Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Beck's Oversoul Stash

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> Oversoul Art Gallery >> Beck's Oversoul Stash
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/2/2013 1:27:21   
Beck

Hello and thanks for stopping by! I'll be keeping any relatively current or at least, not embarrassing Oversoul related art here, for our community's viewing pleasure.

I draw almost entirely in Photoshop, and only occasionally, but if anyone has suggestions about ways I could improve my technique or about a new style or trick I should try, please do mention it!

Watch this turn into this giant gallery of Ice Beetle variations xD
AQW  Post #: 1
12/2/2013 1:41:26   
Beck

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 12/2/2013 1:45:02 >
AQW  Post #: 2
12/2/2013 1:47:20   
Beck

AQW  Post #: 3
12/2/2013 1:50:00   
Beck

AQW  Post #: 4
12/2/2013 1:51:34   
Beck

AQW  Post #: 5
12/2/2013 4:57:33   
  Kokujoe

@Beck Beautiful Gallery! Love them all, especially the bottom one
From what I've noticed your brush strokes have improved significantly from the time you started, so keep practicing [experiment with layers and different brushes].
Also study tones [highlight and shadows] <--- That will considerably improve your artworks.

**Remember practice makes perfect!** ^____^

~Kokujoe [Shogun's gonna strike back]

< Message edited by kokujoe -- 12/2/2013 5:00:39 >
Post #: 6
12/2/2013 7:44:06   
DeathGuard

I'd say the Bloody Beetle is my favorite, probably because it shows other point of view from what we normally see of the character itself. It caught my attention due to that little detail.

Though I must say the detail in the wings of the Ice Beetle look really good, the contrast of the two colors create a pleasant feeling when watching it. I think the drawing would have look better if you did the same amount of detail in the other parts of the drawing since I feel wings shadow a bit the rest of the drawing.

The Revontheus' Fan arts are well done, and look pretty good IMO. I don't really have a critique for the drawings, they are well elaborated and the poses look natural.

IIRC, you have more OS stuff to be added still like the Ancient Shrine character which has been one of my favorite OS suggestions I have seen.
Keep up with the good art and keep practicing too. Will be checking your gallery often to see your art.

EDIT: Would be cool if you linked your images to the original so people could have a higher resolution image to look at.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 12/2/2013 7:45:18 >

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/2/2013 10:41:55   
BJEBLE

The shadowing in your first two pictures are amazing, and the last one is really a nice touch *whispers* because the other beetle is scary. *end whisper* Anyways Beck, I really enjoyed you're drawings and i can't wait to see more.

< Message edited by BJEBLE -- 12/2/2013 10:42:38 >
DF  Post #: 8
12/3/2013 7:17:07   
Megadragonknight

Very interesting artwork, Beck. Very interesting. :D
Post #: 9
12/3/2013 22:09:04   
The Finnish Phoenix

Haha! I love the Abber+Rev pic! Saw your amazing beetle pics earlier but the Rev ones are new to me, all are of course incredible. Wonderful touches of humor in your art! It's lovely knowing that there'll be a new Beck painting after the Earth tournament's resolved; I'll do whatever I can to win and have a part in its direction.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
12/4/2013 1:03:12   
Beck

@kokujoe
Thanks! :D And yes, I'm still working on the shadows and tones thing - gotta make those pics shiny! I get inspired from seeing other people's works and I try to imitate the ones I admire. Will keep at it!

@DeathGuard
Thanks you! That's a zombie beetle... and then I realized that bugs have exoskeletons and so wouldn't really look that much different, so I added a jaw xD
And the wings thing, I'm flattered haha! That was the time I realized you could layer lock a brush pattern and then gradient it for easy, extra shines.

I'm not adding the Ancient Shrine dragon because... well... I have mixed feelings about it; I'm glad I finished it and think it turned out ok, but I feel foolish for believing it'd get made in the game and then not having that happen due to real life interruptions xP

And if I draw something big for the future, I'll link them out :) These are alright sized, I think.

@Bjeble
Thanks for stopping by and saying nice things about me flubbing around with brushes xD

@Megaknight

@TFP
*bows* Thanks and I'll try to do my best to meet the winner's expectations :)
Also, that first pic is Rev giving Jono his teddy bear, Todd xP I drew it back when I thought we'd get "Jono and Todd", the asylum characters for Friday the 13th.
AQW  Post #: 11
12/4/2013 19:13:22   
Cyber doom5

OMG what did he kill.

i really like how well you did the shading in the drawing and the contrast between the eye and dark
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
12/4/2013 21:45:49   
Jmagician

OMG! XD I laughed more than I should have in your last picture. All of your pictures are really cool, but the first and last one are my favourites! Keep up the good work.
AQW  Post #: 13
12/15/2013 14:14:57   
The Mango

Nice drawings Beck! I'm so jealous!
AQW  Post #: 14
12/24/2013 0:52:07   
Beck

Haha this was fun xD
AQW  Post #: 15
12/24/2013 11:18:08   
The Mango

By far the best one is that last one with Robintheus and Nulgman.. Batgath?
AQW  Post #: 16
12/24/2013 11:34:09   
EliteWarlockz

I wanna see the Batgath Mobile. :P

< Message edited by EliteWarlockz -- 12/24/2013 11:46:39 >
Post #: 17
12/24/2013 12:04:44   
Beck

@the Mango
Thanks xD I'd like to think I'm getting better, and that I'm using my powers for Good.

@Elitewarlock
Oh man, it'd have to be spiky, and huge, with tons of faces on it, and also black and sleek like the Batmobile! ...that'd take a more talented artist than I to tackle lol
AQW  Post #: 18
12/24/2013 12:15:41   
EliteWarlockz

And remember with great power comes with great responsibility. Use it wisely.
Post #: 19
12/24/2013 18:36:13   
The Finnish Phoenix

Words cannot describe how much I love that Batman and Robin pic. <3
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 20
12/24/2013 22:23:44   
Megadragonknight

@Beck
One word to describe your newest art creation: FANTASTIC! You need to work on the Batgath Mobile just like what Elite suggested! :D
Post #: 21
12/31/2013 3:48:05   
Beck

Oversoul Earth Tournament Prize Pic:
AQW  Post #: 22
12/31/2013 9:17:41   
bokterier

Wow! Ō_Ō
Le incredible! You have some gud talent, man!

(Since you drew my signature, I'll just leave it here...)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/1/2014 13:19:17   
The Mango

Beck, thank you for letting my eyes see that last pic.
AQW  Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> Oversoul Art Gallery >> Beck's Oversoul Stash
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition