Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Battles (LEVEL DIFFRENCE)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Battles (LEVEL DIFFRENCE)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/7/2014 17:26:10   
Supreme Havox

I've been recently playing as a low level and I notice I've been fighting people I couldn't possibly beat.
Example: Level 3 mercenary vs. a level 7 bounty hunter.

And this happens as you become a higher level but it isn't as frustrating. People like me like to have a good positive record but this isn't easy due to the level distance. My suggestion: Lower the battle level distance (levels 1-10 to about 2 levels)
Example: Level 1 vs. level 3

(11-15 3 levels higher) (15-25 4 levels higher) (25-40 5 levels higher)

This makes for fair battles.
Post #: 1
1/7/2014 17:48:51   
ValkyrieKnight

Wait til you're playing against players that know what they're doing, almost all of my losses come from fighting people 3 levels higher with 5 level higher opponents being stupidly common. You have it easy.

Don't get me started on 2v2, I have yet to touch it without someone being 4 - 5 levels above me.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 1/7/2014 17:51:57 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/7/2014 17:59:50   
CN2025

thats why you should play and lvl up while every one is at ur current lvl before the cap raises then every one rushes then ur suddenly 5 lvls below cause every is xp boosting

power hour is one solution i guess. there is no good solution to this right now the only way is to lvl up quickly

fame me by clicking my sig if this helped

< Message edited by CN2025 -- 1/7/2014 18:02:12 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/7/2014 18:07:18   
Mother1

well this is what happens when the player base shrinks. When there aren't enough people to go around the engine pairs you off with someone either stronger or weaker than you to get the fight started.

since you are playing with low level accounts if you are at level 1-9 use NPC since at that range they still give EXP.

As for lowering the players range

Off topic

Oh look it is this suggestion again

On topic

with such a small player base wait times will go up and it will be even worse for those who play when there is a small amount of player on a server.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 1/7/2014 18:09:22 >
Epic  Post #: 4
1/7/2014 18:10:35   
ValkyrieKnight

Or they could just reduce the level range. All keeping the current system is doing is making the game frustrating to play for everyone who is not maxed. Power hour? No such thing when you're constantly being forced to lose.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/7/2014 18:12:55   
CN2025

well im not having this problem because i was already lvl cap at the time and was rushing to lvl up and now im a 38
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/7/2014 18:23:12   
ValkyrieKnight

The game turned into a training grounds for hardcore players. No one wants to sit and play Epic Duel all day every day with x2 just to be able to compete. Wrong way. With Legendary Ranks it appears its going to stay for hardcores only especially when you're trying to make it passed level 35. Why force players to 2v2? I for one strongly prefer 1v1.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/7/2014 18:38:58   
Mother1

@ valkrie

1 vs 1 is where all those hardcore players are sadly. I barely see those in 2 vs 2 but I run into those a lot in 1 vs 1. Worst of all they are mostly the same builds so there is little to know variety in 1 vs 1 and while I do like 1 vs 1, the variety in that battle mode (which is very little thanks to these legendary stats) I play 2 vs 2. Not that I don't like 2 vs 2 myself but I get far more variety in that battle mode than I do in 1 vs 1.

Oh and good game last time we fought together we beat that higher level team
Epic  Post #: 8
1/7/2014 18:41:30   
CN2025

i beat 2 36s with a lvl 32 when i was 37
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/7/2014 20:18:19   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Mother and CN20

I understand, people will use OP builds fine whatever, but I would like to be given the chance of developing a counter build if and or at least a chance to beat people. You cannot win a fight 4 and 5 levels under someone without allot of luck or that person having a terrible build. OP build + Level advantage = just refresh the page or sit there and lose. I've beaten people 4 levels higher than me, got close with 5 but 5 is just impossible.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/7/2014 20:22:01   
Supreme Havox

I am actually a higher and a great player if I do say so myself. I just think being a high level is quite boring to be honest. I have experience with the game.
Post #: 11
1/7/2014 20:23:01   
Supreme Havox

I am actually a higher and a great player if I do say so myself. I just think being a high level is quite boring to be honest. I have experience with the game.
Post #: 12
1/7/2014 20:24:32   
Supreme Havox

The reason there isn't quite enough players for to do this is because that this is a problem that makes the battles unbalanced, to be honest this should be in both my mistake.
Post #: 13
1/7/2014 20:47:38   
GearzHeadz

Try to avoid from double posting.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/7/2014 22:19:26   
Mother1

@ Supreme havox

No the reason why we don't have a lot of people is because what the staff did when they launched omega. I have said this many times and I will say it again. When omega started the staff took what many of the older players loved or stayed around for and didn't give much in return. Be it varium advantage, NPC wins, Etc and left just about all of the negatives within the game. Cause even with all these problems in the previous phases they were still pulling players and the game was still thriving.

Anyone who played in the previous phases of this game would know this fact.
Epic  Post #: 15
1/8/2014 8:55:39   
Supreme Havox

Well, when I said un balanced someone I think easily should have implied that I was talking about Omega in general. Yes, I have played in the other phases and yes they are far better than Omega.
Now that I think of it... Why nerf? Just go back to the balanced days back in beta.
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Battles (LEVEL DIFFRENCE)
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition