Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Hybrid armor (stat requirements ?)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Hybrid armor (stat requirements ?)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/4/2014 5:30:21   
santonik

Hybrid armor (stat requirements ?)

Could these be removed completely? Or at least weaken?

Merc is really a bit of variety to put your skill points. (over 35lvls)

Requirements. These are quite a lot of merc.

Epic  Post #: 1
1/4/2014 6:11:24   
Remorse

I think hybrid and similar shields should work like this, taken from my stamina post http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21537904 using the stamina system:

quote:

The shields hybrid armour, mineral armour and shadow arts would work like this:
They have 0 warm up and 0 cool down and last indefinitely or until the user runs out of stamina or deactivates it.
The turn activating the shield will cost stamina and consume a turn and every turn with the shield activated will cost stamina draining per turn, possibly making the stamina gained per turn becoming negative.

When the shield is deactivated they do not lose a turn and is done so before they continue their turn or they can wait until they run out of stamina which will deactivate the shields automatically as well as not consume their turn.

Epic  Post #: 2
1/4/2014 8:23:23   
Ranloth
Banned

This isn't place for advertising, since it's two different suggestions.

To the OP, I don't think the requirement is necessary anymore - or at least it could be lowered, so max Armor would require somewhere around 35 stat points, nothing else really.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
1/4/2014 9:45:23   
Remorse

^ This is the balance discussion where up until now I assumed we discussed suggestions to fix balance in an open discussion where the topic here is hybrid armor.

I don't think a small thing like removing the requirements will do much cause the fact is the skill is not very good or useful.

Hence my suggestion.
Epic  Post #: 4
1/4/2014 9:52:51   
toopygoo

@ remorse,
i think your suggestion for now should stay in the suggestion slot, cause balance is what it wont bring. Adding more limitations to current issues si gonna enrage players, i guarantee it. I'm not sure if you can see what i do, but imagine having to wait 3 turns to use something like hatchlings, or corrosion... it would devalue all bots, and all paid for weapons and unique cores. as someone who has spent 200 dollras i know i would be pretty angry.

At the idea. yes i could go for this. I think since it now works in another way, the support reliance isnt even necessary... at most 25... its expensive to be useful, and sets back most merc builds, successful or not. (and success in my opinion is winning as many games as you lose. a 1:1 w/l build is a complete success imo. It means the game works for you the way its meant to: in a balanced state.

AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/4/2014 10:00:18   
Remorse

I Imagine the idea and I think it is great,
Also when someone drains your energy currently you can't even use them all together at least with stamina you can use it eventually.

Limiting things through strategy and counters is the key to balance in any fun game.
Epic  Post #: 6
1/4/2014 17:36:50   
GearzHeadz

If hybrid armor loses its requirements, then so should plasma armor, mineral armor, and shadow arts.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/4/2014 19:55:13   
Teserve

@above
An issue is that support is a bad stat.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/4/2014 20:47:21   
GearzHeadz

Shadow arts improves with support.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/4/2014 20:57:49   
Nexus...

@Remorse please don't bring your suggestion that is completely balance related into this balance thread and demolish all of our ideas for balance just because your idea is an absolutely viable solution and fits this balance discussion perfectly.

Thanks,

/endsarcasm

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 10
1/5/2014 0:41:00   
Remorse

^Haha thx for the support nexus,
But I guess I probably have been forcing my sugestion too much.
Problem is the bias I have for my ideas makes most things seem insuffeceint.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/5/2014 0:42:44 >
Epic  Post #: 11
1/5/2014 11:55:30   
Teserve

@GearzHeadz
quote:

Shadow arts improves with support.

It requires support, different. And yes, we already realized that SA is weak as well. Armors (skills) are weak in general. Or anything that's abbreviation ends in 'A'.

< Message edited by Teserve -- 1/5/2014 11:56:02 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Hybrid armor (stat requirements ?)
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition