Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Junkyard (Item Reclaim)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Junkyard (Item Reclaim)
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/23/2013 18:54:42   
Stabilis

I have an idea involving the Junkers and a means of restoring items that are no longer with the player.

The Junkyard. The Junkyard is an area in Central Station that is accessed by heading south in the same room as the Junker droid.

Right here.

The Junkyard functions as a special sort of shop. The NPC dealer is a Junker who will sell the player's previously sold items. I was going to suggest selling them as rusted and broken versions, but that is too much work for the artists. So, instead, the Junker will sell the items in their original condition but at a premium expense. These items cost what they usually cost, plus an extravagant fee.

Conditions of the Junkyard shop:

• The quantity of an item in stock is equal to the number of said item sold.

• Junkyard items cost more than the original item.

• The Junkyard will sell all items sold by the player, regardless of availability in the current game (like certain seasonal rares or ultra rares).

This suggestion is meant for players to recover from past events (scams, hacks, recent updates to EpicDuel). This is an old suggestion of mine from approximately 1 year ago.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 12/24/2013 12:19:38 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
12/23/2013 19:02:47   
Nexus...

Super supported, especially since many of us sold items when they used to become outdated every 6 months. This would be an awesome addition to the game.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 2
12/23/2013 19:09:51   
Stabilis

quote:

especially since many of us sold items when they used to become outdated every 6 months.

This is definitely a large role in why someone like myself has sold an item like the Dragon Buster II, following the release of the Infernal Slayer.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 12/23/2013 19:15:22 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
12/23/2013 19:44:01   
One Winged Angel1357

I mean I don't sell many items and I never was big into rares because I am a free to play but I can see how being able to rebuy sold weapons from before the cannot sell phase would be a good thing for the owners and it wouldn't kill people to be able to buy old rares even though someone is going to come along and say it will ruin there value as being rare
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/23/2013 19:53:04   
GearzHeadz

Supported. All the way. Back at the delta vaults in the heat of the moment I sold my stun blaster for the infernal android because I thought it was going rare. Want my baby back.

Only problem I see it, some items used to be sold/bought for credits AND varium, they don't anymore. How would they work around this? And can they even check to see players sold items?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/23/2013 20:00:52   
Mother1

Not supported

1 if you sold your item you already got reimbursed with 50% of your credits and 15% of your varium if you sold the items. It was your choice to sell said item even though you knew it was going to become rare/ it was already rare.

2 if you were scammed that is no one's fault but your own. It was said many times not to give out your password to anyone, and if you do that and get scammed that is on no one but you.

Epic  Post #: 6
12/23/2013 20:08:13   
One Winged Angel1357

@GearzHeadz there most likely is no way of checking on our old gear and we could just end up as an exception to the rule but then that would make the entire concept pointless as the staff said promos are coming back one year after they are released as in game items
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/23/2013 20:09:31   
GearzHeadz

Many other games allow people to do buybacks. Why shouldn't this one?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/23/2013 20:16:47   
Remorse

I support this for weapons sold between alpha and delta.

Items sold in omega were done so in the knowledge that that items could be leveled up if they wish.

The reason being is I don't think players should get what the sold back but I also think they should make an exception for when ED outdated items extremely fast making them useless.

Though this sort of spits in the face to the conservative player who purposely bought inventory slots knowing surely they will do something to revive old rares in the future such as me and I was right, which is why I have never sold anything except for a few weapons in which I came to hate the look and the weapons I used to level up, that is all.

I suggest that if their is such high demand for this that they open it for a limited time and only sold back items during alpha to delta.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/23/2013 20:18:21 >
Epic  Post #: 9
12/23/2013 20:21:24   
Mother1

@ Gearzheadz

Many other games =/= Epic duel

and besides different games have different rules and policies.

@ OWA

I do remember sometime ago seeing two thread one being that they never received the founder armor, and the other being the OP saying they were missing an item and didn't sell it.

before those's threads were locked the Mod's responded brought up the date when said player got said item, and the other the date when said item was sold. So for at least promo items and packages I believe they have some sort of record for it.
Epic  Post #: 10
12/23/2013 20:32:09   
GearzHeadz

Games also change their policies.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/23/2013 21:02:09   
One Winged Angel1357

@Mother well that would be the first I had seen of that but I can agree they should have a transaction record of promo packages at the very least
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/23/2013 21:15:32   
edwardvulture

As much as i'd like to buy back rares i've sold, this is impossible because I don't think the devs kept track of it at all. Maybe we could have a day where beta players can get access to all beta rares..etcx just before this game goes into prod
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
12/23/2013 21:52:19   
Stabilis

I do not know if they keep a log of things in a database for transactions, but if they do, it can link into this suggestion. If not, forget it. Although, the customer help desk does bring back hacked items, so I would think that they log each varium transaction.
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
12/24/2013 5:03:46   
CN2025

i sold my delta weapons for frost slayer cause i was out of varium.i regretted it cause its ultra rare now . im pretty sure its recorded my transaction as buying a 10k pack and the only pack at that time was the delta wepons . so thats proof that ive bought it. id love to get items back and im sure many do i support.

please make ths a feature i know theres alot of coding in it but you can go oversome accounts and review them and stuff

unlike the idea of omega and changing passives the active which the game doesn't even need .this is an actual good feature!! you have to listen to the right people.

OFF TOPIC:id love it if you had a rabblefroth poll which will let people choose whether to revert back the passives or keep the actives . imo the passive were really the core structure of a class and not having them is putting you in a disadvantage but you removed them because of that and now i feel like every class is the same. bounty hunters didn't have a way to regain energy so what? we regained health passivly instead and we also had a way to control energy in the form of emp i would appreciate it if you revert the following passives back because our players really gotten used to them: blood lust ,reroute , hybrid armour , mineral armour , plasma armor,

< Message edited by CN2025 -- 12/24/2013 5:14:13 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/24/2013 7:59:40   
DanniiBoiixD

I regret selling my Frostbane and would definitely pay 5k varium for it back. Supported!
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/24/2013 8:41:50   
Emperor_Blitz

Supported as well I've sold some items that I regret selling
Epic  Post #: 17
12/24/2013 9:08:37   
Drianx

Unfortunately developers never think of correcting their own mistakes or injustices in the past.
Therefore no matter whether we support this or not, it will either not happen, or will apply for present and future items only.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/24/2013 9:57:01   
Scyze

So did you think of this suggestion because you sold your Rares? If It wasn't because you sold your Rares, then what's the real reason behind this suggestion?
To me it sounds like you just miss the Rare/Ultra-Rare items you sold and you want them back. The thing which is good to think about is that you're willing to spend more than what the item you sold originally cost.

Rare items will never come back (unless they're Seasonal-Rare). Don't even bother to change it. As much as I miss my Rares, which I sold, I have to remember that it was my choice. It was my choice to sell those Weapons which were/are Rare.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/24/2013 12:07:08   
Stabilis

quote:

So did you think of this suggestion because you sold your Rares?

I sold some of my rares, I only sold them because they were outclassed regularly when the developers released new items. Now, in Omega, all items can be kept up to date, never to be obsolete. I should have bought inventory space for everything, but how could I have known that they were going to implement the upgrades system for equipment? As far as anyone was concerned, none of the items we used were ever going to be buffed.
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
12/24/2013 15:52:37   
GearzHeadz

Scyze you seem to be saying that more spitefully then for just something that would be convenient for all players in general. It wouldn't even have to be a rare. You could just accidently sold an item that you didn't mean to and want it back
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/24/2013 18:23:38   
One Winged Angel1357

Not to derail your idea but the devs might still have the art assets and even the code for the rusty weapons so maybe we could do away with the rare tags and insert them back in as a weapon.

Maybe because they are rusty we can give them a -1 to damage and that way we have another art pathway for character creation because let's face it aside from weapon locked cores all weapons are just part of you characters outift

To farther this idea maybe we can make a slightly dirtied up version of all the new weapons and in the junkyard store it is LQS of only the number of weapons sold can be bought starting from date x and running from that point on until the feature is bugged or removed

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 12/24/2013 18:26:34 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/24/2013 18:33:03   
CN2025

no every wepon has to be equal in omega besides cores
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/24/2013 19:16:16   
One Winged Angel1357

The incredibly minor weakness of Rusty weapons would have been a shout out to the original rusty weapons that were weaker than their normal counter parts
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/24/2013 19:18:52   
CN2025

nope we should be able to get the original back because we ourselfs have had them before its stupid if we have counterfeit versions
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Junkyard (Item Reclaim)
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition