Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Blocks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Blocks
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/26/2013 11:19:33   
AssassinOrd3r

Blocks are happening way to often their is at least 2 a battle i say we lower this because it gets really annoying because so far i been blocked 6 times in 1 battle this enrages me i know most player gets blocked at least 3+ which is way to much this needs to be stopped
Epic  Post #: 1
12/26/2013 12:33:36   
Mother1

Lower it how exactly? Lower the chance of it happen? Do that, and when it does happen it will case people to get even more annoyed when it does happen. It could be a bug that came with the last update since this wasn't happening before the update.
Epic  Post #: 2
12/26/2013 12:56:20   
Altador987

not really, blocks didn't happen nearly enough compared with deflections and stuns... also i noticed you're a hunter and lately i've seen a lot of hunters get all overdramatic due to the fact that someone blocks while being smoked, and smoke simply lowers that chance it doesn't automatically mean that blocks can't happen, plus what build are you using that you'd get blocked 6 times in a match that's what sidearm, aux, robot, and cores take care of...plus the other skills
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/27/2013 0:04:01   
dfo99

how much is you dexterity status?
Post #: 4
12/27/2013 9:21:13   
Steel Slayer

I can see what OP is saying, seems like blocks(and deflections) are happening with much greater frequency lately. Talked to a few people in-game about this, and we came up with a theory-is it at all possible that block and deflection chance got multiplied by 10 when everything else did? That might account for it, should be looked into IMO. Block chance is capped at 35%, which would be about 3 or 4 out of every 10 attacks, this seems frighteningly close to what is happening.
Epic  Post #: 5
12/27/2013 10:37:18   
Yello

I had this battle against a str BH with a phy weap and I won the battle just by blocks because i blocked EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Btw, my build is a focus tech BH, with 45 dex and 22 dex from item stats but I got smoked in battle.

He said that I was allegedly hacking the game because I was blocking way to frequent for my dex.

Post #: 6
12/27/2013 11:32:23   
Remorse

It is funny how their is often a balance thread about blocks whenever STR builds are the new OP flavor of the week copy builds :P

All I see is people complaining they aren't OP enough and don't win easy enough despite STR being the most effortless of all builds to win with...

@ Steel,

The reason why luck is worse now is because STR builds have only just became the craze again the week before that it was focus builds and they are far less prone to bad luck.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/27/2013 11:34:52 >
Epic  Post #: 7
12/27/2013 14:40:54   
AssassinOrd3r

honestly this is happening way to often i dont care about smoke even without smoke i been getting blocked every battle it is annoying only thing i can trust in this game is stun gernade multi emp mass and gun everything else usually gets blocked or deflected
Epic  Post #: 8
12/27/2013 14:45:16   
GearzHeadz

@Remorse
No its not people complaining about that, I don't know if you've been playing or not but there has been a massive increase of blocks.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/27/2013 15:04:28   
Mother1

@ Gearzheadz

I have seen it, and anyone who relies on melees usually get screwed over. I ended up losing a match where one person was AFK until his partner came back due to this happening.
Epic  Post #: 10
12/27/2013 15:43:51   
DarkDevil

more str , more use of mele , more blocks.

the chance is the same as its high to prevent str abuse so dex plays a big role.

if you attack 5 times a game and once is blocked then its happening low , if you attack 15 times and get blocked 3 times then it is high ????

block chance wasn't changed , its ppl use of mele that has increased.

as DNs didn't mention it then we can't say it did , maybe the RNG is now acting badly due to the data overflow with the points multiplication.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/27/2013 15:46:38 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
12/27/2013 15:57:35   
Teserve

I heard the chance was 49%.

@below
My bad. :O

< Message edited by Teserve -- 12/27/2013 18:24:03 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/27/2013 15:59:20   
DarkDevil

no the cap is now 39% if you have 68 dex advantage and the ninja reflex core.
49% was with shadow arts which was changed.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/27/2013 16:00:23 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
12/27/2013 16:04:09   
GearzHeadz

DNs didn't mention energy parasite being bugged, it happened. The fact that there are more blocks happening, is that people with dex around 30 are blocking people people with 90 dex 3/5 times.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/27/2013 16:34:48   
Stabilis

quote:

Talked to a few people in-game about this, and we came up with a theory-is it at all possible that block and deflection chance got multiplied by 10 when everything else did?

No, this is because probability is fractional and not a whole number, like 800 health. Probability involves a number being divided by another number equal to or greater than itself. For instance, 50%, is half, or 1 out of 2. 1 divided by 2 is 0.5, and 0.5 out of 1 represents a likelihood of happening 50% of the time.

If any probability was multiplied by 10, you would expect some battles to have the same lucky event occurring on every turn. Example. I have a 30% chance to block my opponent. Multiply that by 10, and now I have a 300% chance to block them; in other words I now have a 3 out of 1 chance of blocking them. That means, if they try to Strike, not only am I guaranteed to block them... I will block them with 3 times the power. Of course, this is not happening, and is evident that the probabilities have not been changed.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 12/27/2013 16:35:35 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
12/27/2013 18:15:59   
Altador987

quote:

people with dex around 30 are blocking people people with 90 dex 3/5 times.

ok this here is a problem... the problem being that an opponent's 90 dex does not negate a player's 30 dex, dex increases block chance it does NOT decrease the opponent's and a lot of people think the game should work that way with crits, blocks, and deflections and that's where a lot of complaints come from, yes someone with 90 dex should obviously block more than someone with 30 dex but at the same time that person with 90 dex also has their block chance decreased twice due to the balance factor so dex wouldn't be abused first at 55 and then at 85... i noticed that a very nice def number for blocks was 26-30 (whatever the higher number was) with shadow arts or ninja reflexes or even without both...

also i gotta agree with remorse on this one, even the bounties have switched to strength builds and now there'd be a reason for a lot of people (especially bounties who believe their smoke just automatically ends ANY and ALL chances of a block) to be upset about a block but there are so many skills and ways to avoid a block or not rely on walking up to someone and hitting them
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/27/2013 18:27:16   
Teserve

@above
If what GearzHeadz says is true, IIRC the minimum block chance is 2%, so 30 vs 90 is about 5%. If I can do math (debatable), 5%<60% (which I got from Gearz post saying 3/5).
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/28/2013 4:25:29   
DarkDevil

search google for epicduel battle mechanics .

block base is of 8% changed by the dex advantage /2.5 .
the one with 30 dex have 2% minimum + 4% core (if he had it ) and the one with 90 dex has 32%.

as long as there is a chance even as low as 2% it still can happen.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/28/2013 4:26:52 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
12/28/2013 4:42:34   
Silver Sky Magician

There might be a bug. Or there simply might be more people relying on strikes due to the rise of STR builds, and thus an increase in the amount of times they are blocked. Before the current wave of STR builds, strikes were pretty infrequent. And of course, with more people being affected more by blocks, there's more indignation involved.
Post #: 19
12/28/2013 5:34:53   
King FrostLich

Unsure if people just use strike rather than use gun and aux. Oh wait, everyone wants to strike....
Epic  Post #: 20
12/28/2013 6:01:31   
DarkDevil

gun and aux are made to avoid getting block , so as skills.
block is there to stop str abuse.

if you don't want to get blocked then use anti-luck cores and have alot of dex.
you need 15 dex advantage and a lucky strike core to eliminate the block probability.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/28/2013 6:05:44 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Blocks
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition