Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Secret Santa Event 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Special Events >> RE: Secret Santa Event 2013
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/10/2013 14:30:39   
Darius19962

Count me in
Post #: 76
12/10/2013 16:14:26   
ateras360

guurl Im in
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 77
12/10/2013 23:13:05   
Seahawk

Nothing like waiting until the last minute... I'm in.

(Ok, I guess I still have 46 minutes until it's truly the last minute, but whatever....)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
12/10/2013 23:23:45   
  AnimalKing

Count me in!
Post #: 79
12/11/2013 0:11:14   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

And 8 minutes late... Signing up is over!

Thank you all for signing up! In the next few minutes I will update the first post of the thread with information about Stage 2, and all of you will receive today PMs with the name of the person you will be making a gift to.
Remember, this is a Secret Santa event, so don't share your gift in this thread, and preferably anywhere, so your person won't see it and link it to you by accident!

(If you still wish you reveal yourself, wait for further instructions and information in Stage 3)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 80
12/11/2013 10:47:40   
Beshin Adin

Just a question. Is there any chance AE will turn the art we give into gear for that person?
AQ AQW  Post #: 81
12/11/2013 11:13:25   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Sadly, the chance of getting the items you will make as a gift into the game are the same as getting any items into the game.

Yet, such gear for the games is a great idea for a gift, and I'm sure the person who will receive them won't be disappointed.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 82
12/12/2013 12:34:32   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Just for confirmation, our work CAN be a written work? As in a story? It doesn't have to be a drawing or flash art or anything?
DF  Post #: 83
12/12/2013 12:53:24   
DragonKnight90

Sure! Don't worry about it! :D
Art is not objective, but rather subjective. Besides, making a story as a gift is really cool!! :D
AQW  Post #: 84
12/12/2013 14:12:19   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

As an official answer:

DragonKnight90 is correct, every form of art is acceptable, including written art and many more mediums that you haven't though about yet, like baking or composing a song.

Also, because I already got a couple of entries, I want to remind everyone that you have almost two more weeks to send the gifts, no need to rush your gift, take the time to make it the best gift you can!

I hope you are enjoying the event like I do!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 85
12/13/2013 9:33:18   
Geek

I might make my Secret Santa some candeh.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 86
12/14/2013 15:15:13   
Beck

So I'm not quite sure where to start for my present. How are you guys coming up ideas for your person? How could I figure out what they like?
AQW  Post #: 87
12/15/2013 2:28:41   
  Starflame13

If you don't know the person, you could probably just make something that resembled AE in general, like a Frostval scene from one of the games. You could also take that persons name and do something cool with it, like a drawing or poem or something.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 88
12/16/2013 1:04:29   
Legendium

@Beck

See if they have a fanfiction. That's always a great way to start. Last hear I got lucky and had to make a gift for Guardian Patrick, who has a whole website devoted to his characters. Seeing if they have a homepage on their forum account also works. Or go through their old posts and see of they have some gimmick. Like Eukara and dragonflies, for instance.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 89
12/16/2013 13:13:53   
Beck

Fortunately someone I know knew the person xD I hope they like my gift.
AQW  Post #: 90
12/16/2013 21:15:38   
salene

i know that it is too late to sign up, but i would love to make the extra gifts needed. i don't need a gift, i just want to spread holliday cheer. i am terrible at drawing though, so i will write stories, poems, songs, epic RP mini thingamabobs. anyway, tell me if i can't help and i will respectfully back off. just wanting to help. t would be great if you could PM me your response. anyway. have a nice holliday season, and enjoy secret santa!

-Salene
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 91
12/17/2013 0:17:28   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I don't know my person, so I am going to try and do something cool with the name. We'll see how my hand drawing goes this time around.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
12/17/2013 4:06:37   
PyroPuppy
Adorable!

Only one week left to finish your gifts!

Wow, so far I've received many great gifts, I just hope you enjoyed making them as I enjoyed seeing them.

Before you all send me the rest of the gifts, one thing I must point out, which I forgot to do so earlier, is that you shouldn't upload it using Twitter, Facebook or any social site that is connected to your forum name. Remember, this is a Secret Santa event, and some forumites may prefer to leave the identity of their Secret Santa hidden.

Instead, you can use few anonymous alternatives, such as TinyPic

salene: Thank you very much for your volunteering! I'll definitely add your name to the volunteers list, and I will contact you through PM if an extra gift is needed!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 93
12/17/2013 19:19:30   
salene

@pyropuppy thanks a million. i felt like doing something productive instead of just sitting and doing nothing. tell me whoever needs something and i will make sure to get on it. Salene... AWAY!

-Salene
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 94
12/18/2013 8:14:44   
Legendium

I probably should have said this earlier, but if whoever has me hasn't started yet due to lack of ideas, you could check in the RP part of the forum. I hang out there a lot and there is probably plenty of stuff there that you could inspire you.

This is probably late, but who knows? I'll make sure to say that up front next time though.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 95
12/18/2013 8:22:29   
eqystad

aww missed sign up :(
Post #: 96
12/19/2013 17:38:43   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

eqystad, you could always just volunteer to make extra gift's if you feel like it. I'm sure they'd be happy for the help.

Whew! Time's slipping away quicker than I expected it too, It'll be the twenty fourth before we even know it!

< Message edited by DaiTigris -- 12/19/2013 17:39:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 97
12/20/2013 12:21:32   
Stabilis

Whoops I thought the due date was today so I made a final copy (not rushed). Well, I have 4 days so I can work on it some more.
AQ Epic  Post #: 98
12/22/2013 13:29:03   
Razen

Don't worry about not getting one from me. I'm working on it. It's on its way. It's going to be amazing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
12/22/2013 22:20:42   
Char

Are we really that close to the deadline? Better get started then... #Procrastinate
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> [Gallery Events] >> Special Events >> RE: Secret Santa Event 2013
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition