Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Design Notes: 10th January, 2014 - Chinese New Year Release!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes: 10th January, 2014 - Chinese New Year Release!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/10/2014 23:09:42   
Megadragonknight

@DKYT
Actually, I am referring to the part about Dynasty Warrior and Void Champion. Andlu love Void Champion the most and consider it his most powerful character. Hearing a level 2 Dynasty Warrior giving extremely hard time to a level 15 Void Champion will make him very unhappy. I am not sure how Andlu will react but hopefully he will not be too annoyed.
Post #: 26
1/10/2014 23:15:26   
Kiazz

Do you think Sage was responsible for the decks again?
Post #: 27
1/10/2014 23:31:52   
DidYouKnowThat

@Kiazz: They said the Devs already knew of Elf's OP'ness, and since Elf is not a Soulgem character, I don't think it was Sage.

@MDK: Oh I see. :P I look forward to PvP'ing this Warrior. :O
Post #: 28
1/10/2014 23:36:57   
Beck

@DYKT
No, Sage does all the card decks for all characters xD
AQW  Post #: 29
1/10/2014 23:42:46   
DidYouKnowThat

@Oh lol. . . . . . . . . . I guess you can still toss in some Shatter CC's then. :P

I was right not to train X-mas Elf.
Post #: 30
1/11/2014 0:45:21   
The Finnish Phoenix

Hey y'all, my Flash is still outdated so I can't play other than maybe the odd few minutes from the odd library but I'll comment that I approve of the nerf to Xmas Elf. For a 0 gold F2P char it had no business being the best Ice char, let alone the best char in the game which it was with its original deck. It might still be able to compete, but without Shatters it's very much a shadow of its former self. Which is good, since now our beloved Cosoma Titans, Frost Queens, Frost Voids, Master Barbarians, Krugers, Snow Ninjas, etc can retain their dignity.

The new Water chars just straight up suck, by the way. Adding more Water chars won't do anything to fix the element when they follow in the tradition of their underpowered predecessors.

quote:

Do you think Sage was responsible for the decks again?

Yeah. :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
1/11/2014 0:47:41   
The Jop

Good job nerfing a free character, forums. Far be it for free players to have anything decent. It got refresh and frostbite, some of the worst cards of their respective elements, and lost shatter and healing spring which were some of the best cards of their elements. I'm really disappointed that they nerfed her as much as they did. The only way to recover is with Ice CC, which, guess what, I don't have. Since I have no X-Boosts, I have spent all the gold I had and the only ice series special card I have is ice needle. It's just shifting the game even more in the favor of those with X-Boosts, which I honestly didn't think was possible. And I spend so much time on this game with barely any CC to show for it; I can't imagine how bad it is for more casual free players.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 1/11/2014 0:56:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
1/11/2014 1:06:03   
Blackshock

Well, due to the game's pacing, there's still plenty of time to work for gold. That and really, not only is she free to catch, but she also literally costs zero gold, I don't think it's really that bad a deal.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 33
1/11/2014 1:06:24   
Beck

@TFP
I think the Horse has potential; he has 2 Power Flows for extra power, and good strong heals for resilience.

@The Jop
Get a Cosoma; he doesn't need any CC to be excellent.
AQW  Post #: 34
1/11/2014 1:10:36   
megakyle777

Personally, i think Nulgath's Birthday Gift is ion game. It's in Other Updates rather then coming soon, and the other stuff there has presumaby been done:

Warlic optimizing the chars? Done
VoidKnight's name Changed? Done
Founder and Xmas shop gone? Done

Thus, Nulgath's Gift must be done as well.
DF  Post #: 35
1/11/2014 1:15:29   
The Jop

@Beck
I have one, but the SG Cosoma Titan is better.

@blackshock
Sure, I guess. For 0 gold I would have taken a character with only 100 attacks. I'm just disappointed that a good free character lost its advantages and now is worse than the SG ice characters, basically restoring the "pay to win balance".

< Message edited by The Jop -- 1/11/2014 1:17:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
1/11/2014 1:16:44   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

Another update:

Nulgath's Gift is NOT done/in game yet. It was supposed to be a reminder.

Thank you for understanding.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
1/11/2014 1:18:45   
Kiazz

@Beck I think I've said this before, way back, on aqueous. I think 2 powerflows is too much, even if you take fresh start into the equation. Water is made to heal and chip-away, and the fact that fresh start consumes two cards, which greatly reduces your chance for healing is, therefore, a part of it. The chip-away part is good because attack cards leave charges for healing, unlike the costly 13. I mean, I'd understand it if it were 12. But it's not, so why have two of it? This is one of the reasons why dynasty is powerful, stated by death angel; it doesn't have a powerflow, despite the enormous amount of less than ideal water crashes, rapids, too few shields, and only one healing spring.

Edit: Done right, you won't ever charge enough for powerflow, as most of the current water chars can expend it pretty well with high-costing yet more rewarding cards such as attack cards for combo bonuses and healing springs. 20-15 for healing springs, oh ho ho.

< Message edited by Kiazz -- 1/11/2014 1:20:55 >
Post #: 38
1/11/2014 1:22:50   
Beck

@The Jop
There needs to be balance between characters, this is true. I understand that you miss having a very, very strong Ice character, for free, for zero gold, that took no effort to search for, however, it does need to be weaker than other free, much harder to find ice characters (Cosoma), as well as some SG Ice characters, such as Cosoma Titan.

Do remember that it is the people who are buying SGs who are keeping this game going; most people would expect to get better things if they paid for the game, than compared to a player who did not pay for it.

@Kiazz
I admit that I haven't spent much time playing as water characters; the Horse plays very much like Fire, actually; it's geared almost entirely to attacking. Crude, but fun to throw against AIs xD I will probably switch to the Dynasty warrior for PvP matches though, since you're right, energy efficiency is very hard to achieve with water's awkward energy costs (since I'm much more used to Ice) and the card-draining Fresh Starts.

< Message edited by Beck -- 1/11/2014 1:25:01 >
AQW  Post #: 39
1/11/2014 1:24:01   
The Jop

@Beck
It could have been weaker, but they didn't have to nerf it so much. They could have just removed its freeze instead of replacing healing spring and shatter with refresh and frostbite. Now it's just awful.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/11/2014 1:29:29   
Beck

@the Jop
The intention behind the move I believe was to preserve the Xmas Elf's unique playing style: A strong ice character who can Shield and Heal. I would argue that taking away Freeze is an even worse nerf than switching out the Shatters; Freeze cannot be added to CC, and is critical for attack and defense for Ice characters, since it helps you offset the long wait for your DoT attacks to hit.

I think Frostbite also forces you to use more direct attacks, of which the Xmas Elf has good cards for. In addition, the Refreshes are weaker heals that still work with her playing style; we all agreed over in the Balance thread that Healing Springs were too strong; I think a heal card that relies on the frequent shields to work is appropriate for an Ice character.
AQW  Post #: 41
1/11/2014 1:29:36   
BJEBLE

@Jop I actually like the Refresh on Elf, it adds health to some shields. Now, Maybe 1 Shatter/1 Frostbite is good, but no Shatters and 2 Frostbites is meh.
DF  Post #: 42
1/11/2014 1:35:49   
The Jop

Does it work on Ice Wall? Because if not, she only has 2 shield cards. It doesn't seem worth it to discard 2 cards for fresh start, then on the off chance you get refresh and a shield in the same hand to heal for 300. It's much worse than the previous set up which only required the water card to heal, and it healed for 800. Not to mention frostbite being the worst DoT in the game. If a DoT forces you to use direct attacks it can't be very good, especially when it's forcing an ice character, which are not renowned for their direct attacking abilities.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 1/11/2014 1:39:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
1/11/2014 1:40:06   
Jmagician

@The Jop: To be honest, SGs aren't really worth investing in anyway. There are tons of free and powerful alternatives to pretty much any SG character. One thing that totally needs a change is the imbalance in CC between SG players and free ones. This is an issue as CC adds a huge advantage.

In any case, This Dynasty Warrior intrigues me >:o
AQW  Post #: 44
1/11/2014 1:52:47   
Beck

@The Jop
Yes, Refresh does work on Ice Walls. And since Refreshes cost less energy than Healing Spring to use, one Fresh Start will actually let you heal more health than before now.

I agree that Frostbite is the weaker of the 2 DoT Ice cards, but it's sufficient for the Xmas Elf, considering she CAN still heal and Freeze her opponents.

I think this is a very fair nerf; the Xmas Elf retains her unique playing style, is still formidable, but no longer outshadows all previous ice characters. For a completely free, effortless to get character, she's excellent.

@Jmagician
Well obviously SGs ARE worth investing in, considering how much faster you get CC cards with them. I do agree that it is discouraging sometimes to buy gold packs and get nothing good, and that the Gold price per pack should be dropped.

And the Dynasty Warrior is a pretty good Water character, yes. I'll wait to see others level him, and get their opinions on his deck.
AQW  Post #: 45
1/11/2014 2:01:48   
DidYouKnowThat

Yeah, Beck B' right. It is a F2P character that costs 0 gold and 0 effort. . . . .and yet it is supposedly stronger than SG characters and all. That ain't right.

But in my opinion they shouldn't have added Frostbite. Taking away Shatter and giving it nothing is MUCH better than giving it Frostbite. . .
Post #: 46
1/11/2014 2:05:40   
Jmagician

@Beck: You make some interesting points on Xmas Elf. Hmm while you are busy waiting, I will use Dynasty Warrior as a hunting tool for the Gent and at the same time, will figure out its strengths and weaknesses for my own >:)

Anyway, SGs are only good for one thing: Xboosts. I got 10 and that is all I need to build 15k in a decent amount of time to purchase packs. SG packs will just drain you till you have nothing left, so it isn't worth investing in that sense unless you really need a specific card. This is how I see it.
AQW  Post #: 47
1/11/2014 2:05:57   
The Jop

No one's objectively right; it's a matter of opinion. Anyway, my opinion isn't going to change anything so I might as well discuss the new releases. I'm surprised they added Chinese New Year as an event to Oversoul, it should bring some interesting characters in the following years. Dynasty Warrior is okay as well, for an offensive water character.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
1/11/2014 2:17:37   
Megadragonknight

At least give 1 Shatter and 1 Frostbite for Xmas Elf's deck and I won't have any much to worry about Xmas Elf's offense.

Year of the Horse is one of the most offensive Water character with 2 power flow and Fresh Start, having 2 Healing Spring and 2 Shield pretty much cover Year of the Horse's defence. Overall, YotH is worth it.

Dynasty Warrior is strong and able to give Void Champion a very hard time due to Dynasty low cost energy of cards with no Power Flow hence able to deal tons of damage quickly. Void Champion's deck is very cost effective and even with Void Reflection, Dynasty have 3 Water Crash which VR can't counter against.
Post #: 49
1/11/2014 2:32:35   
DidYouKnowThat

@MDK: Indeed.

Many Pierce-power Characters releasing in these updates. . sort of screws up my strategy. I wanted to give my VR 4 fire shields, and one neutral shield. . . . ultimate shield defense. :((

But now with these Pierce super-powers rolling along. . . . . . . . . . my Ironhide should cover for that. Lel! Looks like more offensive? A burn. . 1 Firewhirl, 1 Incinerate, and possibly 1 neutral shield, 1 fire shield?
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes: 10th January, 2014 - Chinese New Year Release!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition