Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Massacre

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Massacre
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/28/2013 17:23:56   
Darkforce832

Level 4 Bludgeon does 32% damage increase at a cost of 160 energy. Blockable, 25 dex required.
Level 1 Massacre does 31% damage increase at a cost of 330. Unblockable, 24 suppot required.
Biggest troll I seen is Berzerker at level one does 35% damage increase at 240 energy cost.

One issue is Massacre has no way of improving, like SuperCharge or Surgical Strike.

Possible Solutions:
Add a source stat that improves the damage % Massacre may do.
Raise the base Boost damage % output the skill can do

I don't even use Bounty much, but this is an obvious flaw in a Bounty's form of super skill.
Post #: 1
12/28/2013 17:28:27   
Ranloth
Banned

Level 4 Bludgeon, whilst Zerker needs one point. Take that into consideration. Also, Massacre improves with Strength - your weapon AND Strength.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
12/28/2013 17:57:01   
Darkforce832

Does Bludgeon, Berzerker, double strike, etc not level as you raise you're weapon strength aswell. Still making them more cost efficient at the same or better damage output.

The damage output at the lower levels of Massacre should be raised significantly to make it first of all, better then other primary weapon strength % booster skills, but worth the energy cost.
Post #: 3
12/28/2013 18:00:41   
GearzHeadz

I made a very similar post to this not to long ago. I still believe bludgeon is overpowered, but too many other players disagree, so I gave up on it. Funny how that's balance. Anyways, I feel all of the % of damage increase should be set off of an energy cost per % of increase. But alas there is none, and the %s have random costs. I would also be okay with massacre's cost if it had an extra perk, like the other ultimates.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 12/28/2013 18:22:07 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/28/2013 19:57:14   
xxxromanxxx4

If you invest in one of the defense reducing robots and then use massacre when the defense debuff is at its peak then you will find massacre does significantly more.

also until support becomes more useful the 42 support you spent to use massacre is wasted where it could have been used for str.
Post #: 5
12/28/2013 21:05:53   
GearzHeadz

A bot shouldn't have to make your SUPER SKILL useful.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/28/2013 22:49:16   
Steel Slayer

/Agree with gearz, I've brought this up before too. Most of the ultimates aren't cost effective compared to other skills, never have been. It shows up a lot more now with energy as constrained as it is. At higher levels, they become more energy efficient in terms of damage per energy spent, but once someone sees you have that many points in it, they just drain you and you cant use it at all.
Epic  Post #: 7
12/28/2013 22:54:35   
GearzHeadz

It is by far the worst with massacre though. While the other two specials deal high damage massacre deals slightly higher. But the difference is, the other two also have 2 special perks with them, while massacre has none. In order for it to be fair, I figure that it should have one special perk with it, instead of 2 since it already deals higher damage.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/28/2013 23:00:32   
Mother1

@ gearheadz

That is because massacre originally did a lot more damage then the other two ultimates plus with bounty hunter thanks to blood lust they passively got back health.

However now Massacre could use a small buff. Especially since they indirectly nerfed all strength based moved when they made weapons do 2 points less damage.
Epic  Post #: 9
12/29/2013 0:46:42   
GearzHeadz

Also the fact like you said, it didn't have any specialty besides high damage because of the passive bloodlust. I understand that, it makes perfect sense, but it doesn't anymore. I think now it should ignore 20% of defenses, or drain 50% of rage from the enemy. Those are the specialties besides health regain that the other specials have. So one or the other would make sense.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 12/29/2013 2:49:42 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/29/2013 3:09:30   
VanitySixx

Supported.

At Massacre's current state, I'd rather use max Cheap Shot than any level Massacre.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/29/2013 10:10:02   
DarkDevil

the problem is that it pays for its str abuse with supp req and pays for debuff snyrgy with weapon req.

i'd say the best solution is to tweak its scale , it scales from 1 to 2 , i think it should scale from 1.3 or 1.4 to 2 instead.

it will increase its power at 1-5 while decrease the need of alot of points , the skill currently needs 7 points and 50 energy to be effecient while becoming too OP.

bludegon is different , it recieves a bonus due to malf as it won't snyrgy , it is currently buged and should be changed on bm cus they shouldn't get the same boost.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/29/2013 10:17:04 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
12/29/2013 11:44:05   
ED Divine Darkness

we could make it give 25% extra rage as it's perk?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/29/2013 12:23:40   
DarkDevil

on the normal use you already have rage after it , extra rage gain won't be a perk , also due to smoke the idea of getting extra rage doesn't really work.
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
12/29/2013 14:59:42   
Scyze

You have to consider how the Class behaves with its current Skills.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/29/2013 15:26:14   
GearzHeadz

Poorly, it behaves poorly. This is why you see so many str bhs. Because the other skills just usually aren't worth using. The weakest multi/stuns. Then the other 5/7 skills are str based. Then massacre is just an overpriced skill that is only useful if you can get away with not being drained.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/29/2013 15:51:26   
Scyze

If Bounty Hunter behaves poorly, then why is it so that we see a lot of BHs? If the Class had terrible combination of Skills, there shouldn't even be a high amount of Strength BHs. There should be builds which aren't the same.

All that's going to happen is that players will likely have a build that has Massacre, then some other Skill gets nerfed in the process.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/29/2013 15:56:32   
GearzHeadz

It behaves poorly because their is so few builds to choose from. Even if the build is strong, it doesn't mean the class behaves well. And a buff to massacre wouldn't mean that other skills in the class needs a nerf.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/30/2013 3:45:59   
DarkDevil

actually its because offense is overrated.
dex bh works well as does tech.
it only goes down that str as whole is OP while supp is UP.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/30/2013 3:58:57 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 19
12/30/2013 3:55:44   
GearzHeadz

Not really. I've tried it. BH's multi/stuns are both off of dex and they are the weakest skills of the classes. What is an even bigger slap to the face is that they scale with dex just like mages, but they are weaker.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/30/2013 4:01:03   
DarkDevil

it used to work well only if they didn't destroy static grenade .

also they have nerfed tech when they placed static grenade on supp in order to prevent the builds that doesn't use supp from being effective instead of balancing str and supp which was the real problem.

you could make dex build using static grenade and stun and multi and reflex boost.
also a tech build out of smoke and poison and static grenade.

both of those builds were shred apart.

< Message edited by DarkDevil -- 12/30/2013 4:03:49 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
12/30/2013 4:08:11   
GearzHeadz

I've actually tried all of those. Energy always gets sapped from me. I sap back, but static doesn't return very much. But its still better then when we had to get energy off of reflex boost. That's why you see so many str Bhs now, like you said, many BH skills have been destroyed.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
12/30/2013 8:10:10   
Akhilg

So what will you say as malfunction scales with support but doesnt give back as much as tech does to smoke screen ? if balance is really needed then balance out every skill why just focus on a single class and make it op
Post #: 23
12/30/2013 21:06:32   
VanitySixx

If anything, I'd say the devs should not touch massacre and buff it up until a BH and TM are a bit nerfed. They're overpowered. Especially TM.
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/30/2013 21:10:32   
GearzHeadz

Skill wise BH is fine, almost perfectly balanced. The problem is with the new stats. They need to work on the way str and support interact. TM wise, I think the energy problem with the class could be cured by swapping assimilation with energy parasite (a fixed version)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Massacre
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition