Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Increase Arcade Item sellback rate

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Increase Arcade Item sellback rate
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/7/2013 11:55:43   
Silver Sky Magician

20 credits? Really? I could earn almost twice that from a normal 1v1 battle.

I suggest increasing arcade item sellback to 500 credits for bronze, 1000 for silver and 1500 for gold. This would actually make the arcade worthwhile. And with the ridiculous credit inflation, this would hardly unbalance the game. Or maybe 250, 500, 1000 - play around with the numbers, but the sellback needs to drastically increase.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 12/7/2013 11:57:20 >
Post #: 1
12/7/2013 11:59:42   
Mother1

Not supported.

The arcade was made to give prizes 100% of the time not to be a farming spot.
Epic  Post #: 2
12/7/2013 12:02:44   
Silver Sky Magician

Thing is, the prizes often have insignificant value. So what's the point of the arcade, when it just puts useless items into your inventory most of the time? And you can't 'farm' the arcade - you can only get one token per day, which amounts to 250 credits a day. That's just the equivalent of about 6-7 1v1 wins. Nothing compared to the 20+ wins each daily mission chain requires.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 12/7/2013 12:04:25 >
Post #: 3
12/7/2013 12:04:55   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

If this happened someone with 10k varium could get over 5 million credits.

10,000x500=5,000,000. Not to mention the times they would earn a silver or gold prize.

If this was implemented, someone, like me, would use it to gain credits.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/7/2013 12:05:20   
Predator9657

^ I totally agree. 20 credits is almost nothing.
Epic  Post #: 5
12/7/2013 12:07:17   
Silver Sky Magician

Chosen One, I think your math is off. It's 125 varium for 1 token, 2000 for 20. So if one has 10k varium, he would get just 50k credits under the first system, or 25k under the second. Quite underwhelming, no? The conversion rate is horrible. To put that into perspective, you can buy 45k credit bots for 1500 varium.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 12/7/2013 12:09:23 >
Post #: 6
12/7/2013 12:09:06   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I don't know why but I in my head I was thinking 1 token per varium lol. I just woke up.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/7/2013 12:17:47   
axell5

i support this because when you win a weapon or armor, in whichever section, you must train it and there goes 10k of your credits, and what if i don't like it? Let it stay and rot in my inventory or sell it fr 20 credits? if i used varium, would I be satisfied with using my varium for nothing? And i mean absolutely nothing, yes, the 10k credit prize or the cool weps re a nice thing to get but they are in gold section and super hard to win
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 8
12/7/2013 13:25:39   
Altador987

supported due to the fact that i bought varium specifically for the arcade and out of the many (i bought like15-20 or so) items i received only 6 were even usable for my mage, i got more claws and axes than anything...i can't even EQUIP those... and out of those six, only 2 could be used as i received 3 of the same house item, and three of the same staff, it was literally a slap to the face and then adding insult to injury, what's the point of a 100% chance to win something if you can't use the item anyway? and what's the point in hoping to get an item you can use if it's possible to get the same item over and over again?
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/7/2013 13:53:09   
Mother1

@ Silver sky

Actually if I spend all my varium from a 10K package on tokens I can get 100 token. with it being 500 credits a pop per item I could get as little as 50,000 credits and as much as 150,000 credits depending on what which prizes I win.

and if I got the 12,000 varium package I could get 120 tokens. With this in play I could get 60,000 credits min and as much as 180,000 credits depending on what I won. (unless you manage to keep winning battle tokens)

But on a serious note, unless you are actually spending varium on tokens (which most players don't) you are still getting credits every time you do the missions for the arcade token. Especially if you get those mission chains where you must do PVP battles. So not only are you getting the prize from the arcade, you are getting the rewards from the other missions, (200 credits) the money from battling the players to complete these missions, and if you have to battle a NPC within your level range the prizes you get for beating them.

So if you look at it, if you add up all the work you do to get the token you already have earned a good deal of credits as it is, plus you win every single time at the arcade. If this was the first arcade I could support, however with the new one I can't.
Epic  Post #: 10
12/7/2013 15:01:37   
edwardvulture

daily missioins were made for farming
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 11
12/7/2013 15:10:24   
axell5

well we get arcade tokens from daily missions and varium which both are important( while varium is important, daily missions are farmable so the reward we get from the reward of daily missions should also be farmable)
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 12
12/7/2013 17:11:58   
Mother1

@ Axell5

Daily missions are farmable for a sort of credits, however daily missions 9/10 have to deal with the main purpose of the game which is PVP battle. The arcade not so as it is only meant for something fun to do in game. Make the arcade prizes farmable and you will have the masses playing the arcade even more rather than PVP.

Epic  Post #: 13
12/7/2013 17:33:29   
axell5

farmable, how more farmable than daily missions? 1 token per day to get 350, 700 or 1400 credits(bronze, silver, gold :P) or if you like the weapon you get to keep it and upgrade/use it
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 14
12/7/2013 19:23:38   
Dual Thrusters

You go through so much trouble getting that arcade token. It takes around 30-60 minutes. And it is only once a day. Don't tell me that's farmable -.-

quote:

I suggest increasing arcade item sellback to 500 credits for bronze, 1000 for silver and 1500 for gold

Silver Sky is suggesting a small amount. You call 500-1500 credits a token abusable? Even if you had 10,000 varium, you would only get 25k at least.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/7/2013 19:44:23   
Mother1

@ dual

and during that trouble to get the arcade token you are still earning credits depending on your level when doing NPC missions or you are earning credits while doing player vs player missions to get to that token.

That is what you are forgetting.

So by the time you go through all that trouble to get that token, you already got

1 The mission rewards for the previous missions
2 the rewards you get when you face players in battle win or lose
3 the rewards/ possible drop items you would get if you are within 5 levels of a NPC

add all of that up and you got yourself quite a bit of credits.

You get 200 for the first two missions, and let's say you had to do the 10 1 vs 1's 7 2 vs 2's and pat down mission.

37 X 10 = 370 credits min without power hour, loses, and the opponent isn't a higher level than you if you win. If the opponent is stronger than you and you win or you are playing power hour you get more.

74 x 7 = 518 credits min without power hour, loses, and if the opponent team isn't higher than you. If they are an you win or you are playing during power hour you will get more.

so from these 2 missions you are getting 888 credits at the least and add that with the mission rewards for these 2 and you got 1,088 credits min if you manage to win these without problem and no special conditions happen.

So for what SSM is asking for the items to be worth (250, 500, 1000) you already got those from doing this mission chain.

Now if you do the others you will get even more. There is no need to raise the sellback since what she is asking for is already earned through doing the missions.
Epic  Post #: 16
12/7/2013 20:57:07   
Jaseidon

maybe just change it to your class and you can only win what your class supports, e.g Bounty hunter-Swords and wristblades rather than there being mauls and staffs aswell
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/7/2013 21:32:35   
Silver Sky Magician

@Mother1

But you see, even from your point of view, that just makes the daily missions themselves worthwhile. It does not, however, make the arcade itself worthwhile. Look at some other missions for which the Arcade Token is awarded. Beating the Exile Leader, for instance. And I go through all that trouble to get...20 credits?!

And I would like to make a distinction between mission rewards and what you get from the mission. I do not consider the credits earned through the battles required for the mission a 'reward' for that mission. It's only fair to compare the net gain if you didn't do the missions, to if you did do them, ceteris paribus. (i.e. having the same no. of wins and losses in both scenarios) And currently, the net gain is laughable.

BTW the varium-to-credit ratio with the new system would be x5 at least and x15 at max, with the first, and x2.5 at least and x10 at max with the second. Compared to the current x30 for bots. Even if you win all gold prizes, it's still a waste of varium.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 12/7/2013 21:44:10 >
Post #: 18
12/7/2013 21:40:19   
Pemberton

Supported. 20 credits is a slap to the face of players. You are bending the rules of sell back to your favor.
Not just the laughable sell back, but it also adds to inventory space.
The least you can do is make it 30-40% sell back and not this 1% sell back lol
Post #: 19
12/8/2013 0:56:34   
Mother1

@ SSM

you were asking for a credit boost on the items given to the arcade. I was point out that the same boost you wanted from items is already given out to you viva daily missions. The arcade is something you play for a prize not a farming spot for credits. Your idea would turn this into just that a daily farming spot.

Plus you keep on forgetting that you win something 100% of the time unlike with the old arcade where you paid 5 battle tokens, fought a battle, and hoped for the chance to win something. If you lost their went 5 tokens for nothing, and even if you did win the battle you didn't have 100% chance to win something.

Epic  Post #: 20
12/8/2013 1:05:25   
GearzHeadz

@Mother1
The credits you get from the daily missions is no where near as much as an item return sell back would be. Not even as much if the item sell back would be even if it was only a 50% sell back.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/8/2013 2:50:04   
edwardvulture

Supported, could get more players to do their daily missions and become more active.
20 credits for selling my Doom Circle 3 times has become an annoyance of sorts.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 22
12/8/2013 5:25:19   
axell5

@Mother1 that means people will DO daily missions and be active
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 23
12/8/2013 7:12:47   
MrBones

I think you guys are missing the obvious: The gear we win in arcade needs to be upgraded. It is always low level. It cost over 1k varium to make that gear usable. So what do we win ???
Epic  Post #: 24
12/8/2013 7:48:05   
Ranloth
Banned

You get a weapon that you may've spent thousands of Credits/few hundred Varium on instead. Arcade serves the purpose of free items via Arcade Tokens, not a farming spot. It's not meant to give you bonus Credits but help you save them by giving you a free item - sometimes may be Misc. - so if you have plenty of items already, it may be essentially useless for you, unless you win Credits/Bots/Cores.

Daily Missions exist as incentive to log in each day and get rewarded for it, via Arcade. You're not forced to do them, and they aren't there for free Credits. If you decide to use Varium, you should be treated no different - Varium is a shortcut, not a special treatment of some sort.

For high level players with a weapon of each kind (E & P), the Arcade will be near useless. For lower level players, who want bonus items - it will be great opportunity. Having gotten Mutating Physical Staff and Kurz Elite, on my L23 TM, I've saved quite an amount of Credits - leaving me with almost 40K Credits to spare, with all items upgraded to my level & only Aux purchased with my own Credits. So, I can get 4 Active cores, or all Passive and one Active at such low level - and I've never purchased Varium on my alt TM.
AQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Increase Arcade Item sellback rate
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition