Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Would we have more players if we omit losses?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Would we have more players if we omit losses?
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/11/2013 3:49:06   
edwardvulture

Now that battles against credit(free) players and variums players are at a pretty even playing level, would we be, as a gaming community, happier overall, if we just did not see the loses and only counted wins. Instead of specific amounts of times we have "lost" we would just see the amount of daily wins and a percentage that resets every day(for you only accessible to you on the leaderboards). I think the worst feeling in this game is getting a lose and knowing how it goes on your permanent record. That is the driving factor for people to change builds, copy builds and forget that this is a game and they should be doing what makes them happy. Also, people who have a "broken" (horrible) record would gladly come back this game.
As for determining skill level, the developers should just release achievements based on win rates(over a period of whenever in a %of whatever).
Some might say that this will cause everyone to switch to fast kill builds, but are those really at all, hard to counter? and are they as viable as they used to be seeing how weapon damage and strength scaling drastically went down?

Actual Suggestion Thread here

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 12/29/2013 19:36:30 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
12/11/2013 3:56:42   
Remorse

Disagree,

Just because they can't get balance right for ages does not mean we should resort to something as drastic as this.

What purpose does this game have if we can't see wins or loses?

Plus this won't change very much at all in terms of variety,

People will still go to the build that wins the most because it would be the fastest,

That or even worse people will go to the builds that win extremely fast but also lose a lot.

EG. put literally everything into STR as a merc and maul zerker people.

That would be far worse then now.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/11/2013 4:01:26 >
Epic  Post #: 2
12/11/2013 4:06:41   
edwardvulture

A thriving game=Happy Players that play it a lot= More People Willing to support it
What is ED right now?
(besides the fact of the nearly 50k likes on the facebook page, we do not know who still really plays this game anymore)

I maul-zerker people even right now...
(lose a lot to bh's tho)

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 12/11/2013 4:08:11 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
12/11/2013 4:08:31   
DarkDevil

i think it will be a good and bad idea in same time.

good that it will be in favor of those who don't have good equipment so they lose 100 times for better item and now they are sealed with the lose.

bad because it will discourage ppl to win because nothing is lost in the loss so why not troll ppl ? see the point.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
12/11/2013 4:09:46   
Remorse

I'm not disagreeing that something is wrong.

It's just I don't think this will help if not, make things worse.

My Opinion.
Epic  Post #: 5
12/11/2013 4:18:50   
edwardvulture

^Actually, to contest your first argument, wouldn't players KNOW that the only way to beat the maulzerker builds are to stock high life and put stats into defenses.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
12/11/2013 5:54:40   
RageSoul

No edward , you can easily do that by spamming all stats to STR and only Primary and nothing else .
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/11/2013 6:57:23   
Warmaker04

Well in Delta, there were 2000 people on ED, now it doesnt even reach 500. the game is falling down slowly...
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/11/2013 9:11:09   
axell5

ATLEAST half of them spend 50$ every 3 weeks or whenever there is a new promo
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 9
12/11/2013 15:20:09   
edwardvulture

If you read my suggestion about achievements relating to your win rates...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
12/11/2013 15:56:55   
Mother1

I doubt it. While this may please players who hate people seeing their loses, if will demotivate some other competitive players. What would I have to strive for if they remove my loses? I will have nothing to make me want to get better if I can't keep track of my loses.
Epic  Post #: 11
12/11/2013 15:58:05   
edwardvulture

once again no one reads about the part about the achievements based on win rates
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
12/11/2013 16:16:56   
Mother1

@ edwardvulture

That will only promote less diversity and more build copying which is also a negative in my book.
Epic  Post #: 13
12/11/2013 16:24:22   
edwardvulture

^what ever happens removing loses can't cause more build copying then we see now. Build copying doesn't= win. Skill and luck and specific type of builds does.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 14
12/11/2013 16:33:03   
Mother1

@ edward

Also yes it can when you reward people with cheevos for win ratios. That is something that isn't in the game right now, and if that came into the game it would give people one more reason to copy the flavor of the week build.

Plus with every balance change they make to try and help balance, it cases far more problems then they actually solve.
Epic  Post #: 15
12/11/2013 16:39:01   
edwardvulture

Is the bh static grenade build really overpowered, or are people using it so they don't lose as much?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
12/11/2013 16:40:42   
axell5

the static grenade itself is very OP due to being 2 skills at 1, strong drain and medium gain which results in destrying oponent's strategy in 1 turn while getting some heal for a smoke or heal
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 17
12/11/2013 16:48:31   
Mother1

@ Axell5

but isn't static smash basically the same thing only that it is blockable?
Epic  Post #: 18
12/11/2013 17:03:02   
edwardvulture

I'm divided about static grenade, you have to remember that if your opponent is out of energy, it is pretty useless.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
12/11/2013 17:08:34   
Stabilis

quote:

I'm divided about static grenade, you have to remember that if your opponent is out of energy, it is pretty useless.

Great, so as a Tech Mage, now I only need to worry about Static Grenade if I use Battery Backup. Just great. I may as well forget about that skill, eh?
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
12/11/2013 18:46:44   
Altador987

that's right, imagine that, eventually you might actually have to rely on pure stats alone instead of looping skills every 3 minutes, i mean of course you could use an assim and battery backup combo that would force the opponent into a situation, but that's completely up to you
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/11/2013 19:16:40   
Stabilis

You say looping skills like it's a bad thing. I spend a turn not attacking, so that I can open up my window of options. Otherwise it's just some lousy weapons fight. I am not a weapons player (currently), and surely I do not want to be one.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 12/11/2013 19:17:19 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
12/11/2013 19:33:16   
Altador987

that's a choice that you make, and no it's certainly not a bad thing, however every move comes with a risk, yours being that you just might not be able to depend on solely looping it's part of the game
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/12/2013 0:56:24   
axell5

@mother1
1)can be blocked so if missed doesn't do anything big
2) although the gaining ability is higher than SC, the draining one isssmaller
3) doesn't synergy with the other skills
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 24
12/12/2013 1:13:17   
FrostWolv

@axell5

4. u forgot to tell it needs CLUB
5. It is 4th tier skill
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Would we have more players if we omit losses?
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition