Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 137 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 137 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/19/2013 19:45:53   
Beck

Rev was just messing around with a new design.
AQW  Post #: 26
12/20/2013 0:15:49   
Megadragonknight

The new Rev that was send to Nulgath at his twitter account is definitely going to be a new addition character in OS. We can hope to see it coming next year. I am hoping the Ice Jester, Goodness of Frost(master and legendary) alongside Xmas Elf will be the Xmas character for this year. The new year character, I am expecting to be this Time character.
Post #: 27
12/20/2013 1:11:21   
Vagaran

Well I wouldn't mind if that Rev is released next year, I can wait ^_^ Ice Jester is hopefully going to be released this season, I like him a little :P
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 28
12/20/2013 1:45:30   
Megadragonknight

Yeah, I am waiting patiently for Goddess of Frost since Frost Queen was released as a playable and possessable character. Hopefully Goddess of Frost will be release as a seasonal character along with Ice Jester. Speaking of Ice Jester, Jester have yet to be release in OS too.
Post #: 29
12/20/2013 5:25:00   
JoelJ1998

yeah....grinding xp gets boring after level 15 huh....
DF AQW  Post #: 30
12/20/2013 7:05:12   
Megadragonknight

The only way to make PvE more fun is to follow my idea. Here is my idea for the PvE battle in the special room.

quote:

1)Normal PvE battle - We can select any 1 character as our opponent.
2)Tag PvE battle - We select any 2 characters as our opponent while we select any 2 of our character for tag team PvE battle.
3)Arena PvE tournament - We select any 6 characters as our opponent while we choose 6 of our characters in the battle. Switching of characters on both player and opponent side are allowed.

Winning the Arena PvE tournament will gain more gold and EXP.

Post #: 31
12/20/2013 7:53:55   
JoelJ1998

wouldnt that make it so it would never be hard to find newly released characters? Or do you have a counter for that
DF AQW  Post #: 32
12/20/2013 8:07:27   
Megadragonknight

Oh, almost forgot to include that possession rate will NOT occur in this special room. The special room is create for PvE battle. You can choose to fight any characters including those that can't ever be fought as AI in PvE like Void Knight, Void Champion, Founder Champion, Orc Chieftain, Taro and some other characters that are permanent, seasonal rare, shop characters or other characters like Treasure Chest. Helpful in farming gold and XP quite easier but the difficulty remain the same as how we always fight in PvE.

More importantly, choosing to fight any kind of character is going to be interesting and fun. The Arena PvE tournament is the most interesting battle system I cam up with. I am hoping this can happen in OS one day.
Post #: 33
12/20/2013 8:10:06   
The Death Angel

quote:

1)Normal PvE battle - We can select any 1 character as our opponent.
2)Tag PvE battle - We select any 2 characters as our opponent while we select any 2 of our character for tag team PvE battle.
3)Arena PvE tournament - We select any 6 characters as our opponent while we choose 6 of our characters in the battle. Switching of characters on both player and opponent side are allowed.

1)People will start to choose the characters that are the easiest to kill to make farming quicker and easier.
2)Could be nice, would prefer tag PvP battles as I don't see how it gets more fun by playing more characters at once
3)Honestly, a tournament in any form would be nice, but all your suggestions have 1 big flaw.

In all your suggestions you can choose who to fight, and from my experience with gaming, it will be more or less exploited to gain easier acces to levels and gold, which in the end causes inflation.
There is no definitive way to make PvE more fun, it's all subjective. You have to consider not just the positive sides of your suggestion, but also the negative sides. Honestly, I'd just like to see a place
with insanely strong characters, or characters that are level 20 no matter what level you are. To provide more of a challenge, so to say. But that is my fun, I love the challenge and the struggle to then end up victorious.

I'd say just wait for Grand Quest to happen. I have a strong feeling PvE will be awesome with the addition of quests and storyline, etc.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/20/2013 8:34:01   
Megadragonknight

This suggestion I implemented do have flaw but I still go with it without a care on the flaw. I am not the type of player who want so insanely challenge like what happened to Storm Knight and Lich, I had to use only Iron Hide characters to go against such Boss character that are "hacker". Its a really tough challenge but not the kind of match I really like so much. I prefer fighting Vergil of Fiend and Witchblade.

1) Like what Normal PvE battle is, its totally similar to the usual PvE battle we always do to gain EXP and Gold. No changes at all with the exception of choosing any characters we want to fight. But, I am aware of such flaw, so instead, we can make it that players is limit to fight TC maximum 3 times daily. TC is the only character that help us gain more gold and XP easier.

2 and 3) Majority of players would choose to fight master/legendary characters as the AI master and legendary rank are smarter than the AI apprentice rank. So, definitely this will make 2 and 3 more interesting especially 3. If you think its really easy, then setting of difficulty will change the whole battle system.

Overall, the Arena PvE tournament idea I came up with is just something quite fun for PvE battle. Usually, we always fight 1 opponent in PvE and never got to fight more than 1 in PvE. That's one point I came up with this suggestion.

Edit: This suggestion is an enhanced version of PvE to make it more fun with the characters you can choose to fight with. If choosing is a bad idea, then use the old style, fight any character in random in every different battle system.

Edit2: If everyone also think its totally a bad idea, then my suggestion can be ignore and don't need to go on with the discussion.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 12/20/2013 8:44:51 >
Post #: 35
12/20/2013 8:47:20   
JoelJ1998

I honestly love your idea MegaDK
DF AQW  Post #: 36
12/20/2013 8:47:31   
The Death Angel

2 and 3) boils down to knowing whether people actually will choose to fight master/legendary characters. There has to be some kind of incentive for wanting to challenge such hard characters, like extra gold and or EXP. The very reason some people only farm at Bottomless Pit is because there are no characters with shields etc, which makes them easy and fast to kill, so I don't see how people will stop from choosing an easy shadow character for quick and easy gold/EXP. Perhaps lower amount of gold and exp awarded for defeating apprentice ranks.

I'm not entirely sold on the idea, both because I don't consider this a PvE game at all and it sorta ruins the surprise if you can just pick whoever you want to fight. Not to say it's not going to work, but there needs to be some tweaks, the game is all about the fun, but
there are other things to considering when doing so.

Edit: All it needs is some tweaking, it's not a bad idea by any means at all, but I also try to provide my honest feedback since me just praising everything doesn't help at all.

< Message edited by The Death Angel -- 12/20/2013 8:49:30 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
12/20/2013 8:55:49   
JoelJ1998

I would pretty much just be VSing those characters with cool animations to drool over them all day every day
DF AQW  Post #: 38
12/20/2013 8:58:02   
Megadragonknight

If you want tough challenge, there is always PvP battle to bring you the excitement and fun you need. I myself don't like PvP battle at all since I can't see the fun in it anymore, but for PvE, there is some way to make it fun since players find PvE not to exciting enough but rather a battle they need to farm XP and Gold. PvE is a battle for players to farm gold and XP without giving so much pressure. PvP is a battle made for excitement and fun to players who love PvP. I wish to see PvE to be part of another excitement in-game since PvE is part of OS permanent feature too.

Edit: Yes, criticism help to improve suggestion better.

Edit2:
@JoelJ
Thank you for liking my idea. :) If you have anything that need improvement, do say so. My suggestion is mainly meant for fighting other character that can never be fought in PvE. But I also give extended idea to enhance PvE battle system.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 12/20/2013 9:05:04 >
Post #: 39
12/20/2013 9:32:41   
JoelJ1998

Alright! V. Rebirth 1~15 in a night. Thats all for me tonight. Bye guys!!
DF AQW  Post #: 40
12/20/2013 10:17:11   
bei4

Hi there guys finaly my holiday started so i can play much OS.
Also can't wait for the release tonight since we didn't get any clue.
Probaly xmas chars.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/20/2013 14:42:07   
The Finnish Phoenix

^Yeah hopefully there'll be a release this week, if there is I think we can expect Xmas Elf although I'm not sure what else.

And I love your idea too Megadragonknight, although TC should probably excluded outright because it's meant to be seldom seen due to its high rewards. It'd be great to be able to train multiple characters at once though. :) I think it would be cool if we could also choose our opponents' levels and get a total amount of EXP that's divided equally among the number of characters we use.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 12/20/2013 14:45:54 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
12/20/2013 14:45:42   
The Mango

I'll be gone this whole day :( So if there is a release today i'm going to miss it.
AQW  Post #: 43
12/20/2013 14:46:51   
The Finnish Phoenix

That's okay, if there's a release I'm sure the characters from it will stick around for longer than just a day. :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 44
12/20/2013 15:48:39   
DarkLore

Don't be too sure. Artix.com doesn't have OS listed as a release this week.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
12/20/2013 15:54:13   
bei4

Owh if its not on artix.com theres no release , i want to know the reason why not.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
12/20/2013 16:14:36   
Andlu

@Bei4 Battle gems was delayed. So Maybe a delay on Nulgath being unable to work totally here.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 47
12/20/2013 16:15:30   
Vagaran

Well we might get release next week...lets just wait and see ^^
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 48
12/20/2013 16:55:12   
bei4

New desing notes up at the homepage.
The new rev +xmas elf next week:D

< Message edited by bei4 -- 12/20/2013 16:56:34 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
12/20/2013 17:21:01   
EliteWarlockz

Yes new rev next week !
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 137 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition