Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(AQ) Dragons in the Snow: A Drakonnax Frostval CnC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (AQ) Dragons in the Snow: A Drakonnax Frostval CnC
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/6/2013 23:29:34   
Sir Arceon

A Frostval Story I plan to write as things go along. As I write this, I begin to wonder what Bree-Ha's role in all this will be...

< Message edited by Drakonnax -- 12/6/2013 23:30:42 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
12/20/2013 23:28:15   
Sir Arceon

A bit of revisory done, Chapter 2 coming soon.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
12/21/2013 16:39:02   
Sir Arceon

Chapter 2 done. Before you ask, yes, I'm using direct quotes from the quest, but that's only to make it more canonnically correct.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
12/23/2013 22:01:02   
Sir Arceon

Alright... last night, I finished Chapter 3, right up to the battle with Xitra... and then accidentally backed out of the page before I could post it.

My morale meter dropped to absolute zero.

Learning from that, I have decided to save pieces of my chapters at a time. Part 1 of chapter 3 is up, and I shall continue on it immediately.

(And would someone give me some feedback, please? I'm getting tired of multi-posting.)

< Message edited by Drakonnax -- 12/23/2013 22:02:15 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
12/24/2013 1:36:40   
Sir Arceon

Sweet, made it all the way to chapter 4! I'll put up the Epilogue probably sometime after Gift Delivery, but until then, please give me feedback on my work and let me know if there's anything I need to fix. I really appreciate it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
1/3/2014 23:12:18   
Sir Arceon

At long last, finally done! I hope you all enjoyed my Frostval story, however short it was. I'm going to get back to the festivities, so Happy Frostval and New Year to everyone!

Also, for the love of Kethorat, will SOMEONE give me some feedback already, PLEASE!?!? @\m/@
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
1/4/2014 7:13:19   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@Drakonnax: There aren't many people to comment around here except maybe during wars and even then it usually is limited to those threads. Anyway, let's begin shall we?

quote:

"C'mon, we've gotta find Zorbak!" sad Drakonnax finally, his forehead reddened from the repeated facepalming.

said

Please use quietube for music in the future.

quote:

"You have won the day. Bravo. I am only <> you cannot stick around K'eld Naer for more conversation."

Something appears to be missing here.

quote:

The Dragonheart is a relic of great power, used by Limkragg and Ser'Mathis themselves before their ascension.

What of the other three yet unnamed (or rather to be revealed) draconic demipowers?

For my final thoughts it seems like the story isn't all that short. It is entirely possible to write a short and compelling story within one post. Rather it is that there are very few original additions that you made to this story. I'm not saying that is bad, but people already "know" what is going to happen and from my personal experience the people who play AQ usually don't read stories and would rather replay a quest a few times rather than read an adaption. Adaptions if done well enough can be very powerful, but they must lead to interesting insights about the characters you are writing about. Sir Nicholas did a pretty good job with his AQ-story, I'd recommend reading it if only to see what I'm talking about.

Now, that is not to say there aren't any insights into Amoria and Drakonnax's characters, but they are the same ones I've seen in your previous story about the two falling in love. Which reminds me, you might want to use a single discussion thread to discuss all of your stories. At least the ones which are about Drakonnax (AQ). It's easier to find what was said about your characters that way.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
1/25/2014 19:44:14   
Sir Arceon

Thank you, Dwelling. I'm going to keep working on my storywriting and, with luck, I'll improve. What I'm really going for is to create stories that everyone will enjoy. As for the Drakonnax & Amoria thing, well, that's basically all I can come up with for my AQ character. Like I said, I just want to improve. If there's any more advice you can give me, like maybe some pointers on what makes an AQ story good, I'd surely appreciate it.

To be honest, I'm kind of hoping that I can come up with something better than just romance stories... As for the typos, I blame my malfunctioning keyboard.

Also, sorry, but have no idea what quietube is.

< Message edited by Drakonnax -- 1/25/2014 19:48:20 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
1/27/2014 11:53:39   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@Drakonnax: I think that the Dragonheart could make for a very interesting story(line), because it was original content it piqued my interest and I have used subtle references to the draconic deities myself so that could also have something to do with it.

This is quietube.

As to what I think makes an AQ story great or any fanfiction for that matter .... (aside from abiding the forum rules)

Respect the source material: This means research, research, research. In the case you wish to include the characters of other players ask them about their characters. It will gain you respect and readers. You are pretty strong, but I feel that there is still some room for improvement.

Respect your own characters and material: While some people manage to avert the first pitfall, they might just slip up and fall into this one. Treat your own characters with the respect they deserve, then your readers will follow suit. Make us believe they are people with interests, dreams, hopes, fears, ambitions, quirks, talents and flaws.

Your character is adopted into the ruling family of Medrovia and is a prodigy dracomancer, so there probably isn't much room for a thing such as ambition as far as the dracomancers are concerned.

Adequate challenge in the conflict: When you write conflicts, don't make the protagonist win without a sweat. Amoria has an ability which completely enthralls people and that could hurt the challenge. Mary Sues are boring for a reason.

Originality: Bring something new to the table.

Credibility: Step back, try to be as unbiased as you can possibly be and ask yourself whether you would believe it if you'd play it as an AQ player. This often clashes with the former as something original does not always feel "right". The originality then has to compete to offer a suitable explanation as to why it would work. Your guts will usually be in the right and if you are still not sure then you could always ask your readers for feedback.

i.e. Drakonnax fought under Bradakhan during his rebellion.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> (AQ) Dragons in the Snow: A Drakonnax Frostval CnC
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition