Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

NErf str or buff robot

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> NErf str or buff robot
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/16/2014 6:34:41   
suboto

Lower str's power
or make a focus 6
or a robot buff system from 37~40
Finding str builds oped
50/50/50/50 focus 6
Epic  Post #: 1
1/16/2014 6:42:27   
Ranloth
Banned

Any reason behind buff or nerf, apart from "finding str builds oped"? All builds or just some classes abusing it? Specific combination of skills and stats? How high was Strength - so they can take care of the top-end range if it's high amount of Strength?

Last time Rabble mentioned Focus, it looked like it will be nerfed a little if anything, to match weapons losing -20 damage (-2 on old system), so I don't see why buffing Robots, when they are strong already, is needed. Nor nerfing Strength when you don't even mention why it needs a nerf.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
1/16/2014 7:01:35   
Noobatron x3000

Ive seen that AI hit 500+ up to around 600 on rage . I think 6 focus would be a unwise move. I hear what your saying at the minute focus is weak against strength. However that's not due to there being a problem with smoke, rather a problem with strength + bhes and tms. Strengh bhes and tms needs adjusting not focus.

I say bhes because right now at the top are mages and bhes on strength builds there pretty much on equal footing so nerfing one without the other would just leave the door wide open for the next op class and would be rather foolish.

My 2 cents.
Post #: 3
1/16/2014 7:05:31   
DarkDevil

the problem is in supp , str builds don't have much supp , as supp is only usefull for focus or aux which is infirior to strike because all skills who attack rely on str as smoke and mark of blood and assimilation , so supp goes useless.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
1/16/2014 7:08:32   
Noobatron x3000

the thought of buffing support though it is weak bothers me.

With passives gone it would be harder but no doubt theyd find away and the mercs with 130+ support up to about 150 would dominate 2v2 again

still I cannot stress enough look around ED bhes and tms share the top they are on equal footing.

Please don't nerf one without the other or you are just killing tms and everyone will hop to bh forcing 75% of the player base to hop.

< Message edited by Noobatron x3000 -- 1/16/2014 7:10:06 >
Post #: 5
1/17/2014 15:34:06   
Supplies

Well strength does not need a nerf, it has already got nerfed by not increasing your rage anymore.
Post #: 6
1/19/2014 3:05:00   
kittycat

Strength doesn't need a nerf because there are mechanisms built-in to negate damage.

Intimidate and Shadow Arts can mitigate the high damage inflicted, while the Armors, Shields, and Stat Boosts can push aside some damage but will lead to an increase of rage.
AQ MQ  Post #: 7
1/19/2014 3:12:29   
Remorse

As much as I dislike Str builds, buffing focus is not the answer.

Their once was a time with huge varieties of builds not just STR or focus.

Focus is just as much of an issue as STR ever since it crushed once competing variety when it was first introduced.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/19/2014 3:14:14 >
Epic  Post #: 8
1/19/2014 12:55:26   
Altador987

honestly i wish there was a way for robots to be strong without needing a certain amount of focus, we'd receive a good amount of variety instantly maybe stamina could be able to affect that @remorse
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/19/2014 12:56:43   
GearzHeadz

Tech increases bot damaged without focus.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/19/2014 13:02:58   
Altador987

i know that but i mean a total revamp of how bots work that doesn't require a stat or accumulation of stats because with bots being improved with tech those who use malf indirectly were faced with a challenge of many players having decent to strong tech due to said bots (which i believe has something to do with why tms went to the tech dex build and forsook makf altogether other than to get to assimilation)
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/19/2014 15:31:26   
Remorse

^
They should make the amount of damage per focus lower but the base damage higher.
The effect would be around the same damage overall as now except lower levels of focus are now not completely weak and more viable in terms of robot damage.

Robot specials would also become greatly controlled with a stamina cost forcing the user to make an opportunity cost decision meaning the may have to postpone using a core or stamina skill as a result.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/19/2014 15:34:51 >
Epic  Post #: 12
1/19/2014 18:11:00   
Altador987

yea something to that effect would add strategy and hopefully variety
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> NErf str or buff robot
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition