Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Battle Matchup suggestions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Battle Matchup suggestions
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/5/2014 11:30:41   
Silver Sky Magician

^

If you're advocating to preserve the status quo, then yes, that's what you're effectively suggesting.

Yes, of course it's possible to beat higher leveled players. Else my win rate would be like 20%. But are the fights in any way fair? And were you beating level 40s as a level 35 player? Note that you managed to beat those players within the suggested revised level range. And you're pointing out that with legendary stats, only level 40s will be a match for other level 40s. We know nothing about legendary stats, so that's speculation. In addition, how is this a criticism of the revised level range suggestion? You're essentially implying, whether intentionally or not, that for fair matches once legendary stats are implemented, level 40s should only fight other level 40s. Which is impractical, and irrelevant to the topic at hand.

And I'm not advocating that they revise level ranges now. Suitable demographic observations, as I noted earlier, are necessary prerequisites. But with the player base apparently draining, necessitating a player increase before revising ranges would lead to a vicious cycle - players leaving because of unfair fights, devs delaying changes, more players leaving, etc.
Post #: 26
1/5/2014 12:24:23   
Mother1

@ SSM

I was never a level 35 when the level cap was raised to level 40 I was 36. So no I could never have fought a level 40 at the moment since there weren't any yet. I ran into the at first at level 37. Next up your suggested range level 38-40 for one vs one not level 37. That was for 2 vs 2 so I won these fight one level below your suggested level range just pointing that out.

But I have to you a question why are you suggesting just to lower the level range instead of just removing it? Lowering the level while increasing the chance of more fair fights doesn't grantee it. However removing the level range completely would at least grantee it level wise.
Epic  Post #: 27
1/6/2014 15:55:21   
Jacobfarrow1

@Mother1

So... If we completely remove the level range, how would those poor Level 1s stand any chance against the 40s? With no range at all, how can we guarantee that the levels of the fighting players will not differ incredibly? I don't think that a Level 1 versing a Level 40 is a fair fight, do you?
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
1/6/2014 16:12:10   
Teserve

@above
Nothing was said about removing level ranges completely.

I am stupid

< Message edited by Teserve -- 1/6/2014 17:52:12 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
1/6/2014 16:42:52   
Jacobfarrow1

quote:

However removing the level range completely would at least grantee it level wise.

So, you're saying that quote, taken directly from the post above which you responded to, has nothing to do with removing the level range completely?

Lol, it's okay. Everyone makes mistakes xD

EDIT 2: I think what Mother1 was trying to say was not to make the level ranges so big that they encompass all levels, but to make it so only players could battle players of equal level.

Off-topic:
Now, not to steal attention from the topic, but do you have a Non-Dexterity Abusing Tech Mage Build you would be willing to give out? If so, please PM me.

< Message edited by Jacobfarrow1 -- 1/6/2014 18:18:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Battle Matchup suggestions
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition