Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Poison Lethal

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Poison Lethal
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/8/2013 7:50:26   
rejaylob

Poison means something that attacks your body system and kills you slowly. Why not make it Lethal. In other words, make poison able to kill if enemy has Low HP.

I mean its senseless to think that poison cant kill you even if your dieing And besides poison can now be cleansed by Field Medic anyway.
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
12/8/2013 7:56:34   
Ranloth
Banned

Someone stated why it shouldn't kill you, a while back, but I forgot the actual reason. <.< >.>

I'm not sure about it. On one hand, it'd be a buff to Poison - especially after introduction of Cleanse - but I believe it could end up making Botanical Hazard too strong, if looped, and Poison too strong as a whole, because it goes through your defences - no matter how high they are.

I'll go 50/50 on this - in other words, I'm fine as it is now and would be fine if it did get changed and made lethal.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
12/8/2013 8:09:26   
Pemberton

Definitely agree. Why don't we buff a skill only half of the classes have...
Lets buff poison bot too after balancing it...very nice suggestion.

Post #: 3
12/8/2013 8:52:03   
martinsen5

I'm all for poison that kills, however as some people spam their poison bots for FREE, I could easily see this become an issue. Geniunely speaking though, I once tried to make a BH build using Venom Strike, only thing that stopped it from being close to effective was the fact that poison does not kill. :/
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/8/2013 9:06:54   
Ranloth
Banned

Unless we make one exception - Botanical Hazard's Poison would be unable to kill the opponent under any conditions, only skill-based Poison (Venom Strike + Toxic Grenade) would be able to kill.

Reason? Unlike Poison Spores, skill-based Poison is finite and subject to your Energy - as opposed to the duration of a battle.

This would provide a nice buff to the Poison skills owned by classes, and keep Botanical Hazard at bay! :D

There would have to be two adjustments made if this was to be introduced:
  • Skill description changed for 2 skills and Bot's core.
  • Make them not stack, despite different mechanics.

Players would have to be aware that the Poison skills still wouldn't stack, as well as know that the applied Poison will or will not kill the enemy.

< Message edited by Trans -- 12/8/2013 9:14:35 >
  • AQ Epic  Post #: 5
    12/8/2013 11:19:11   
    Altador987

well with the new update the poison bot has received quite a nerf as at 5 focus with 24-29 res i can only do 6 now (not complaining in the slightest) so would it really be that bad? not to mention the only class that can successfully loop it (use it more than twice) is a caster tm as most other classes can use it a 3rd time but by that time it'd be more a disadvantage than anything else, so would we really need to exclude the bot? also i support the idea i always believed that
    AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    12/8/2013 11:32:32   
    Dual Thrusters

On the Scientific note I'll just put it out there that Venom and Toxic Chemicals cause seizures, but do not always kill. It really depends on where the wound was made. Although a few animals with Venom do have the ability to be lethal.

On the Balance note, I think it would be great for Toxic Grenade and Venom Strike to get a buff.

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    12/8/2013 11:45:56   
    Mother1

Not supported. Even with the nerf to the poison bot, I can see people using double poison builds to kill off their opponents for the hunter and TLM class. This would overpower these classes as they can use 2 forms of poison (skill and bot poison) where as the other classes can only use one.
    Epic  Post #: 8
    12/8/2013 11:55:52   
    Ranloth
    Banned

And how would it be different to current double Poison combo - apart from being able to kill with the skill? They wouldn't stack, and only the skill one could kill if the HP was low enough to warrant such.

Other classes can use one? Yes, and these other classes have different skills which the Poison classes don't. Different classes, different skills. How about those who don't use the Bot? Are you basing off your argument from the fact players may own the Bot thus making it overpowered, or the skill alone? When comparing skills' power, you take skills into account - not secondary items.
    AQ Epic  Post #: 9
    12/8/2013 12:11:44   
    Mother1

@ trans

Field medic can cleanse out poison, then those class will just repay the poison right away. Has happened before and can still happen again only this time the poison can kill you where as before it wouldn't.

Plus with the way balance is now, the class jumpers will eat this up, and jump to either BH/CH/ or TLM to abuse this.

But on another note, I do also remember seeing a staff member post why poison wouldn't kill sometime ago.
    Epic  Post #: 10
    12/9/2013 16:48:14   
    LigerBeard

While I see your logic here, @Mother1 is right about it being abused if it was implemented. Plus, it would probably be pretty annoying after a while anyways.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
    12/9/2013 21:05:50   
    Remorse

How about making it a passive core,
    As in lethal poison passive weapon core this means those that want it have to sacrifise the opportunity cost of a diffrent passive core.
    Which when thier are many cores will be a rather big deal.

And providing they make cores unequipable so they can be switched around to suit the build.

But yeh I agree with trans only for the skill tree poisons.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/9/2013 21:08:11 >
    Epic  Post #: 12
    12/10/2013 10:02:24   
    Wootz

I am staying with Trans on this one.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 13
    12/12/2013 2:54:58   
    Jaseidon

yes remosrse, but bounty hunters would still be able to use it no matter what
    AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Poison Lethal
    Jump to:

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition