 6 battle in a row then.

< Message edited by kaierti1 -- 12/16/2013 5:41:18 >
Post #: 176
12/16/2013 6:56:25   
DarkDevil

there is a difference between helped and made it true.
as he points the core made a 40 hp which made them win.
the normal core is only 5-8 effect so this one is more than Quad the effect.
since a core effect was increased due to odd which is 2 heals meaning it was only 20 effect thus dealing only with 20 proves it also to be over double a normal core power.

wining due to skill or strategy is good.
but as he said he won because of core thus proving the point himself that the core is OP.

also tell him i can see his posts thus blocking me only causes him to be blinded about the details.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/16/2013 7:02:14 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 177
12/16/2013 10:06:47   
Dual Thrusters

@mother

Yea...but it can also be the other way around...
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
12/16/2013 14:14:39   
Hellion Storm

Is it bad that I never had a issue with this core and just played around it? Can someone explain to me what builds it completely shuts down? I only see it being a slight issue in 2v2.

< Message edited by Hellion Storm -- 12/16/2013 14:18:09 >
Epic  Post #: 179
12/16/2013 14:28:18   
Steel Slayer

I agree with Hellion, this core isn't all that OP. Unless it's well timed, it isn't hard to deal with at all. It's only devastating if your health and armor are both low, heal before its used and its no big deal. If it hits you when your health is kinda low, shield so you lose less. Heck, 14 energy is fairly expensive, drain them and don't let them use it at all. Its a good core, and yes I find it useful a lot, but since getting it I've found plenty of fights I've won without even using it. Like the Android, just because someone can't figure out a counter to something doesn't make it OP.
Epic  Post #: 180
12/16/2013 15:00:39   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Above

You fail to realize it works with strength so it can do pretty nasty damage on top of putting a nasty debuff on you. It can be an is easily abused by quick kill builds especially ones with smoke/malf. It's amplified x3 when in 2v2 where Mercs will Hatch Rush you then proceed to super bunk you down. I see even the tankiest players die in 2 turns because they can't heal off 70+33 bunker cannon. This also goes for Plasma Bolt, Kamikaze BH/BMs anyone.
AQW Epic  Post #: 181
12/16/2013 15:19:34   
Steel Slayer

@Valkyrie, yes I realize it works with strength, and at some point it will likely be nerfed to do 85% damage like all the other cores with effects(like that azreal gun that everyone used to complain about), my post was more concerning the effect of the core, not the damage done by the attack that carries the effect.
Epic  Post #: 182
12/16/2013 16:56:09   
Dual Thrusters

Ok since it's a problem in 2v2....

How about make in reduce the target's firld medic, AND ONLY that field medic. Your partner can still heal you for a full amount. Bloodlust and Generator etc. are no longer affected.

< Message edited by Dual Thrusters -- 12/16/2013 16:59:17 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 183
12/16/2013 17:02:07   
Steel Slayer

that would be UP, badly
if it was free, it would be ok........
Epic  Post #: 184
12/16/2013 17:45:20   
Mother1

@ Dual

That would make this core about as popular as the bunny robot's special in 2 vs 2. In other words it will make this core so avoidable it won't be funny especially with classes that have mark of blood.
Epic  Post #: 185
12/16/2013 18:13:45   
Dual Thrusters

Uh, not if you use it after the enemy partner has healed.

And let's lower the cost to 5 EP to be fair.

This move will be forced to be used more tactically.

P.S. You still can't deny the fact that this core ruins variety in 2v2.

< Message edited by Dual Thrusters -- 12/16/2013 18:23:17 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 186
12/16/2013 19:24:16   
Remorse

I agree with dual, plus it will NO WAY NEAR make the core UP.

It will be a very slight nerf so people can perhaps last enough turns to outlast the 3 turns and actully use a decent heal.

Another idea is to make feild medic only cost 50% as well eg if it costs 19 it will now cost 10 and be less effective.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/16/2013 19:27:17 >
Epic  Post #: 187
12/16/2013 22:11:51   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

i won now with 33 partner 2 v 2. 36 and 33 vs 36 and 36. by this core. they healed 2 times 21 and 21 but we killed one and then won. it helps really. dont need nerf. u must proud that this weapon possible buyable with credits. and i hope next friday weapons will be able to buy with credits too

Just cause everyone can get it doesn't mean it's balanced or fair. Omega is all about customizing yourself and using what you want to use, meaning I should use whatever primary I want to use and still stand a fair chance.

And I have a pretty decent idea IMO: What if upon use it permanently reduces the target's max HP by 20%? To compensate for this, it will get an increased energy cost up to 18, it will be given a 3-turn warmup, and players who have higher than 80% their max HP won't get reduced down by the effects. Meaning if I have 100 HP when this gets used on me and my max HP is 100, I will still keep 100 HP, it's just that once I get below 80 HP I can no longer heal up to 100. This effect will last for the entire fight, and will deal 0 damage. I think this'll work because it'll stop heal loopers by reducing their max HP (which was probably one of the original intended purposes), prevents glass cannons and full-offensive rushing builds from abusing this, and provide some strategy and fairly crippling effects in 2v2.
Epic  Post #: 188
12/16/2013 22:27:06   
Remorse

^I really like that idea penguin great idea.
Epic  Post #: 189
12/16/2013 22:32:00   
GearzHeadz

That doesn't sound very good to me. I mean how often do your enemies heal back to max health anyways?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 190
12/16/2013 22:37:50   
Remorse

^ plenty of times plus cores shouldn't be useful in evey single game...
That is part the reason this core is so strog because especially in 2v2 healing is almost a requirement.

Why do people think it's ok to have so rediculously overpowered items in this game..

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/16/2013 22:39:45 >
Epic  Post #: 191
12/16/2013 22:44:35   
GearzHeadz

I never said that I think that its okay to have overpowered items in the game. I have no clue where you got that from.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 192
12/16/2013 22:56:12   
Remorse

^ I said people refering to some people in this discussion. Sorry if you thought that wad directed at you.
Epic  Post #: 193
12/16/2013 22:58:46   
GearzHeadz

Its fine. I do agree this item needs some tweaking, I just don't know what.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 194
12/16/2013 23:05:20   
Mother1

@ Exploding penguin

3 turns to wait before nerfing your opponent's HP by 20% and they have to be at 80% before the effect even takes place? I can see this only being useful against high HP builds since the less HP you have the less effect this core would have.

@ Remorse

While I can agree with you on that one (overpowered cores shouldn't be in the game) I find it funny that the most tactical of items and cores are the ones that are the least used with a few exceptions while the most useful of items and cores that people use are deemed overpowered.

I could argue lucky strike for the Celtic cleaver is overpowered but that is another story for another thread.
Epic  Post #: 195
12/16/2013 23:14:40   
Remorse

Thats exactly it mother cores should be situational tactical counters , if this is mainly only useful for a small niche that heal to full hp using penguins idea then that is their cores counter niche and would be all it needs to be.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/16/2013 23:16:31 >
Epic  Post #: 196
12/16/2013 23:43:01   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

3 turns to wait before nerfing your opponent's HP by 20% and they have to be at 80% before the effect even takes place? I can see this only being useful against high HP builds since the less HP you have the less effect this core would have.

So I thought about it and I decided that 30% is a better amount to debuff by. This will reduce someone with 80 HP down all the way to 56 HP, making heal looping, particularly with critical heal much less efficient and more difficult. Higher offense-output builds will have an easier time dealing with heal looping tanks after they reduce their max HP to prevent heals at 30 HP from happening, but the warmup should make this core impossible to rush with.

Also your HP doesn't get decreased at all when you use this new suggestion, even if you currently have max HP and its used on you. It's like you maintain an overheal effect until you go below the new max health, meaning I can have 80/56 HP; I simply can't heal until I reach 55 or lower, and my new max HP to heal with will be 56.

In truth, this new suggestion would probably not be that effective against high HP builds considering most heal loop these days (particularly TMs), and by turn 4 you already have them past the 30% mark and they won't be healing back up ever by somewhere around that point.
Epic  Post #: 197
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Hatchling Rush
Page 8 of 8«<45678
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition